Hi-End Configuration Optimization

j_d_k

Re: Hi-End Configuration Optimization

#651 Post by j_d_k » 27 Sep 2020 15:30

supersobes wrote: 25 Sep 2020 13:41 @BenganJ Thanks for your reply. That's unfortunate that there's no solution for this yet. The thing that I find really odd is that this particular issue appears to be much less prominent in ATS, even though it should be the same under the hood as ETS2 is. From what I've seen, not everyone who plays this game has such an issue, but it does seem that a fair amount of players do observe it. I really wonder what the cause could be. Like you, I've observed increased reproducibility of the problem when approaching things such as large intersection prefabs and cities and towns. I don't know if it might have something to do with texture size or polygon count, but I've also noticed that the problem is particularly bad in some of the higher detailed trucks such as the Scania S and the Renault T. I don't run any mods either, so I can just imagine what it's like for people with highly detailed mods.
It seems like with all of the game updates, the developers have made some changes to the code that we haven't been made aware of. I'm noticing much more of this issue than before. Game saves used to be a problem but that stopped some time ago. Now these millisecond pauses have become much more prevalent. @Max may have an answer. We are anxiously waiting with interest.
supersobes
Global moderator

#652 Post by supersobes » 28 Sep 2020 03:21

So I just tried what was suggested with NVIDIA Control Panel, and it causes some problems for me. It makes the graphics look blurry and out-of-focus. I tried the DSR resolution settings that @BenganJ mentioned in his NPI setup guide, but doing so seemed to make the problem even worse. Is there a way I can make everything sharp and focused like it was before while still using NPI?

EDIT: I set my scaling back to 300 percent, and it solved the problem; everything was focused and sharp again. Despite the fact that everyone says it won't work unless scaling is set to 100 percent, everything seems to work just fine with 300 percent scaling. Even the NVIDIA Profile Inspector anti aliasing works with 300 percent scaling.
BenganJ

#653 Post by BenganJ » 28 Sep 2020 09:22

@supersobes

If you're using the AA scheme with MSAA+SGSSAA it will blur the graphics, has always been that way.
In the present scheme where we can't use ReShade, you can try NCP, it has a Image Sharpening in
3D-settings OR you can use Nvidia Freestyle from within the game if you enable Game Overlay in
Geforce Experience.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@3.60GHz
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
[ external image ]
supersobes
Global moderator

#654 Post by supersobes » 28 Sep 2020 13:39

@BenganJ I don't think I have it setup that way, but I'm not sure. Did I do something wrong?

[ external image ]
BenganJ

#655 Post by BenganJ » 28 Sep 2020 13:53

@supersobes

First of all, get the original NPI, the one you have is a fork of the original.
Link: https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfil ... /releases/
Second, I said NCP, Nvidia Control Panel, to get Image Sharpening. Here's
an image showing it, in Swedish though, but I think you'll get it!
[ external image ]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@3.60GHz
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#656 Post by plykkegaard » 28 Sep 2020 14:04

DSR causes blur on road textures worst for gravel roads (game version 1.38)
100% in game resolution and extensive DSR is the worst
With 200% ingame scaling and reduced DSR is tolerable

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
supersobes
Global moderator

#657 Post by supersobes » 28 Sep 2020 14:36

@BenganJ I just tried that image sharpening option, and it works alright, but it still doesn't do exactly what I was looking for. It makes thing look a lot darker, and it still isn't as clear as the in-game scaling option is.

@plykkegaard You're right! I set the DSR factor to 1.20x (native resolution) and the in-game scaling to 200 percent, and it looks just fine. I still don't quite understand why the anti aliasing works for me even though it's not supposed to work when scaling is set to anything other than 100 percent.
TheTiger

#658 Post by TheTiger » 03 Oct 2020 00:22

supersobes wrote: 25 Sep 2020 13:41 @BenganJ Thanks for your reply. That's unfortunate that there's no solution for this yet. The thing that I find really odd is that this particular issue appears to be much less prominent in ATS, even though it should be the same under the hood as ETS2 is. From what I've seen, not everyone who plays this game has such an issue, but it does seem that a fair amount of players do observe it. I really wonder what the cause could be. Like you, I've observed increased reproducibility of the problem when approaching things such as large intersection prefabs and cities and towns. I don't know if it might have something to do with texture size or polygon count, but I've also noticed that the problem is particularly bad in some of the higher detailed trucks such as the Scania S and the Renault T. I don't run any mods either, so I can just imagine what it's like for people with highly detailed mods.
Everyone have this problem but not everyone get bothered by this problem and this way they don't care at all. But for me, that's a problem since the begining of the game. Same as you, I couldn't find a solution that might cause this problem but a explanation as you described.
I think the mono-core usage shpuld be also a factor. Moslty, when I play this game, only one core stays at 85%+ and have some 1 sec drops, maybe that's the problem? :-?

I don't think @max has a explanation for this, also...
cisse75

#659 Post by cisse75 » 15 Jan 2021 10:34

Hello, I wonder how we do this while playing oculus vr?
fedeg_1

#660 Post by fedeg_1 » 27 Jun 2021 15:09

Good Morning. I just see this post. Does this configuration still apply in 2021? I have an AMD FX8350 / 16GB RAM / R9 380 Nitro 4GB. Can it be useful to me?
RYZEN R7 7700X | 32GB DDR5 | RTX 3070TI 8GB | LOGITECH G923 TRUEFORCE + EATON FULLER SHIFTER

Return to “General discussion about the game”