Poll: Which area should SCS rebuild after Germany?

Which area should SCS rebuild after Germany?

The Netherlands
2%
Belgium
0%
Luxembourg
0%
Complete Northern France
2%
The UK (Including England, Wales, and Scotland, excluding Northern Ireland)
42%
Switzerland
3%
Austria
9%
Czech Republic
3%
Western Poland (Eastern Poland is part of the "Going East!" map DLC.)
8%
Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg together in the same update (Benelux)
29%

Total votes: 528

supersobes
Global moderator

Poll: Which area should SCS rebuild after Germany?

#1 Post by supersobes » 24 Oct 2018 20:47

SCS is currently rebuilding Germany in the base map to improve its quality and realism. They are implementing these improvements in stages over several game updates, and update 1.32 was stage one. SCS said that they plan to rebuild all of the base map in ETS2, then they will start on improving some of the older map DLCs such as the "Going East!" map expansion DLC. This poll is about what areas you would like to see rebuilt next. In this poll you may select one option, and you may change your answer. The option "Complete Northern France" refers to the fact that when Viva la France released in 2016, SCS only rebuilt Paris and updated the road textures on the highways in the base map area of France. However, they did not change anything about the other cites in Northern France at all such as Calais, Lyon, Dijon, Metz, Strasbourg, and Lille except for some minor junction improvements on nearby highways.

My thoughts:

I am a bit torn between the three options of "Luxembourg," "The UK," and "Complete Northern France." I like the Luxembourg option because it is small and it borders Germany, so the rebuilt areas will flow into each other. However, I also think that the UK should be next because it is another very old area of the base map like Germany is. The UK is also isolated from the rest of Europe, and it has a ferry connection to the Vive la France DLC, so it wouldn't require driving through the old parts of the map to get to it from the DLC areas in France and Italy. Completing the other cities in Northern France would also be a good option because it connects to the Vive la France DLC, which is my favourite DLC, and I often find myself driving in that area, but I often have to avoid Northern France because I'm not a fan of the old areas of the map. When I take loads from Paris to Italy, I often have to reroute around Lyon because the main highways through that area go right through downtown Lyon, which hasn't been rebuilt or improved yet. In the end, I voted for "Complete Northern France" because of how I often I drive in the DLC areas of France.
Last edited by supersobes on 24 Oct 2018 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
parasaurolophus67

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS rebuild after Germany?

#2 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 24 Oct 2018 20:49

Uk. Why? because why not.
BK Vissers

#3 Post by BK Vissers » 24 Oct 2018 20:50

I need a better Netherlands. NEED. :lol:
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 Oct 2018 20:52

you mean the east part of France, the northern part only existed up to Paris, but almost the whole east part of France was in the base game

i choose the Netherlands, but only because Benelux isnt a choice (Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg are so small you could group them together :lol: )
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
arthurcfbr

#5 Post by arthurcfbr » 24 Oct 2018 21:52

I agree with @CARL1992. I only choose Netherlands because there isn't an option for Benelux.
My Twtich Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/boriscec_acf (Lives in Portuguese, but I do speak english)
supersobes
Global moderator

#6 Post by supersobes » 24 Oct 2018 21:59

I added a new option for Benelux. ;) Adding the new option reset the poll, so any votes that have previously been cast have been erased. Sorry about that for those who have already voted.
WoollyPantofles

#7 Post by WoollyPantofles » 25 Oct 2018 00:17

I voted the Czech Republic because SCS gotta give some more love to the motherland lol! I personally never go to the UK (driving on the other side completely messes with my head) but it seems like plenty of people would want that instead!
marcel-dutch

#8 Post by marcel-dutch » 25 Oct 2018 03:50

The Netherlands offcourse! :lol:
6th Army Academy

#9 Post by 6th Army Academy » 25 Oct 2018 05:00

Am I the only person who wants base part of France and Italy reworked with French and Italian companies in the cities?
Games Played:18WoSC,Bus Driver,18WOS:ET2,ETS,GTS,ETS2 and ATS
Never forget 8964
johnporter29

#10 Post by johnporter29 » 25 Oct 2018 08:30

To me, it doesn't matter which, they'll all get updated in time. Just enjoy the updates as they come and continue truckin'
johnporter29
Owner/Player of Euro Truck Simulator 2 & it's American brother!
PC: i9 9900K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070, 1TB M.2 (NVMe) SSD, 512GB SSD, Seagate 2TB, MSI 34" Curved 100MHz 1440p Monitor

Return to “General discussion about the game”