ETS2 teasers - consult your doctor before entering

johnny_91

Re: ETS2 teasers - consult your doctor before entering

#7141 Post by johnny_91 » 26 Apr 2020 10:14

DLC here, DLC there, oh wait homeoffice.

Would love to see something about better antialiasing and about the new weather/lightningsystem and graphics, wich was talked about months to release in 1.38. Even the smallest teaser or something new mentioned, would be good. :roll:
xXCARL1992Xx

#7142 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Apr 2020 10:16

they are still working on 1.37 and you want to see what almost final 1.38 looks like, are you joking?

atm the most concern is for them to stay healthy and not what the future brings for us :roll:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
johnny_91

#7143 Post by johnny_91 » 26 Apr 2020 12:35

Nothing wrong with it, of course. Sorry if i was a bit to harsh.

For me it looks like they focus too much on the DLC thing, on their blog. Yeah its good for us, when the map is evolving and improving. But i also want to read about new possible features, like drivingtime regulations, dirt on trucks, changing seasons, multiple drop- and loadingpoints, and what about this bdm thing they mentioned about two??!!! years ago and the new updated interior for the MAN TGX E6, wich they wanted to release by the end of 2019 ?? - nothing, all you can find is DLC, DLC and in between times some post about their office, or something like that.

Dont get me wrong, as i love ETS2 since it was released in 2012, but for me personally it goes in the wrong direction in the past. Sure they have switched to dx11 at 1.36 update and have to carefully roll out things now, but i really like to see more posts on their blog, about what they are working on beside the DLC`s and what they are planning for the nearer future.

By the way, steam tells me, that my playtime on ETS2 is 2,032 hours and i think about again thousand untracked. Warcraft players gonna hate this. :lol:

[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#7144 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Apr 2020 12:45

with what do you think they make their money ? ofc they promot their DLCs because they are income, like every LDC, be it map, trailer or special features like Special Transport

they do 3 updates a year, and every update gets their fair share of blog posts, why should they post about stuff we wont get with the next update ?

also, yes they posted about BDFs, this was a "food for thoughts" post, they never said they where actively working on this, 2nd, they NEVER said the TGX E6 EL3 package will come in 2019/end of 2019/beginning 2020, they said it will come with an update to the game, thats it

and the way SCS doesnt mention everything is the best they could do, so they cant disappoint people when something doesnt come, or wont make it for XX update, the BDF blog post is the perfect example, they said nothing but people demanded, if they wouldnt have said anything people wouldnt spam nonsense posts about BDFs in hope it will get to us faster (the last part is not directed at you but a certain user who has only BDF/tandem in his vocabulary)

thats why i will never want a roadmap from SCS, i want to be surprised what they bring us, especially stuff they are 100% sure will come and not is planed but wont make it for whatever reason (also makes the waiting time much more bearable if you dont know what is coming)
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Marcello Julio

#7145 Post by Marcello Julio » 26 Apr 2020 12:48

johnny_91 wrote: 26 Apr 2020 12:35 and the new updated interior for the MAN TGX E6, wich they wanted to release by the end of 2019 ??
They never promised that the MAN TGX Euro EL3 would arrive at the end of 2019. They said it would arrive in an update in the future, only that was said.
dkasper00

#7146 Post by dkasper00 » 26 Apr 2020 21:56

The EL3 will just be like the Daf XF E6
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
jdwarfer

#7147 Post by jdwarfer » 28 Apr 2020 08:06

Do you guys think being able to walk around our truck and trailer will be available outside of garage someday?

I don't really get why we can do that in the garage because it's kinda useless for now but with some more interactions applied to it, it would be amazing overall. Like attaching trailers ourselves and such.
It's like the openable windows, it's not much at first but it's the kind of details that make this game special. Also it brought the FMOD, which is a great improvement of course.
Regarding ETS2 when it first came out, it's amazing how it evolved.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#7148 Post by Mohegan13 » 28 Apr 2020 08:18

Speak for yourself. I find the garage walk about extremely useful.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
jackalnxt

#7149 Post by jackalnxt » 28 Apr 2020 08:23

I don't think we should ever get complete freedom of movement. It's not really a Trucking Simulator if you can get out of your truck and walk from Aberdeen to Istanbul on foot.

What I CAN see is the possibility of limited leaving. For example, the player being able to walk around rest areas or scenic vistas. That would be both realistic and nice.
TINO

#7150 Post by TINO » 28 Apr 2020 08:25

I wished for a better fly camera in garage, to zoom in a lot on any place. But I never tried to use the devcam while configuring my truck/trailer, does it work?

It would be nice to only walk around certain prefabs, not on the streets. So companies, gas stations, rest stops, employment offices, service stations...

Return to “General discussion about the game”