Iberia Discussion

AntoniojMG

Re: Iberia Discussion

#181 Post by AntoniojMG » 26 Dec 2019 03:09

It should not be forgotten that during these years SCS has put a lot of effort into representing the landscape in detail as much as possible. It is not only a truck simulator, but a real life truck work simulator, so real life also includes the landscape you have to go through, otherwise it would not be a proper simulator. So simulating the landscape is just as important as simulating truck driving. By this I mean that the Rock of Gibraltar and many things close to the roads should be represented as real life.
krmarci

#182 Post by krmarci » 26 Dec 2019 07:35

Some newbie driver wrote: 25 Dec 2019 22:30 [...] There are so many people doing that trip that there are specific signals in Arabic language installed all along the AP-7 Spanish highway. [...]
Oh. There were already a lot of signage errors in RttBS, where there were 2 Latin and a Cyrillic script. I can only imagine the problems that will arise from attempts at Arabic signs... :-D
Freggs

#183 Post by Freggs » 26 Dec 2019 08:15

@Pumizo I think there was a bit of miss wording on my part when i say "little to no highways that go through the Pyrenees" as there's obviously those two major routes that go through the edges, i was more talking within the context of the lack of roads more inland at the "center" of the Pyrenees as flight50 was saying. This is an assumption but i imagine there's not much transport industry high in the mountain range so of course why would anyone bother to make roads there. The AP8 and AP7 were already beautifully executed in Promods so i know it's possible to cram roads there.
Thank you for the info @Some newbie driver i have faith SCS is going to do a good job when it comes to it.
Pumizo
Beta tester

#184 Post by Pumizo » 26 Dec 2019 08:17

Some newbie driver wrote: 24 Dec 2019 20:30 No, really, one trucker that use to go there told me once that the best a trucker could do near Madrid is to pay the toll of any of the tolled highways of the zone. They were so empty that allow truckers to drive safely and arrive in time; while on the non-tolled roads at the same time thousands of vehicles would be on another massive jam, as every day.
@Some newbie driver Like in any other European city, this depends a lot on the hours that you're driving by. I've been in Madrid hundreds of times in my trucker years, coming from all areas, from east, west, north and south and it depends entirely on the rush hours. For example, I did Madrid to Amsterdam for 2 years, leaving Barajas Airport always around 21H-22H, heading the A1 direction Burgos and there wasn't need to went to toll roads because it's useless by that time.

Also, it's not correct to say that the Madrid M30, M40 or M50 aren't any good for trucks. Depends on several aspects!
TheTexanHusky wrote: 25 Dec 2019 06:08 @dahaka - Spain doesn't have any border crossings, not since the creation of the Schengen Area back in 1995 (of which Spain is a co-founder of)

Though it's possible that the way you worded your post could've lead into some misinterpretation.
@TheTexanHusky There are border crossings because you still have a borderline to cross. I guess that what's being mentioned here.
Also, the Schengen treaty doesn't necessarily mean that you don't need to stop. Border checks are very common in Irun and even in La Jonquera.
Let me remind you that since the Paris terrorist attacks that France is in high alert and since that time, these two borders were closed dozens or maybe hundreds of times.
Samot__2003 wrote: 25 Dec 2019 12:50 It's missing some big cities like Coimbra or Setubal in Portugal and Santiago, Merida, Badajoz, Algeciras, San Sébastien or Pamplona, for example
@Samot__2003 That concept has nothing to do with the planned road map. it's pure speculation ;)

Regarding Andorra, during the 10 years, I've worked as an International truck driver, It was forbidden to cross Andorra in transit, Only trucks loading or offloading there were allowed. Dunno if this ban is still active.

If someone is interested in seeing the Somport tunnel, I have this video I made ten years ago, coming from Bordeaux, leaving the A63 and taking the N134 till Spain.
HRTrucking

#185 Post by HRTrucking » 26 Dec 2019 09:24

@Pumizo nice video. That's still with some of the old small bits in the road it seems. Road changed in the last 10 years. I remember from more then 10 years ago there where some hairpin corners and even more tight bits on the French side.
Driving behind my colleague in his Kenworth W900 showed they're not made for Europe, not even with a small tank behind it :lol:
Some newbie driver

#186 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Dec 2019 09:26

@Pumizo My bad, I should had put some more smileys so you could had notice that I was being a bit sarcastic about Madrid radial roads. Of course if you go there out of peak hours, they are more than useful ones. ;)
Some newbie driver

#187 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Dec 2019 09:30

krmarci wrote: 26 Dec 2019 07:35 Oh. There were already a lot of signage errors in RttBS, where there were 2 Latin and a Cyrillic script. I can only imagine the problems that will arise from attempts at Arabic signs... :-D
:lol:
Luckily for SCS, those signals are of that "rotating pannels" kind that hide themselves if not necessary. They use to be visible only on the peak of those travels during the summer months. They are very distinctive not only due their Arabic lettering, also because they are all yellow in a shade of yellow that is not used in any other signals here (not even in roadworks, that yellow is more near of orange)
Trucker_Tommy

#188 Post by Trucker_Tommy » 26 Dec 2019 10:06

@Pumizo if you were SCS would you add Andorra? Personally I feel it should be added for realism just like I feel Liechtenstein should or Monaco. Are arctic’s not allowed at all in Andorra?
Pumizo
Beta tester

#189 Post by Pumizo » 26 Dec 2019 10:17

@Trucker_Tommy of course I would love to have all the real countries and the maximum details possible. However, and due to game limitations, manpower available and the time needed, I think there are things far more important to have in Iberia DLC.
Trucker_Tommy

#190 Post by Trucker_Tommy » 26 Dec 2019 11:17

@Pumizo I’m well aware of the limitations. To be honest I’m just happy to finally see Spain & Portugal coming. Just saying like most others thinking I’d like to see Andorra. Can’t wait to also see the Pyrénées and hopefully when a redo comes round the Alps redone. Would like to say I’m more than happy where we are with both games.

Return to “General discussion about the game”