Shaky view of wires and fences

johnny_91

Re: Shaky view of wires and fences

#21 Post by johnny_91 » 17 Sep 2021 07:56

Antialiasing and SCS - its getting seriously ridiculous.

Yes, with the roextended solution its getting better, but nowhere pre DX11. Cause of that i'm back to 1.35. Cant stand flickering fences, jagged lines etc. It ruins the complete experience.

Cant understand why this not their first priority. The new lightning, features and DLC's in the DX11 era are awesome, from what i saw, but as there is no proper AA the game looks like it is from 2009. Really sad to see, as im playing ETS2 since day one and it looked all good.

Its up to SCS to do something about it better sooner then later. Would pay them even for good AA.
Brian Benton

#22 Post by Brian Benton » 17 Sep 2021 23:26

It's funny :D . The topic is 2 years old. The game is 8 years old. But we still haven't seen adequate anti-aliasing. All hardcore. SSAA to the max! Give everyone RTX 2070-level graphics cards for 1080p :twisted: ! And we will leave you porridge from the stairs in the distance as a gift :lol: . Eh, TAA / MSAA, 100% scale, perfectly smoothed picture without ripples, high FPS even on budget video cards... Dreams :roll: ...
bumbumek

#23 Post by bumbumek » 18 Sep 2021 11:40

Yeah, it really drives me crazy, when everything flickers in the distance - wires, fences, signs, walls, sometimes other elements of buildings...I play with 400% scalling and internal AA in ETS2 maxed out, and still got those flickerings.

I have a feeling, that SCS Software has issues implementing proper anti-aliasing, I mean they fight with big FPS drops, because as we know - AA in games is very performance consuming.

Anyways, better anti-aliasing worth year 2021, is the most anticipated update of all.
j7n

#24 Post by j7n » 18 Sep 2021 13:04

The lack of anti-aliasing is tied to how the dynamic light is applied with "deferred" rendering. They can't do lights old fashioned way with as many polygons as is expected today. And having a headlight is essential for night-time experience. Old super smooth games had precalculated lightmaps.

I noticed that the alpha-textured fence in Posped does not reflect light from the truck at all, but looks fine, while other fences look unnaturally blocky with one pixel bright white and the one next to it black.

However, objects like cables and birds don't need to be lit and could be made of a few alpha textures. They are too far away for volume or any detail to be discernible on them.

Return to “General discussion about the game”