Iberia Discussion

Shiva

Re: Iberia Discussion

#391 Post by Shiva » 15 Feb 2020 18:36

It aint fun for the bulls.
So pass.
There are other much nicer things in Iberia.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
plinio.lisboa.br

#392 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 15 Feb 2020 19:43

Bulls do not care much, as, as everyone knows, they have a great ability to not feel pain.
  They are always extremely brave, even with the rider's darts, he is still extremely dangerous, and agile.
  Everyone knows these bullfighting animals, they are worth a lot of money!
  It is a great economic activity in the Iberian peninsula, important, unique, and the culture is also beautiful, I love bullfights.
On the other hand, unlike the Roman period, these "rare luxury cattle" do not end up becoming barbecue.
  I love barbecue!

The Lide bulls are some of the last species that descend directly from the ancient breeds of cattle from the Paleolithic era.

Their anatomy, robustness, immunity are much greater than that of current domesticated cattle (Neolithic).
  In other words, circumstances and environments are more rustic.

On the other hand, if Portugal and Spain extinguish bullfights and bullfighting farms, simply the oldest breed of cattle in the world will disappear.

I find the "Progressive" thinking very interesting.
  So should we extinguish bullfights to extinguish the fighting race just for political and ideological reasons?
It is?!
If the bulls of Lide, be aware of how the "progressives" want to exterminate them by banning bullfighting ....

And thus bankrupting bullfighting farms, causing other social problems, I am able to bet that if they had the human conscience they would speak to each "progressive", the following sentence: "bullfighting is our job, our survival, if you don't like it bullfighting, don’t watch it. We need people who like it, to keep us alive. On the other hand, we have the ability to endure 10 times more without pain reactions when compared to any other breed of cattle. So you’re in favor of mine extinction? "
dsf.fernando

#393 Post by dsf.fernando » 15 Feb 2020 22:08

There was a Nucleon trailer clearly visible in a teaser published by SCS on Instagram. That can mean the next DLC will have nuclear plants, meaning at least one of these locations will feature in the game:

- Almaraz power plant, some 100km southwest of Valencia
- Ascó power plant, some 160km southwest of Barcelona and 170km southweast of Zaragoza.
- Vandellòs power plant, some 50km southwast of the Ascó power plant
- Trillo power plant, 93km northeast of Madrid
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Some newbie driver

#394 Post by Some newbie driver » 15 Feb 2020 23:21

Not really dsf.fernando. AI trailers are completely random generated. You can find any company trailers anywhere on the map. AI can show even combinations that doesn't exist on the job market (tankers and vacuum silos labeled with some companies are usual examples). In fact, that has been requested lots of times to be fixed.

On one of the screenshots on the last Iberian blog entry, it appears one trailer of one company on BttBS DLC, for example.
Unknown#

#395 Post by Unknown# » 16 Feb 2020 06:24

@Some newbie driver - Can confirm. I don't have the BtBS or RttBS DLCs (I'm simply not interested in them ATM), and I see truck AI tow trailers from companies that are from certain regions (e.g. Ladoga Auto from BtBS, or TM-Istanbul from RttBS).

Basically, even if you don't have certain DLCs, that doesn't mean that you won't see mentions of companies from said regions you don't have anywhere else. Even if you don't have Vive la France, Nucléon trailers will appear anywhere on the map, even if you're not in France.

Even if we do get to deliver to power plants in Iberia, it'll very likely be a new company, rather than an existing one.
ScaniaMaster

#396 Post by ScaniaMaster » 16 Feb 2020 09:27

Well adding nuclear powerplants as delivery locations has been a staple since the french dlc so it is very likely they will also add the respective nuclear plants where they are located.
BASSLovah

#397 Post by BASSLovah » 17 Feb 2020 09:00

plinio.lisboa.br wrote: 15 Feb 2020 17:58 So sad to know that we will not be able to transport the bulls to the bullfighting arenas. Disappointing.

I love bullfighting and everything that can be of Native culture, both from Portugal and Spain.
  Bullfighting and bull fighting is one of these aspects, incredible and unique.
  I hope that it will be able to resurface, with strength soon, by some political forces in Spain and Portugal.
Cultural globalization is boring, monotonous. I like nationalities and their cultures.
wow showing those vox ideals :lol:

If you say that on the street in Spain people will look bad at you. Bullfighting is frown upon by spaniards, by most of them at least and the support for forbidding it is growing by the day. It's not humane, it's cruel.
And the culture argument doesn't stand because other cultures had cruel practices and got rid of them. Adapting some practices or removing them doesn't mean you lose culture.

Anyway, ignoring the politics of it, as others said those bulls aren't transported in big trucks so I really doubt we'll have them in-game. Having them ig would be suicide for SCS at least in Spain since, as I said, spaniards don't like bullfighting that much anymore and specially don't like their country being associated with it.
plinio.lisboa.br

#398 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 17 Feb 2020 09:18

Vox has some interesting ideas, but the topic is not politics.

Okay, if you can't transport, the bulls are fine, but at least the fixed-chassis trucks, they should be created so that they could be seen on the roads.
  After all, it is part of the road landscape in Iberia Portugal and Spain.
Well, so I'm on the "team" of the small minority that loves bullfighting and "Lide" cattle.
Yes, globalization is boring.
I don't like globalization, equal behavior for everyone on the planet, everything the same. I do not like it.
I like each people has its culture, and its way of being, thinking and acting.
BASSLovah

#399 Post by BASSLovah » 17 Feb 2020 09:24

I live in Spain and I drive around quite a bit because of my job, specially around the Zaragoza/Pamplona/Teruel area where bullfighting is/was most popular and in 15 years I only saw a bull truck twice.
plinio.lisboa.br

#400 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 17 Feb 2020 09:42

I already realized by researching, of course. This is theoretical knowledge, which is not the same as the practical knowledge of being in Spain.
  But as far as I know bullfights are more concentrated in Andalusia, south Spain.

Fine.
  So here's the thing:
"We must have a rare rigid chassis truck, which carries bulls from Lide, for bullfighting. It is very rare to be seen on Spanish roads. What matters is that they can be seen."
Now when players pass with their semi trailer trucks nearby there is a bullfighting arena, the frequency of viewing a Bulls of Lide truck should be at a much higher frequency. This in order to give that "feeling" of what; "is seeing something in the arena". You see.

and this bull transport truck, if we all think about it; It is very rare in the world, because I believe that in our western world: Portugal and Spain Mexico are countries that still practice bullfighting is a greater proportion, I think that is it.
So, yes, bull transport trucks should be used as a vehicle for the ETS2 Artificial Intelligence traffic system, for the DLC Iberia, I think now we have arrived at a good idea.

This type of vehicle and non-playable cargo (Lide bulls), whether exclusive to Spain and Portugal, is very cool, for ETS2.

Return to “General discussion about the game”