On the verge of an important decision

cip

Re: On the verge of an important decision

#11 Post by cip » 28 Nov 2019 15:05

@bumbumek you don't have a weak CPU, you will be just fine in Dx11 with better FPS than in Dx9 ;) you can play with plenty of mods too, just be sure you have enough RAM ;)
@yiannis for me the 1.36 at 400% scaling is very close in quality with Dx9 and 4MSAA + 4SGSS, but with far better FPS, no lag, no stuttering, countless mods. I am sure it's just a matter of graphic settings or maybe AMD does not do the same as Nvidia (possibly?)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my ATS Real Ai Traffic Sounds 1.36-1.37
currently on strike :D beta testings and bug reports are temporarily suspended from my activity until further decisions :lol:

bumbumek

#12 Post by bumbumek » 28 Nov 2019 15:11

Thanks guys for your replies!

cip

#13 Post by cip » 28 Nov 2019 15:25

than it's obviously a graphic wrong settings for you, I will share my settings to you later at home, both Nvidia inspector and the graphic in game settings ;)

edit: here I retrieved my Nvidia settings:

Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my ATS Real Ai Traffic Sounds 1.36-1.37
currently on strike :D beta testings and bug reports are temporarily suspended from my activity until further decisions :lol:

Centrino2
Global moderator

#14 Post by Centrino2 » 02 Dec 2019 22:34

As for the light issues of light showing in area it shouldn't be.... well.... there is a graphics trend called ray tracing going on. With that... how could anyone screw up lighting?.... I bet someone is going to tell me how they can.

Not sure if Vulcan (or whatever this Metal thing is) can do or will do ray tracing but for sure DX 12 can... which make seeming going to 11 as just a pointless step. But seeing how long it took to get to 11, I guess you can expect 12 or equivalent in 2030.

Now if only Nvidia will stop trying to make ray tracing look like it was something they invented, and if only I could find a damn good looking AMD board so my next build will be all AMD, but sadly I guess it will have to be Intel-AMD (unless Intel can impress with their upcoming GPUs) and yes, I will be taking RGB lighting to da max bruh... and planning a stealth portable MiniMe (or lil *******)

I will be surprised if no one here has ever brought up ray tracing.

Madkine

#15 Post by Madkine » 03 Dec 2019 06:27

Centrino2 wrote:
02 Dec 2019 22:34
.. which make seeming going to 11 as just a pointless step.
It's about effort of conversion. Moving from DX9 straight to 12 would have been an even bigger effort than moving to 11 and we probably wouldn't be seeing it in game yet.
And I'd expect DX12/Vulkan/Metal whichever they choose in another couple of years.

Return to “General discussion about the game”