Road to the Black Sea Discussion

CarbonGTGaming

Re: Road to the Black Sea Discussion

#2161 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 27 Sep 2021 13:12

My favourite City in this DLC has to be Istanbul cos its Huge according to scs and it also shares with Europe and Asia the motorway from the border to Istanbul is my favourite route aswell
oldmanclippy

#2162 Post by oldmanclippy » 27 Sep 2021 14:06

CarbonGTGaming wrote: 27 Sep 2021 13:12 My favourite City in this DLC has to be Istanbul cos its Huge according to scs and it also shares with Europe and Asia the motorway from the border to Istanbul is my favourite route aswell
I am hoping for an Anatolian DLC someday to get us to the Asian side of Istanbul. Istanbul will be absolutely massive once that comes. It's already one of the biggest cities in either game.
jackalnxt wrote: 27 Sep 2021 06:16 @oldmanclippy Ruse is indeed one of the best cities. The best part is the Western Industrial Zone. I literally take that road to work every morning and can point out every individual building - Blue building with swings is the Nova Linia sowing factory, the buildings that are surrounded by pines is all the Orgahim plant. The blue railings on the bridge are a nice nostalgic throwback, since they replaced IRL last year. The biggest disappointment is that they chose to map out the neighboring company and not us (the one opposite the garage) :lol:

There was also a fair amount of creative mapping which is why it looks bigger than the scale would suggest. That small bridge that leads to the shipbuilding facility is right next to the blue railings bridge IRL for example. The road towards Varna is the most abridged part, though connecting the main road to the train station bridge was a clever decision.

Western exit is perfect. The tall building, the car dealership, the super store, it's all flawless. Eastern Industrial zone (left turn on roundabout at Romanian border) was a bit of a bummer though since they used the outdated version of it. It's especially a bummer for the mapper because the newer version would've been much easier to map :D
That's cool that you're able to recognize so many buildings in the game. It sounds like Ruse is emblematic of RttBS in general: parts of it are exceptionally well done (some of the best in either game), while other parts had a bit of creative mapping due to weird decisions made which leaves us scratching our heads.

RttBS in general is such a tricky DLC for me to judge. On one hand it has some of the most interesting roads to drive on, with the most direct access to city centers, and some of the best natural scenery. On the other hand it can be a pain due to missing roads, wonky road layouts (most of which are no fault to SCS, just how it is IRL), and weird design decisions. It has some of the highest highs and some of the lowest lows of any SCS DLC so far in my opinion. It is paradoxically both my favorite and least favorite part of ETS2. It feels so fundamentally different to drive there from the rest of Europe that it might as well be a different game. Maybe that's how it feels in real life too.

If the Western Balkans can capture the beauty and uniqueness of those countries in the same way as RttBS without all the wonkyness, then it'll be a massive success.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
CarbonGTGaming

#2163 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 27 Sep 2021 14:12

Well scs said in the blog about new roads in Iberia they said they might add more roads and small towns to other DLCs which sounds good
oldmanclippy

#2164 Post by oldmanclippy » 27 Sep 2021 14:30

@CarbonGTGaming That's my hope as well. After the unconfirmed, potential Pyrenees crossing is maybe added to Iberia, then I hope they send the newbies to Road to the Black Sea. It's the only DLC that has desperate need for roads here and there. Others who know more about the area have made suggestions earlier in the thread. I think connecting Brasov and Galati should be a priority. That opens up the southeast part of Romania to the northwest and increases access to Brasov, a great city. I'd like to see them get creative and find a way to make Cluj-Napoca less of a chore to access by giving it two ways to enter/exit. That may be difficult due to the scale but I think they can pull it off. There are other roads they can add that would make getting around easier as well. The important thing is there is lots of potential for RttBS to get more roads. Let's hope SCS agrees.
CarbonGTGaming

#2165 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 27 Sep 2021 14:34

Same here I put a feature to added in the wishlist and suggestions to add 3 new towns or cities to Norway 🇳🇴 in Scandinavia DLC because no lie Scandinavia DLC is my favourite but am disappointed that they only added 4 cities to Norway while Sweden has more then 4 but I hope more roads and towns with be added to Road To the Black Sea DLC also
pigbrother

