Road to the Black Sea Discussion

Vabis22

Re: Road to the Black Sea Discussion

#2151 Post by Vabis22 » 24 Sep 2021 15:25

I hope one day Scs add some things for Road To The Black Sea Dlc
krmarci

#2152 Post by krmarci » 24 Sep 2021 16:59

oldmanclippy wrote: 23 Sep 2021 22:16 I just started a RttBS-only profile, and something that's driven me absolutely mad since it released is the mislabeling on the world map of the D110 between Kesan and O-3 as D100, when D100 is already labeled correctly in the northern part of European Turkey? Am I missing something, like D100 formerly being a massive loop road and D110 being a recent naming convention or something?

Other than that I really do enjoy Turkey and I think it's one of the best parts of the game in terms of realistic scenery.
Don't worry, I've been waiting for this to be fixed since pre-release.
jackalnxt

#2153 Post by jackalnxt » 24 Sep 2021 17:51

There's also a lot of mispelled names on the Bulgarian side. Some were fixed (like Karnobat) but others haven't since release. And now that we no longer have the crossed out signs, even more mistakes become apparent.

The town of Vetovo was mispelled in English as VOtovo. It's a shame because, even at our workplace, it is not uncommon for people to mispell the name. The poor people of Vetovo can't seem to catch a break :(
oldmanclippy

#2154 Post by oldmanclippy » 24 Sep 2021 19:26

From today's blog:
We always try our best to have some extra capacity to occasionally revisit/reskin some parts of the older in-game worlds, that's something you already know about us. Maybe you'll start seeing more of these extra additions across our released DLCs from time to time as well, who knows.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Some newbie driver

#2155 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Sep 2021 23:02

A little bit of fuel for the hope of some players. Beware you didn't mix it with water. :P
IvanKuz

#2156 Post by IvanKuz » 24 Sep 2021 23:30

ETS2 has a very poor record of these types of bugs and inaccuracies being fixed, unfortunately.... We need a second natvander, for ETS2.
oldmanclippy

#2157 Post by oldmanclippy » 25 Sep 2021 17:05

@IvanKuz natvander is a godsend for ATS. SCS should set up a GoFundMe to raise funds for a clone :lol:
jackalnxt

#2158 Post by jackalnxt » 26 Sep 2021 19:27

I was doing some flyby scouting of the map and look what I discovered, hidden in plain sight in Pleven :shock: :shock: :shock: :
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2612357389

This is the Haiduti statue on the East side of Pleven: https://www.google.bg/maps/@43.4131125, ... 8192?hl=en

Look at the details on that thing! Even the faces and uniform pockets! :o Someone worked really hard to build this, yet it is hidden away, barely visible from only one side exit to the city. :(

If we get some reworks done to RttBS, then opening up the main road through Pleven should definitely be considered. Not only will we see this beauty in all its glory, but it will slightly speed up passing through Pleven. I imagine that road in particular has banned trucks IRL, but then again, IRL trucks go around the city, not through the city, so we can make some compromises.
oldmanclippy

#2159 Post by oldmanclippy » 26 Sep 2021 21:39

@jackalnxt I just drove through Ruse in-game the other day for the first time in probably a year, and it seems like it's one of the most well made cities in RttBS. Gives you a sense that it's a lot bigger than the 1:19 scale allows. What do you think of it as a local? Did SCS do it justice?
jackalnxt

#2160 Post by jackalnxt » 27 Sep 2021 06:16

@oldmanclippy Ruse is indeed one of the best cities. The best part is the Western Industrial Zone. I literally take that road to work every morning and can point out every individual building - Blue building with swings is the Nova Linia sowing factory, the buildings that are surrounded by pines is all the Orgahim plant. The blue railings on the bridge are a nice nostalgic throwback, since they replaced IRL last year. The biggest disappointment is that they chose to map out the neighboring company and not us (the one opposite the garage) :lol:

There was also a fair amount of creative mapping which is why it looks bigger than the scale would suggest. That small bridge that leads to the shipbuilding facility is right next to the blue railings bridge IRL for example. The road towards Varna is the most abridged part, though connecting the main road to the train station bridge was a clever decision.

Western exit is perfect. The tall building, the car dealership, the super store, it's all flawless. Eastern Industrial zone (left turn on roundabout at Romanian border) was a bit of a bummer though since they used the outdated version of it. It's especially a bummer for the mapper because the newer version would've been much easier to map :D

Return to “General discussion about the game”