Feedback on the Tobii integration

Underscore_101_

Re: Feedback on the Tobii integration

#31 Post by Underscore_101_ » 02 Mar 2020 18:23

Hi Komat, thanks for your reply, will look into that.

Figured there was a good reason for it.
DTC

#32 Post by DTC » 16 May 2020 17:50

I did place a line at
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=281692#p1300534

Maybe its useful for other who look here and for the maker of ...
KW_Driver

#33 Post by KW_Driver » 19 Aug 2020 05:42

@Komat one thing you guys might want to consider is put the setting in place and then let the user decide if they need the keybind. not every user will need it, and many of us have all kinds of extra devices that increase the keys/buttons over what is offered on a traditional keyboard. I don't think anyone here will ever complain about having too many options. This would also apply to other functions within the game, like being able to independently toggle on/off auxillary lighting.. it doesn't necessarily need a default keybind, but having the option to MAKE a keybind would be of interest to plenty.. food for thought...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not a good idea!
My World of Trucks profile
swaapy

#34 Post by swaapy » 26 Mar 2021 15:06

I use latest version of Tobii. I think it´s much to expensive but I love playing the game without moving the mouse to look around. I use headtracking only.
Harag

#35 Post by Harag » 04 Apr 2021 09:54

@Jonas_Tobii

I bought Tobii 5 about 6 weeks ago and use it for both Elite Dangerous and ETS2 (head tracking only, gaze disabled). After finally getting the settings to my liking in ETS2 it's much improved my experience, until recently.

My Monitor is a ASUS ROG PG289Q. I used the little plastic thing and a couple of Velcro and attacked the device to the bottom of the monitor after a few weeks I noticed it wasn't sticking anymore and the device, due to the weight kept dropping. The reason for this was the frame at the bottom of the monitor gets very warm and the Velcro wasn't sticking anymore. I didn't bother with the spare ones as the same thing will happen. I tried some "Gaffa" tape, but that had the same issue after about 20 minutes.

The 2 small magnets built into the device will connect with the bezel of the monitor, but I have 2 concerns about doing this.

1. The magnet force doesn't feel very strong from the 2 little magnets and a slight knock on the device and it will drop 6-8 inches to the desk.
2. The heat from the monitor, when in contact I'm not sure if the heat of the monitor will affect the device long term (e.g. 3-6 months) after spending a lot of money on it it's the last thing I want.

As it won't stick anymore to the bottom of the monitor. I got a "draw" (from a wooden container device) to use as a temporary stand, which just fits under the monitor. yet it looks horrible. I've included a picture below.

https://imgur.com/zIqRD2o

My ideal solution would be to stick the device to the bezel, but is the heat an issue for it? The monitor is the first one I've ever had that produces a lot of heat (even the screen gets warm) so not sure if this is usual or not, but I've had the monitor for a while now.

Thanks
Harag.
Putter

#36 Post by Putter » 11 May 2021 18:32

I tried the 4C, thought it was hard to set up to my liking, but worked quite okay in both games, then it developed a critical hardware failure that neither the reseller nor Tobii support could fix, and when the reseller finally took it back they were out of stock and refunded me, after that I got an ultra wide screen so I'm back to my old head tracker again, and although a bit clunky, at least it works... and I assume Tobii still don't support a curved 35" screen anyway? So for me... nope not coming back to Tobii again (and why could I not use glasses while calibrating the darn thing? I mean without glasses I can't read anything on screen...) (virtually blind as a bat without glasses)
Sorry for "trash talking" Your product, but for me it was not splendid experience and the hardware stopped working after about 6 months of use...
Solitaire

#37 Post by Solitaire » 18 Jun 2021 08:49

I just bought Tobii 5 and I am disappointed because of the day with an average brightness (neither too strong nor dark) if the gaze tracking works well it is not the same with the head tracking.
For the infrared sensors to take it into account, almost a room is needed in the dark.
If someone has a solution I am interested because it is precisely the monitoring of the head that interests me in ETS & ATS
Underscore_101_

#38 Post by Underscore_101_ » 18 Jun 2021 15:37

Don't have a solution for you, but bright or dark has never been a problem with the 4c, I can't imagine the 5 is worse in that regard.

Some things I have noticed that may interfere are big headphones, long hair (over) eyes, wearing a hoody in certain angles and glasses with really thick rims.

Edit 06-10-21 just in case anyone reads this: They've released new software and the few small issues I had are all gone :-)
Last edited by Underscore_101_ on 06 Oct 2021 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
Solitaire

#39 Post by Solitaire » 18 Jun 2021 16:29

At my age, I'm bald like the back of a teaspoon and apart from a t-shirt I don't wear anything else.
On the other hand, I wear glasses that I clean before playing, but even without, I have the problem.
Because of the heat, the room is even quite dark because we draw the curtains to hide the sun
Solitaire

#40 Post by Solitaire » 19 Jun 2021 07:19

I found the cause of my worries ...
Simply a defective USB port

Return to “General discussion about the game”