Road to the Black Sea Discussion

IvanKuz

Re: Road to the Black Sea Discussion

#2121 Post by IvanKuz » 11 Dec 2020 19:38

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote: 09 Dec 2020 18:57Anyway I actually started working on the Turda - Cluj part of the DN1 couple of weeks ago in the map editor. Space is very very limited, but it is possible with some tweaks. The road connection and prefabs and all that are already in place but the landscaping part is yet to be done, (The biggest problem is that there's a cut-plane between the A3 - DN1 intercharge near where Turda would be and the Airport part of Cluj and I'm not sure how will I adress that) and I'm only working on it in my spare time, but when I'm finished I'll upload it.
Nice work!
Looking at your picture, do you think it would be possible to simply move the whole city to the north? Redo that existing piece of E81/1F so that it twists to the north, and you'll get a lot more space to work with.
Shiva wrote: 11 Dec 2020 18:39 What if instead, one of these two routes between Brașov and Buzău? Yes, I know, it ain't ideal either.
A. Both endpoints ingame.
B. East endpoint ingame, west needs to be added.
krmarci wrote: 11 Dec 2020 19:27I made a quick concept map (original map from the Truck Simulator Wiki). The two roads marked with red are the most needed in my opinion:
I had been trying to add this Brașov - Buzău route on my concept map, but regrettably had to give it up after several hours of not being able to fit it in a realistic and satisfying way. The problem is that trucks can't go through Buzău like in these options. So you have to build this route, and it starts taking up space. Between this on one end and the existing scenery on the other, there is very little space left for a proper mountainous route.
And I think similar problems would exist with Brașov - Bucharest, even if you totally ignore Ploieşti.
Buzău - Bacău, on the other hand, should be easy-peasy IMO. I honestly don't understand why Bacau was reduced to a small dot town, there is space to expand it perpendicularly to the existing road and then connect it to Buzău.
krmarci

#2122 Post by krmarci » 11 Dec 2020 19:47

@IvanKuz maybe this way?

[ external image ]

EDIT: Accidentally undid edit - fixed image
IvanKuz

#2123 Post by IvanKuz » 11 Dec 2020 19:57

Well, you see, now Buzau has taken up over a third of the available space. I'm really not sure about this route. Perhaps an experienced mapper will be able to do it justice, but I'm not counting on it.
pigbrother

#2124 Post by pigbrother » 11 Dec 2020 20:25

krmarci wrote: 11 Dec 2020 19:27 Hunedoara-Brasov is also missing, which is more annoying for me than the other three...
Yeah, that one too. However, Brașov - Buzău is a shit tier road nobody likes to use. And if you made the map your way, it would still be awful because it would look like you made plenty of connections trying to avoid exactly the most important roads. :D
I have approximate knowledge of many things
krmarci

#2125 Post by krmarci » 11 Dec 2020 20:29

You are probably right, but they won't redo the whole map. The best we can hope for is some additional roads their trainees can build.
pigbrother

#2126 Post by pigbrother » 11 Dec 2020 20:33

Yeah, if somebody would have asked me how I think it would be nice, this is what I would choose.

https://i.imgur.com/t266dO5.jpeg

I have removed two roads and leave the stretches for Hunedoara and Bran. But yeah, too late now, I hope at least for Buzău - Brașov, it would be useful for Ukraine DLC.
IvanKuz

#2127 Post by IvanKuz » 11 Dec 2020 20:45

pigbrother wrote: 11 Dec 2020 20:25However, Brașov - Buzău is a shit tier road nobody likes to use.
Oh, thank god. One less missing thing to worry about :lol:
Shiva

#2128 Post by Shiva » 11 Dec 2020 21:00

Bacău, it takes quite the area, tbh. Even tho it is small.
Buzău, ah yeah, I forgot, it is non truck route, already north of that roundabout.
These could be reasons that SCS skipped that route?

krmarci's map above, it is quite close to this IRL. Start and end points are ingame.
A1 and 1D, between Brașov and Urziceni.
SCS forgot to give Urziceni town signs?! I can not find any.

Well, if a Bacău-Buzău route, then either this or this. But there is still the trouble with Buzău.

@pigbrother, those roads I think just look, not so good, if I am nice :)
I think those are just very very fast examples you did. At Brașov, you connected E60 to the wrong road too.
Pitești - Brașov road does not interfere with the others. So no need to remove it.
Same with Hunedoara - Craiova.
Bacău, let it start to east, then turn in towards south and towards Buzău.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
pigbrother

#2129 Post by pigbrother » 11 Dec 2020 21:12

Yes, ofc, they are made in 3 seconds just to show the directions, not to be accurate, lol.

I have removed those two roads to keep it cleaner, draw too many, zoom out and you might end up with a road density not seen anywhere else on the map. However, it doesn't matter now.
Some newbie driver

#2130 Post by Some newbie driver » 11 Dec 2020 21:35

krmarci wrote: 11 Dec 2020 19:27I made a quick concept map (original map from the Truck Simulator Wiki). The two roads marked with red are the most needed in my opinion, the green ones would also be nice but I'm fine without them:
I think the green one in the west don't have so much sense and isn't added to the game because at the other side of the Hungarian border there's already a road going the same direction between Debrecen and Szeged.

About other roads, only over the map (not knowing the interins of the terrain sectors involved); I don't see so much problems on hoping for the westmost red-road of your map or the Brașov-Bucharest option Pigbrother proposes. It's not *so* dense on the map.

Return to “General discussion about the game”