EU Copyright Law 2018 - Modding of ETS2

Centrino2
Global moderator

Re: EU Copyright Law 2018 - Modding of ETS2

#221 Post by Centrino2 » 23 Sep 2018 00:30

Ain't it cramped in Prague?

I'll think they'll get over whelmed in a spread out city, where they would really need a car to get around, rather than take a train bus or cab.

Blackspots

#222 Post by Blackspots » 23 Sep 2018 00:40

SCS could never afford the rent in New York City. Maybe somewhere else like Amarillo, TX
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

pablo27

#223 Post by pablo27 » 27 Sep 2018 15:56

cipinho wrote:
13 Sep 2018 11:07
I have seen this bullshit that starts to be serious but I'll say we should not worry. here we play legally a game and use mods for which nobody will claim any copyrights except the modders! by contrary, I would say this law is helping the mod owners against thieves :lol:
Ok, maybe truck and trailer manufacturers? what to do with the models, trucks, Ai vehicles and trailers? we can live without the God damn trucks, or modders could just rename them like Adibas did to look like Adidas :lol: :lol: :lol: with Ai traffic it's even easier, rename it and remove the logo so problem solved, trailers? really have to get an original name, I don't even know what a Krone trailer is, it can be called no matter what :P
but I trust we misunderstand this law and in reality SCS will be much less affected than we believe now ;) this law is meant to protect the work of the artists, musicians, film makers, writers, etc that want to get their work paid an not spread free over the internet illegally on legal websites. if you want this translated on a smaller scale, the modders are the artists and this law will force ets2.lt website to pay fees for mods authors, banning thieves, etc of course this will not happen it's just an example ;)
but why truck manufacturers should complain for copyrights since their income is from selling that truck???? truck modders don't make real trucks and sell them as trucks, they make a 3D truck that look like their trucks and which don't generate any damage to that manufacturer, by contrary it makes free publicity... :lol: that's the difference between an artist and truck manufacturer... :lol:

But who will complain for weather mods, God maybe? :lol: or for the excellent work of Damian in his graphic mod? or traffic density mods? sound mods (unless an artist produced the sound himself with his throat :lol: ), economy mods? map mods??? will a country be against having its territory represented in a game? maybe Afganistan will be against :lol:
so now, why SCS should close mods and risk their future??? would you really kill the horse for a broken leg ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

to be 100% safe probably SCS could create an open source platform and allow only verified content, if a complaint is received it could obey the rules, remove it and that's it!
or even better, leave it as it is with Steam workshop mods for which Steam should be responsible for their content and for non-steam mods is not the business of SCS or Steam, but rather websites like Sharemods, ets2.lt, etc
anyway, if this shit happens, most of us will play Steam offline with last game version allowing mods, with no updates and no new DLCs... If the old versions of the game will not be available I will make already a back-up of the last game version and all my mods ;)
I see your location is Brussels--do you by any chance work for the EU?

Pedrom029

#224 Post by Pedrom029 » 29 Nov 2018 15:16

If you want to know more about arcticle 13 check the links below
---> Official European Parliament Document
---> Wikipedia Explanation
---> savetheinternet.info

IF YOU WANT TO SIGN THE PETITION: https://www.change.org/p/european-parl ... e-internet

#Savetheinternet #Savetheinternet #Savetheinternet

erkinalp

#225 Post by erkinalp » 08 Dec 2018 17:37

SCS should reconstitute itself in Svalbard, where there are zero taxes.

SiSL
SCS Software

#226 Post by SiSL » 08 Dec 2018 17:43

Erkin, that's exactly like "who cares about censorship, we change DNS and VPN" type of reaction :D
Last edited by Cadde on 26 Dec 2018 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed.

erkinalp

#227 Post by erkinalp » 08 Dec 2018 18:26

Svalbard also has zero internet censorship as its internet is not provided by Norwegian telecoms rather by the governorate.
Also least possibility of copyright problems due to no-taxes jurisdiction.

SiSL
SCS Software

#228 Post by SiSL » 08 Dec 2018 18:53

Running away or finding "shortcut" walkthroughs are not real solutions...

ArikTheBuilder

#229 Post by ArikTheBuilder » 14 Dec 2018 09:00

Guys just for case, lets open a black market of mods :lol: ;) :D
Developing France, Denmark and bits of Belgium in EuRoadNet. 🇫🇷🇩🇰🇧🇪
Translating ETS2 and ATS into Hebrew. 🇮🇱
And stuff

Mohegan13
Beta tester

#230 Post by Mohegan13 » 14 Dec 2018 09:11

Mods will always exist so long as games allow it. No EU laws about hosting will change that.

However some games may disable mods entirely, to make sure there is no fallback on the devs. SCS have already told us they will likely take that stance, so a black market for mods is not going to be a solution if the game doesn't support mods at all. ;)
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

Return to “General discussion about the game”