Poll: Which area should SCS rebuild after Germany?

Which area should SCS rebuild after Germany?

The Netherlands
2%
Belgium
0%
Luxembourg
0%
Complete Northern France
2%
The UK (Including England, Wales, and Scotland, excluding Northern Ireland)
42%
Switzerland
3%
Austria
9%
Czech Republic
3%
Western Poland (Eastern Poland is part of the "Going East!" map DLC.)
8%
Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg together in the same update (Benelux)
29%

Total votes: 528

TomDooley

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS rebuild after Germany?

#121 Post by TomDooley » 07 Feb 2021 07:59

Well I know that the "Germany Rework" comes to an end, and maybe I'm complaining too much, but I still want to state that the "Autobahn" system, despite it's improvement, is still a major disappointment. Major traffic transit arteries still cut off at random points (E.g. on A3, A4, A5, A7), making many routes ridiculous. You could go IRL from the Danish border down to the Spanish border without even once leaving the motorway... past Hamburg-Hannover-Frankfurt-Mannheim and down the A5 to cross the French border near Mulhouse, further via Besancon-Lyon...down to Orange, passing Nimes, Montpellier, until you leave for Spain South of Perpignan. Or, large parts of A7 are just AWOL, makes a trip Hamburg-Munich impossible without a large detour.
I know Germany has a lot of motorways, but at least the big ones used for transit (the single-digit ones with a few two-digit ones) should have been there. Well, maybe in the 2030's there will be an ETS3 with those...
krmarci

#122 Post by krmarci » 07 Feb 2021 09:50

TomDooley wrote: 07 Feb 2021 07:59 [...] Or, large parts of A7 are just AWOL, makes a trip Hamburg-Munich impossible without a large detour.
[...]
The A7 is completed to Munich in the 1.40 update.
IvanKuz

#123 Post by IvanKuz » 07 Feb 2021 10:41

@TomDooley I can see where some of your criticisms are coming from, but I don't understand what are you talking about in regards to A7 either. It now runs the whole way from the Danish border to near Munich, and only stops a little short of the Austrian border.
Bobble2020

#124 Post by Bobble2020 » 07 Feb 2021 12:29

For me it would be the UK simply because of how wrong the roads are laid out .

they need a complete rebuild and all the errors put right .
TomDooley

#125 Post by TomDooley » 07 Feb 2021 12:56

@Ivan -You are right about the A7... mostly. Southernmost end to the border is still awol. A5 also lacks the Southernmost kilometers from about Karlsruhe (where A5 and A8 meet) including the lik into France (which is a smaller highway here...), A3 missing between Frankfurt and Cologne (Belgian and Dutch truckers would hate if it wasn''t there ;) ).
I could also offer Hamburg and Frankfurt who miss links to other motorways (that was better before that "up"date) - Hamburg is only connected to A1 now, not also to A7 (big harbour here...) as before, Frankfurt via 661 to A3 (A5 has more exits), Brussels has a similar problem... so I still think, despite the bling, there's a lot missing here.
IvanKuz

#126 Post by IvanKuz » 07 Feb 2021 13:59

So what's the large detour between Hamburg and Munchen then?

I agree that it is sad that there are these missing chunks of A3 and A5, but they have always been missing, just like many other roads in many other countries in the game. At least the pre-existing autobahns look much better now, which apparently was the primary purpose of the rework. That we got A7 is just an added bonus.

As for missing Hamburg and Frankfurt exists, this is the price of making cities more realistic in the 1:19 scale. There is like 10 km of urban area between A5 and the in-game part of Frankfurt, so of course there can't be a realistic connection. It's the same with many cities, e.g. everyone wants to connect the Helsinki ferry port to the east, or Timişoara to Reșița, but there is simply no way to cram so many kilometers in the available space.
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#127 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 07 Feb 2021 16:35

They should rebuild Benelux First And then UK
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
Some newbie driver

#128 Post by Some newbie driver » 07 Feb 2021 21:38

IvanKuz wrote: 07 Feb 2021 13:59everyone wants to connect the Helsinki ferry port to the east, or Timişoara to Reșița, but there is simply no way to cram so many kilometers in the available space.
I suppose you mean to not to have to go all around the Keha Ring III to reach the other side of Helsinki from their ferry port.

There's several cities that show a similar basic layout, design decision. I think that, in some cases, it's not just a question of free space to be able to do the direct link. I think it's made on purpose to make the city feel a lor bigger than the reduced scale allows them to depict. By forcing us to do big detours and take a long time to get out of a city or go from a point to another of them,. we end having the sensation that the city is bigger than what happened with the conventional old design of a few streets of a industrial zone forming a mesh. Marseille for example, it requires a lot of time to get out the city, specially from the ferry.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the lack of space and the IRL layout of the city doesn't force some of those designs. But it had been time that gave me that impression of something made on purpose or at least that they leverage the opportunity.

Regards
SageTDS

#129 Post by SageTDS » 10 Feb 2021 16:10

I think it would be cool if Going East got merged into the base game. It's been out for seven years now and the map quality is increasingly equivalent to the base map as more DLCs are released.
HRTrucking

#130 Post by HRTrucking » 10 Feb 2021 17:24

@TomDooley I would've loved it if the A3 didn't exist at all. Don't like the part from Köln to Frankfurt. If I can I take the A61 and at Koblenz to the A3 or I just drive to Hockenheim and then the A6.

Part from Frankfurt towards the east has gotten a lot better over the years, used to be worser then the first bit.

Oh I'm Dutch truck driver. Been on the A3 from Frankfurt to Würzburg today :lol: .

Return to “General discussion about the game”