Road to the Black Sea Discussion

Some newbie driver

Re: Road to the Black Sea Discussion

#2111 Post by Some newbie driver » 11 Dec 2020 15:50

The only we know for sure about RttbS development is that they need to "call for reinforcements" using the team that was assigned to Germany rework. Also that the result was the shortest amount of roads in a DLC since many years ago. And I know they put more detail on them, but that's also that improvements on their tools, process and the experience help to do faster too, so it should balance.

Next year, even with the pandemic, they had managed to almost release a DLC that will around double the road length of RttBS (with the same or better quality level), we have already been teased with works on the next DLC and they had continued Germany rework.

If I had to bet, something very problematic happened with RttBS (some huge work loss, some mapping problem that was not detected until too late...). Whatever, we can only guess and probably wouldn't never know but there's a clear difference on the result, even if we still don't have Iberia, considering all we have seen so far. Too big difference so just the extra staff they could had get available in 1 year causes it, IMHO. I doubt RttBS final release was what they expected to during the planing phase.

Regards
Shiva

#2112 Post by Shiva » 11 Dec 2020 16:55

mackintosh, it is only a few routes missing.
Not every country has those big fast roads for trucks.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
pigbrother

#2113 Post by pigbrother » 11 Dec 2020 17:15

Talking about Romania: basically there are 3 major roads missing (Sibiu - Pitești, Buzău - Bacău and Brașov - Bucharest) if we are talking only about the area covered as it is. But these roads would be no better than usual you can see in game, they are still (crappy) highways. And also quite scenic, and I think It was more like bad decisions than anythig else. I still like this DLC, but I could have like it even more.

Yeah, no freeways missing because we kinda don’t have too many of them, we’re like the Baltics with a bumpier landscape
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Some newbie driver

#2114 Post by Some newbie driver » 11 Dec 2020 17:36

Well, considering Baltic countries s highest peak is under 400m, "bumpier" is to say it gentle. :lol:

Anyway, I've still the feel that RttBS is a future candidate to some sporadic new road add on some gap, something they weren't in time to include. Like the one we had in the middle of France time ago.
pigbrother

#2115 Post by pigbrother » 11 Dec 2020 17:45

I wish it would be true one day. Buzău - Bacău is doable, but for the other two mentioned above they kinda run out of space. :(
I have approximate knowledge of many things
abasstreppas

#2116 Post by abasstreppas » 11 Dec 2020 17:56

I've always thought that a country/region DLC mainly should have the basic roads used for transports and later add another DLC (also payware) for that areas b-roads and other, more eye-candy stuff. That way SCS could make more money. I think even the hard core trucker would buy the eye-candy DLC in the end ;)
mackintosh

#2117 Post by mackintosh » 11 Dec 2020 18:09

Shiva wrote: 11 Dec 2020 16:55 mackintosh, it is only a few routes missing.
Not every country has those big fast roads for trucks.
My point was that I am vehemently against removing trucking thoroughfares in favour of scenic b-roads. If only one can appear due to scaling constraints, my opinion is that vistas have to take a back seat to actual truck roads.
Last edited by mackintosh on 11 Dec 2020 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
Some newbie driver

#2118 Post by Some newbie driver » 11 Dec 2020 18:10

pigbrother wrote: 11 Dec 2020 17:45 but for the other two mentioned above they kinda run out of space. :(
Those others for when the 1:10 rescaling then... somewhat around 2057 :mrgreen:
Shiva

#2119 Post by Shiva » 11 Dec 2020 18:39

pigbrother, regarding Buzău - Bacău and maybe even Brașov - Bucharest.
What if instead, one of these two routes between Brașov and Buzău? Yes, I know, it ain't ideal either.
A. Both endpoints ingame.
B. East endpoint ingame, west needs to be added.

Regarding running out of space?
I would rather say that for Buzău - Bacău and Brașov - Bucharest. Bacău, the most troublesome, I do think.
While Sibiu - Pitești could be a nice addition. And 1 or 2 at the ProMods forum have done some work on it, but no news for the last months, sadly. Atleast what I remember.
The work in progress screens have been quite nice tho.

mackintosh, only sort of scenic route, is the E574 between Brașov and Pitești.
And it does have a valid destination, north of Pitești.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
krmarci

#2120 Post by krmarci » 11 Dec 2020 19:27

pigbrother wrote: 11 Dec 2020 17:15 Talking about Romania: basically there are 3 major roads missing (Sibiu - Pitești, Buzău - Bacău and Brașov - Bucharest) if we are talking only about the area covered as it is. But these roads would be no better than usual you can see in game, they are still (crappy) highways. And also quite scenic, and I think It was more like bad decisions than anythig else. I still like this DLC, but I could have like it even more.

Yeah, no freeways missing because we kinda don’t have too many of them, we’re like the Baltics with a bumpier landscape
Hunedoara-Brasov is also missing, which is more annoying for me than the other three...

I made a quick concept map (original map from the Truck Simulator Wiki). The two roads marked with red are the most needed in my opinion, the green ones would also be nice but I'm fine without them:

[ external image ]

NOTE: I updated the map in later posts. See here before commenting: https://i.imgur.com/cvpk78x.png
Last edited by krmarci on 11 Dec 2020 19:53, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”