Road to the Black Sea Discussion

sachy

Re: Road to the Black Sea Discussion

#2101 Post by sachy » 10 Dec 2020 19:27

FlyingPigeon wrote:
10 Dec 2020 17:33
But then a trucking simulation is not for you.
Well, it is truck, not highway simulator. And trucks, as opposed to trains, can pick their way to go. Sometimes highway, sometimes countryside...

FlyingPigeon

#2102 Post by FlyingPigeon » 10 Dec 2020 19:38

its a trucking simulator simulating the job of a long-distance trucker, and we dont go down scenic touristy sites but on highways and and larger B-roads 95% of the time, this is also what this simulation has aimed for mostly during its lifespan, and i if you find that boring, then this is not a simulation for you!
Scandinavian truckdriver.

mackintosh

#2103 Post by mackintosh » 10 Dec 2020 19:42

Yeah, pretty much this. I have to admit I'm not liking ETS2 slowly turning into European Driving Simulator, not liking this at all.

FlyingPigeon

#2104 Post by FlyingPigeon » 10 Dec 2020 19:44

Iberia will tell if this is the direction they are going or RttBS was only a testing to see how the community reacted.

Some newbie driver

#2105 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Dec 2020 19:53

The changes that could be have nothing about people reaction by the same measure the map they are doing isn't anymore aimed ONLY to a truck game. The map is their main asset, the part of the game where they had put way more effort, resources and time and the one that can differentiate them from any competence. And to have that map being used only for a truck game is an absolutely waste. They will use it for sure for other purposes; it has been a few years that it's clear the map is filled with lots of things that were completely unnecessary for the ETS2 focus.

So, like it or not, see it or not; that's what will happen in a not so far future.

FlyingPigeon

#2106 Post by FlyingPigeon » 10 Dec 2020 20:20

Well SCS cant complain then When more and more trucking fans are not paying the money they Want In the end, imo it’s a bad decision to take a game With a clear aim and then divert that aim for something that is not even announced to arrive. That is just the good Old Jack of all trades, master of none. SCS if they gave their 100% into making a trucking simulation they would end up With a much better product than the limbo State it’s in now.

Some newbie driver

#2107 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Dec 2020 20:57

More than 2 million copies can't be sold to purist of the trucking simulation. If you expect yourself, or most of the ones who are here in the forums, to be the average player of the game... you will be surprised.
Last edited by Some newbie driver on 10 Dec 2020 21:29, edited 1 time in total.

Chay

#2108 Post by Chay » 10 Dec 2020 21:19

I personally don't mind the local roads of RttBS. Sure, they should've added some more important routs, but driving all the time on highways is/can be boring. Local road challenge is welcome IRL and in game. That being said what annoys me the most ATM is the fact that 99% of roads in ETS 2 are FLAT surfaces. No small potholes and unevenness. So no frequent truck cabin or seat camera movement, like in real life.

That and very unrealistically wide country roads. Yeah they cater with this to people with keyboards (and bad AI pathfinding), which is a mistake IMO as this game is called SIMULATOR for a reason.

Some newbie driver

#2109 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Dec 2020 21:34

Holes in the road aren't there by keyboard users (for those ones what game has is wider roads than IRL average) neither AI traffic (they use a very simplified and unrealistic physics, they could perfectly ignore tarmac unevenness). They aren't there because they had not the time, resources and/or priorities in the "to-do list" to had made it before. Plain and simple.

Chay

#2110 Post by Chay » 10 Dec 2020 21:59

Scs has their priorities and thats fine. Working on something that would have a huge immersive factor, should be made a priority, then.

We already have seat cam movement. I play with full wheelset and headtrack and I can say that game plays and feels realistic (especially on warp 0.85), but it really needs the uneven roads for seat cam movement and further RL feel.

As a former real life truck driver, I really miss that seat movement.. was the coolest driving feature for me.

Btw I was refering to keyboard users with too wide local roads remark.

Return to “General discussion about the game”