Iberia Discussion

RoxyQuarry

Re: Iberia Discussion

#1061 Post by RoxyQuarry » 20 Aug 2020 16:06

Hey? Has anybody thought about how we would get to Iberia? Does anybody think that we would have ferry routes from Corsica and Blue Island towards eastern Iberia or from western France and Plymouth in Britian to the north/west of Iberia. This seems fascinating to think about but what bothers me the most is how to get to Iberia by road. The border between France and Spain is currently surrounded by Vive La France DLC and this means that who ever buys Iberia DLC would probably get part of Vive la France too, this seems like a good reason to purchase Iberia but this might bother many who have spent their money on Vive La France and we could also consider Vive La France overpriced as well. Of course SCS could only give a route on land to Spain if you own Vive La France DLC but this might bother a lot of people, what if this is someone's first map expansion? Does that mean that he/she would have to travel all the way to Plymouth to drive across Spain and Portugal. If any of this is true SCS would be shamed by their customers but this has never happened before so maybe SCS is trying to find a way around this BUT there is a first time for everything. Any opinions?

IvanKuz

#1062 Post by IvanKuz » 20 Aug 2020 16:49

This is nothing new. Road to the Black Sea is not connected to the base ETS2 map by road, nor is Washington connected to the base ATS map, and Beyond the Baltic Sea is connected to the base map only by ferry. In all cases you can remotely buy a garage in the DLC area are use the quick travel feature to teleport there from the base map, or simply start a quick job from one city which is always unlocked in every DLC by default. There is no reason to expect that SCS will include a chunk of Viva la France with Ibera just to allow a direct land route. If it helps, VLF will almost certainly be on sale when Iberia drops though.

RoxyQuarry

#1063 Post by RoxyQuarry » 20 Aug 2020 16:52

I feel like an idiot, I regret posting my stupidity.

IvanKuz

#1064 Post by IvanKuz » 20 Aug 2020 16:56

Don't worry, we all say something stupid without thinking it through sometimes...
Well, I know I do.

RoxyQuarry

#1065 Post by RoxyQuarry » 20 Aug 2020 17:14

IvanKuz, thank you, but back on to the topic. One of SCS's Steam newsletters mentioned that Iberia would get narrow roads. I don't expect traffic vehicles to navigate through these roads but I do hope that their narrowness would make the, challenging to go through (without hitting something). I expect these narrow roads to be similar to the little back roads that can be found all around Corsica but would SCS use these roads as a large network and would they become very commonly used along trips along denser areas. Does anyone know anything about the road network that would be used along these small roads and also how common they would be.

Some newbie driver

#1066 Post by Some newbie driver » 20 Aug 2020 18:10

When I saw the mention of the narrow roads I also thought they meant secondary roads layout very similar to Corsica. In fact, Corsica landscape is VERY similar to several Spanish places (and probably Portuguese too). I expect at least to have two of those crossing Pyrenees apart of the two main highway crossings on its extremes. And of course, a lot more cold be everywhere else. We have got a lot of screenshots featuring secondary roads, although mostly on valleys so they doesn't show a very twisty layout.

SCS mentioned too (if somebody remembers it) coastal roads. That could be very interesting depending on which ones they include.

Regards

Esproquet

#1067 Post by Esproquet » 20 Aug 2020 21:28

Narrow coastal roads... I hope they don't do the whole N-340... It's a real pain in the ass in most sections.

Last edited by Esproquet on 20 Aug 2020 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

Some newbie driver

#1068 Post by Some newbie driver » 20 Aug 2020 21:40

Well, most of that pain comes from their traffic jams that you will probably not suffer in this game. :mrgreen:

Esproquet

#1069 Post by Esproquet » 20 Aug 2020 22:07

The IA could perform especially stupid here, behold the road segment with the highest rate of accidents in the country. (In purple), N-340 is the longest road, but it also holds this duvious record between Alicant&Murcia province.

https://amp.20minutos.es/noticia/183850 ... espanolas/

Too many crossings and endless roundabouts :(

krmarci

#1070 Post by krmarci » 21 Aug 2020 07:44

RoxyQuarry wrote:
20 Aug 2020 16:06
Hey? Has anybody thought about how we would get to Iberia? Does anybody think that we would have ferry routes from Corsica and Blue Island towards eastern Iberia or from western France and Plymouth in Britian to the north/west of Iberia. This seems fascinating to think about but what bothers me the most is how to get to Iberia by road. The border between France and Spain is currently surrounded by Vive La France DLC and this means that who ever buys Iberia DLC would probably get part of Vive la France too, this seems like a good reason to purchase Iberia but this might bother many who have spent their money on Vive La France and we could also consider Vive La France overpriced as well. Of course SCS could only give a route on land to Spain if you own Vive La France DLC but this might bother a lot of people, what if this is someone's first map expansion? Does that mean that he/she would have to travel all the way to Plymouth to drive across Spain and Portugal. If any of this is true SCS would be shamed by their customers but this has never happened before so maybe SCS is trying to find a way around this BUT there is a first time for everything. Any opinions?
We know Santander is in, so having the Plymouth-Santander ferry is quite likely. Other base map connections would make no sense, as that would mean making paid content free.

Return to “General discussion about the game”