Hi-End Configuration Optimization

cip

Re: Hi-End Configuration Optimization

#641 Post by cip » 25 Sep 2020 14:53

@supersobes I don't remember how performant is your PC but as you have 64 GB of RAM it must be a good one! I have absolutely no issues with the settings that I posted here you can crosscheck and test different combinations
I don;t remember what screen you have, but for 1080p I always play with 400% scaling but to compensate my huge workload from mods I successfully play with capped 40 FPS and medium graphic settings, inclusively the texture. as you describe the issue, reducing textures to medium could help because at 400% scaling the quality is still great
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
supersobes
Global moderator

#642 Post by supersobes » 25 Sep 2020 15:25

@cip Thanks for the additional information! I'll definitely take a look at those settings again. I've tried playing around with my in-game graphics settings and my NVIDIA drivers, but to no avail. I do notice that a lot of you are using NVIDIA Profile Inspector such as the example that you just provided. I've never used it, but I've been curious about it lately. Is it useful for potentially fixing performance issues such as this, or is it simply a way to tune the looks of the graphics? Looking at some other sources that show how to setup NVIDIA Profile Inspector for ETS2/ATS, it seems to be very complex, so I'm really not sure if it's something I should try.
BenganJ

#643 Post by BenganJ » 25 Sep 2020 15:35

@supersobes

Have a look at the following link, where you have a lot of info about it,
even combined with general graphics and performance settings. You
actually only have to do the first part, Step 1 - 3 and then check if it's
something for you. Then if satisfied, you can delve into all the other
possible settings.

https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.p ... 049#p13049
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@3.60GHz
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
[ external image ]
cip

#644 Post by cip » 25 Sep 2020 19:36

@supersobes let me clarify one simple thing, I only use Nvidia inspector to get additional settings that are not available in the Nvidia control panel but not for AA. one of these settings is the 1/3 option of Vsync which gives me the capped 40 FPS. you can easily obtain these settings in the control panel as well so no really need to Nvidia Inspector.
all my respect for BenganJ and his discoveries on the NI's AA but this is a completely different setup
I have quit SCS forum...
BenganJ

#645 Post by BenganJ » 25 Sep 2020 19:40

Yes, we should all choose what we ourselves feel is the best!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ external image ]
supersobes
Global moderator

#646 Post by supersobes » 26 Sep 2020 02:45

cip wrote: 25 Sep 2020 14:53 as you describe the issue, reducing textures to medium could help because at 400% scaling the quality is still great
I run 300% scaling, and I turned the texture quality down to low. As you say, it made virtually no difference in the way the game looked. Some objects in the distance were a bit pixelated, but that doesn't really matter to me. However, this made no difference in performance for me either.

I may try NVIDIA Profile Inspector because from what you say, it looks like has some more V-Sync options. From what I experimented with before, changing the V-Sync does definitely drastically change the performance on my setup, for better and for worse. I couldn't quite find a setting that really worked well for me with the NVIDA drivers and the SCS settings, so it may be worthwhile to have a look and see what NVIDIA Profile Inspector can do.

However, I do want to know something from people who have used it before I try it: How easy is it to completely remove NVIDIA Profile Inspector from your computer? One of the things I look at before I install a program is how it can be removed from the computer in the event that is causes problems or doesn't work very well. Even if you've tampered with your NVIDA profile settings with it, can it safely be removed from your computer, leaving no traces that it was ever there?
BenganJ

#647 Post by BenganJ » 26 Sep 2020 08:13

@supersobes

Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI) needs NO installation, just unzip somewhere proper.
If you want to use the AA scheme you make changes to NPI and config.cfg plus you
drop a multimon_config.sii file in the same folder as config.cfg. To remove the whole
thing, just reset the settings you made in config.cfg or restore one you made as backup
before testing. Drop that multimon file and delete the unzip'ed NPI. A VERY low intrusion
factor. And as I said earlier, start with ONLY Step 1 - 3, then test it in game to see if you
like it. If yes, there are more settings to enhance the graphics and performance or you
go back!
[ external image ]
Reinhard

#648 Post by Reinhard » 26 Sep 2020 09:03

Plus, the NPI has a button to restore the Nvidia defaults, if you really want to get rid of all the applied changes. So you are save.

If you decide to keep NPI, make it a habit to export your settings to a file. Because every future graphics driver update will purge your changes, and you don't want to reapply these values manually. Import/reapply is a matter of seconds.
cip

#649 Post by cip » 26 Sep 2020 09:14

supersobes wrote: 26 Sep 2020 02:45 I run 300% scaling, and I turned the texture quality down to low
I believe scaling 300% is the worse you can choose, either 400%, either 200% or if you go for the full external AA of the Nvidia inspector you need 100% scaling. I think 400% with medium texture will be just fine, vsync set in GPU, deactivated in game.
for the rest of the questions you have received your replies, I can complete the list by saying that you can always save a nip (that will gather your settings) and no need to remove the exe if you want to go back to Nvidia's control panel. it is enough to save one modification into control panel and your GPU settings will fully switch to the control panel. if you want to return to Nvivia inspector it is enough to reapply the nip that you saved
I have quit SCS forum...
Razor12999

#650 Post by Razor12999 » 26 Sep 2020 12:21

Hello everyone! I have Amd rx 570, Amd ryzen 5 1600 and 16gb ram Can anyone provide me settings that I can safely use? Thanks!

Return to “General discussion about the game”