There's a number of people who repeatedly asked for some form of early access to the new "base game" content - simply put to let them in the open beta before the open beta. So we decided to give it a try. "Experimental Beta" means that the content and functions are not yet in the OB status. That's also the reason we're letting you know here, on our forum - where's generally our most enthusiastic community - and not anywhere else. You might tell whoever you want, there's absolutely no need to keep it secret - but it needs to be emphasized, that risk of bugs is much higher than in usual OB. This is for hardcore fans, modders, etc. - probably not good for a casual player.
There's not as much of a risk, as virtual certainty, that you'll meet bugs, kinks and instability - so think twice before you get in this Experimental Beta. Also, it's highly advised to use a completely new profile without ANY MODS. The decision is yours - but we'll be grateful for your opinions, bug reports and general feedback.
If you wish to participate in the Experimental beta, you can find this version in the experimental_beta branch on Steam. The way to access it is as follows: Steam client → LIBRARY → right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 → Properties → Betas tab → experimental_beta - 1.33 experimental beta. No password required.
Feel free to share this info - but please, share it in it's entirety - so everyone knows what's this about...
And remember to post your bug reports the to proper section, please. General feedback may be posted here ...
- Double flatbed trailers (Scandinavia DLC required)
- Buyable container and brick trailers (flatbed variants) and cargo market
- Steam cloud based profiles
- Reusable truck and trailer configuration templates
- Physics improvements (suspension, damping, braking, cogs)
- Rain drops behavior on glass improved
- Music shuffling
- Country and city name localization settings
- g_disable_beacons (for people that have issue with blinking lights, 0/1/2)
- Krone Boxliner ownable (Krone DLC required)
- ...and some other stuff we won't disclose yet...