Iberia Discussion

FlyingPigeon

Re: Iberia Discussion

#1691 Post by FlyingPigeon » 29 Oct 2020 06:36

xyzan wrote:
27 Oct 2020 21:17

Because there won't be north part at all... As black sea was biggest effort so far, this cannot cover all Iberia...that would be to huge for scs...
I like This man 🤣
Scandinavian truckdriver.

rip_c_bennington

#1692 Post by rip_c_bennington » 29 Oct 2020 06:56

IMHO at least 10 cities in Portugal and at least 30 in Spain.

Some examples for possible Portuguese cities: Lisbon, Porto, Braga, Coimbra, Aveiro, Viseu, Leiria, Faro, Évora, Portimão, Castelo Branco, ....

krmarci

#1693 Post by krmarci » 29 Oct 2020 09:44

tiagocarper9831 wrote:
28 Oct 2020 20:38
[...]
Krmarci I see that you know little about Portugal, in Portugal there are 160 cities. Portugal is small but at the same time there is enough distance in the map, for the main cities to come, except some main north cities..
[...]
4 cities in the game. Hungary has 346 cities in real life. Please don't distort my words with irrelevant metrics.

On another note, let's not forget that Portugal is coming as part of a DLC twice as large by area than any other before, and RttBS already had significant omissions (looking at you, Oradea and Sibiu) despite being half as large.
Also, it's in a DLC that contains a country 5x larger than it. Either the density of the two countries will be drastically different (which I see as unlikely), or Portugal shouldn't expect more than 6 cities (and that's an optimistic number). 10 cities in Portugal is entirely unrealistic (due to density limitations), unless we will have 50 cities in Spain, which is even more unrealistic (due to quantity limitations).

Let's be positively surprised, rather than disappointed...

tiagocarper9831

#1694 Post by tiagocarper9831 » 29 Oct 2020 10:03

krmarci wrote:
29 Oct 2020 09:44
tiagocarper9831 wrote:
28 Oct 2020 20:38
[...]
Krmarci I see that you know little about Portugal, in Portugal there are 160 cities. Portugal is small but at the same time there is enough distance in the map, for the main cities to come, except some main north cities..
[...]
4 cities in the game. Hungary has 346 cities in real life. Please don't distort my words with irrelevant metrics.

On another note, let's not forget that Portugal is coming as part of a DLC twice as large by area than any other before, and RttBS already had significant omissions (looking at you, Oradea and Sibiu) despite being half as large.
Also, it's in a DLC that contains a country 5x larger than it. Either the density of the two countries will be drastically different (which I see as unlikely), or Portugal shouldn't expect more than 6 cities (and that's an optimistic number). 10 cities in Portugal is entirely unrealistic (due to density limitations), unless we will have 50 cities in Spain, which is even more unrealistic (due to quantity limitations).

Let's be positively surprised, rather than disappointed...

Hungary was realesed at a time when SCS software had no resources, and all landscapes and cities were the same
Now it has many more workers. Furthermore, when hungary was realised there were only 3 or 4 people recreating the map. Now, Paul said that there are 30 people working in Iberia.
The dlc is going to be called "Iberia" not "Viva España".
Spain is huge and I don't think the area will be all covered, while the Portuguese area can be covered. Many Portuguese people play the euro, and if they put 4 cities nobody Portugal people would buy the DLC.

ikeSeki

#1695 Post by ikeSeki » 29 Oct 2020 10:38

I agree 4 is too low, but honestly 10 is too much for Portugal, you would just be entering from one city to another. Scale is always the biggest enemy and it will especially show with Portugal. It will be less then 10 km in game from eastern border with Spain to the western coast.

Taking the scale into account and looking at likely roads that should cross the border from Spain my guess is 7-8 cities for Portugal.

Esproquet

#1696 Post by Esproquet » 29 Oct 2020 10:41

tiagocarper9831 wrote:
29 Oct 2020 10:03
Many Portuguese people play the euro, and if they put 4 cities nobody Portugal people would buy the DLC.
Or they will play it disappointed

The other day I had a weird dream, I like watching certain game trailers, and I dreamt that Iberia trailer was released but it was very innovative, instead of using in game footage, they blended real life action characters within the game graphic and landscape. Curious dream :lol:

Some newbie driver

#1697 Post by Some newbie driver » 29 Oct 2020 10:42

Taking the scale into account, Shiva has already linked a real size comparison between Portugal REAL size and three Baltic countries or Corsica. Go take a look, compare what we get in every of those already mapped zones and then maybe some of you will have to think it twice.

Could we have an small amount of cities for Portugal? Yes, it's a possibility. Can SCS put 10+ cities in there following the exact same design guidelines they had been using last 2 years? Absolutely yes.

krmarci

#1698 Post by krmarci » 29 Oct 2020 11:06

Scale is only part of the problem. 10 cities are theoretically possible based on scale (although a bit too crammed). The problem is manpower. This DLC will be twice as large as any other DLC before, and I think 60 cities are beyond even SCS's rapidly increasing capabilities (see RttBS).

The problem is that Portugal is taken out of the context of it being in a DLC 6x its size, and 2x the usual size. It's as if for BtBS, people would have been hung up on Russia having to have 10 cities in the 100,000 km2 included just because there is enough space.
Last edited by krmarci on 29 Oct 2020 11:11, edited 1 time in total.

ikeSeki

#1699 Post by ikeSeki » 29 Oct 2020 11:10

I agree they could do that but I will rather expect less cities and not be dissapointed if it happens to be true, then to expect 10+ cities and then get 7-8.

And I believe they would rather invest that time into really covering the whole Iberia up to the every corner of it, then to spend time making Portugal as dense as possible with cities.
There has to be a balance in everything.

Some newbie driver

#1700 Post by Some newbie driver » 29 Oct 2020 11:25

krmarci, SCS has a lot more mappers now for ETS2 teams that it had when doing RttBS (all those that were in train releasing Sardinia and Corsica that same year). So a goal around 40 cities (I don't know why you mention 60, nobody has said 60) with around 10 of them being in Portugal is absolutely doable for them. Otherwise they wouldn't had started Iberia anyway. If they have done such a big map zone is because they know they can keep the quality standards so far (and this includes density in the map). If to do Iberia they should had to return back in time to a map like GE, then they could had released any other place to be mapped (they could had done Ireland for example, smaller, less demanding so allowing them to leave more people working on Iberia one more year meanwhile).

The point about the DLC being so big had sense when mid past-year we all where guessing which one will be next. I remember myself saying I didn't saw Iberia possible in one shot considering the amount of work to be done (southern France included). But once SCS decided to do it, we have to suppose they are ready for it. Also, we can guess if the lack of some content in RttBS was due not all people available because already working on Iberia (as we know they have some people working probably on Russia now). It's a possibility that it's there (and of course, we are not going to know it never, we just can guess).

So, the starting point is: what SCS is giving us on average for a given area? That's what we can expect they will be aiming for on the whole area of the newer DLC they release, would it be Iberia or anyone else. IMHO, to think the content will be less because there's more area to cover is not the right argument.

Regards

Return to “General discussion about the game”