Physics in v1.35

Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Physics in v1.35

#11 Post by Madkine » 21 Sep 2021 10:01

It turned out to be far more complicated than expected.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#12 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 21 Sep 2021 10:06

@supersobes bruhhh...
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
scaniadriver01

#13 Post by scaniadriver01 » 23 Sep 2021 22:03

i dont think its his a bug... more like seeing a trailer and a truck as stand alone units ( i think...)
so when the trailer is loaded.. the trailer goes down and the truck is not effected..
i think best thing would be if the truck and trailer are seen as one unit...
so when the trailer gets loaded.. the entire vehicle handles the load..
i also think when its done right will effect the braking and cornering of the truck and trailer...

also in older updates people where having trouble getting up a ramp when exiting a highway with a 6x2 chassis and a heavy load ( double trailer)... i think when there is more "weight" on the front this problem can be solved aswell..

from front to back the maximum axles load would be

on a 4x2 with a 3 axle trailer
axle: 1 2 3 4 5
load tons: 9t 11,5t 9t 9t 9t

on a 6x4 with a 3 axle trailer
axle: 1 2 3 4 5 6
load tons: 9t 11,5t 11,5t 9t 9t 9t

and if loaded correctly the truck will have a lot more grip on the front and on the back...
Madkine
Global moderator

#14 Post by Madkine » 24 Sep 2021 01:04

Having the truck and trailer as a single unit would be very bad from a physics perspective, as that's not how the real world works.
Doing this would cause new physics issues that people would complain about.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
scaniadriver01

#15 Post by scaniadriver01 » 24 Sep 2021 06:40

Madkine wrote: 24 Sep 2021 01:04 Having the truck and trailer as a single unit would be very bad from a physics perspective, as that's not how the real world works.
Doing this would cause new physics issues that people would complain about.
I know.. but a computer code doesnt care about IRL physics.. a developer can code it the way he or she wants to.. but the code doesnt care..
But having a truck and trailer as one unit is how the weight is spread over the axles..
As the airsuspention will keep the correct rideheight..
But loading the rear axle of the truck is a worse idea.. as if you have a heavy load the truck pop a wheelie or doesnt want to steer as there is no load on the front axle..
knox_xss

#16 Post by knox_xss » 24 Sep 2021 07:27

scaniadriver01 wrote: 24 Sep 2021 06:40 But loading the rear axle of the truck is a worse idea.. as if you have a heavy load the truck pop a wheelie or doesnt want to steer as there is no load on the front axle..
I think you misunderstood the essence of the problem. This is the clearance between the fifth-wheel surface and the bottom surface of the semi-trailer. In reality, this gap is constant, no matter how small it is, and does not depend on the presence of a cargo in the semitrailer...
[ external image ]

However, the game is not the case, starting somewhere in the 1.35 version, or perhaps a little earlier.
Long way to Fuji starts with the first step!
Some newbie driver

#17 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Sep 2021 10:34

It has been said already; they found the root cause but it will force them to change whatever in the model of all those trucks. Its not something they are going to change until they had to touch the truck models for something else.

So, don't count of news in this topic until a long time passes. I would bet not before they redo all the system to finally include the simulation of the air suspension. So, constant height on driving despite load, raising of the axle when hooking, raising of the height on parked trailers and everything else that this change implies. And all the automatism in this kind of things, because have for sure that they must and will take the arcade approx for all the players out there that don't have a freaking idea about how all of this works IRL. With a bit of luck we could had the option to do it manually changing some config somewhere.

Regards
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#18 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 24 Sep 2021 11:27

rear fenders of DAF XG and XG+ are not touching trailers
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
scaniadriver01

#19 Post by scaniadriver01 » 24 Sep 2021 11:30

Some newbie driver wrote: 24 Sep 2021 10:34 It has been said already; they found the root cause but it will force them to change whatever in the model of all those trucks. Its not something they are going to change until they had to touch the truck models for something else.

So, don't count of news in this topic until a long time passes. I would bet not before they redo all the system to finally include the simulation of the air suspension. So, constant height on driving despite load, raising of the axle when hooking, raising of the height on parked trailers and everything else that this change implies. And all the automatism in this kind of things, because have for sure that they must and will take the arcade approx for all the players out there that don't have a freaking idea about how all of this works IRL. With a bit of luck we could had the option to do it manually changing some config somewhere.

Regards
Would be nice if they have an arcade and a hardcore mode to do the things a truckdriver has to do IRL
Some newbie driver

#20 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Sep 2021 11:33

Something that has ben suggested hundreds of times and deeply discussed. If ever, not before they do the big engine changes they had been focused on the last 3 years. They want to bring to present the average tech level of the game before focus again on playing features.

Return to “General discussion about the game”