#2166 Post by pigbrother » 27 Sep 2021 14:45

oldmanclippy wrote: 27 Sep 2021 14:30 I think connecting Brasov and Galati should be a priority. That opens up the southeast part of Romania to the northwest and increases access to Brasov.
That road, while scenic, is a piece of crap. Traffic goes south from Brașov to Ploiești, then heads east to Buzău then Galați. Brașov - Bucharest, Buzău (scenic) - Bacău and Sibiu - Pitești are a must, I have no idea what the map planner thought about back then. Sadly, i have no idea how they are going to fit Sibiu - Pitești and Brașov - Bucharest because the useless Rucăr - Bran connection is in their close proximity.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Nads

#2167 Post by Nads » 27 Sep 2021 14:56

jackalnxt wrote: 26 Sep 2021 19:27
Look at the details on that thing! Even the faces and uniform pockets! :o Someone worked really hard to build this, yet it is hidden away, barely visible from only one side exit to the city. :(
It's SCS! artists and devs work soo hard on something, then when it's the end of the day and everyone is about to leave, they just rush everything, to start working on something else, the next day!

Well, It's just a joke! :)
oldmanclippy

#2168 Post by oldmanclippy » 27 Sep 2021 15:39

pigbrother wrote: 27 Sep 2021 14:45 That road, while scenic, is a piece of crap. Traffic goes south from Brașov to Ploiești, then heads east to Buzău then Galați. Brașov - Bucharest, Buzău (scenic) - Bacău and Sibiu - Pitești are a must, I have no idea what the map planner thought about back then. Sadly, i have no idea how they are going to fit Sibiu - Pitești and Brașov - Bucharest because the useless Rucăr - Bran connection is in their close proximity.
Oh yeah I didn't mean a direct connection between Brașov and Galați, just a better one than what we have now. Buzău - Bacău would help address that concern.
CarbonGTGaming wrote: 27 Sep 2021 14:34 Same here I put a feature to added in the wishlist and suggestions to add 3 new towns or cities to Norway 🇳🇴 in Scandinavia DLC because no lie Scandinavia DLC is my favourite but am disappointed that they only added 4 cities to Norway while Sweden has more then 4 but I hope more roads and towns with be added to Road To the Black Sea DLC also
I doubt we will get more roads added to Scandinavia until a theoretical Northern Scandinavia DLC. It doesn't provide the newbies with any training experience to work on old DLCs where the methods and techniques are so different to the modern DLCs. Norway definitely has the most wow-factor between the underground roundabouts, the fjord roads, etc. Norway with modern SCS mapping techniques would be a sight to behold. Someday hopefully we will get to continue north. ProMods did a great job with it but SCS would do better.
jackalnxt

#2169 Post by jackalnxt » 27 Sep 2021 17:30

Another thing RttBS can expand on is the river ferries. If the map can include the Ruse-Silistra road, then you can have a river ferry between Silistra and Calarashi. Oryahovo (right of Kozloduy) and Bechet can also be another river ferry, with a road to Craiova. It may not be a lot in terms of practical road networks but it can emhpasize one of the DLC's unique features.
Shiva

#2170 Post by Shiva » 28 Sep 2021 10:26

pigbrother wrote: 27 Sep 2021 14:45 That road, while scenic, is a piece of crap. Traffic goes south from Brașov to Ploiești, then heads east to Buzău then Galați. Brașov - Bucharest, Buzău (scenic) - Bacău and Sibiu - Pitești are a must, I have no idea what the map planner thought about back then. Sadly, i have no idea how they are going to fit Sibiu - Pitești and Brașov - Bucharest because the useless Rucăr - Bran connection is in their close proximity.
Sibiu to Pitești, that is possible!
Sibiu to Brașov? well, should be possible too.

Brașov to Bucharest, via Ploiești. That might be tricky.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”