Iberia Discussion

pigbrother

Re: Iberia Discussion

#5581 Post by pigbrother » 16 Apr 2021 06:39

Amen to that, with only caveat that we complain about the lack of freeways in Romania in real life too. :lol:
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Jatruck

#5582 Post by Jatruck » 16 Apr 2021 08:05

Now that I've explored 100% Iberia DLC :) I can tell that there are many secondary roads, because although it's true that there are only two big, there are also many small ones to reach the companies.

So we have a very good DLC IMO (the best DLC ever):

- Mostly with highways where you can drive continuously and also small roads.

- Diversity in abundance. :) Forest, desert, beach, detailed cities, towns, villages,...

Of course if SCS add more secondary roads in the future (Pyrenees, N-234 till Burgos,...) will be welcome. :D ;)
Vinnie Terranova

#5583 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 16 Apr 2021 08:07

AlexxxF1 wrote: 16 Apr 2021 06:19Secondary roads do not differ much from the autobahns passing nearby. But yes, they are used by locals to bypass very expensive toll roads.
To international carriers the most important thing - save time. Especially when transporting perishable goods. Therefore do not use secondary roads.
On the highway all time you drive with 90 km/h - on secondary roads only 70-50 km/h, often driving through small towns.
Secondary roads is a very big waste of time. Especially if you go by truck with 20t cargo.
In real life secondary roads may be a very big waste of time, but that doesn't necessarely mean we have to drive our trucks in ETS2 the same way as truckers in real life do. The most important aspect of ETS2 is gameplay. I love driving on highways, but I also love driving on secondary roads through small towns, and I love driving on curly mountain roads. I don't care much about delivery time, but I do care about driving on all kind of roads, while enjoying the scenery.

I've discovered about 1/3 of Iberia, and oh boy, what a beautiful DLC is this! Ofcourse it is not 100% realistic, but that's impossible anyway with this 1:19 scale. The main thing for me is that the Iberia DLC gives me the feeling of driving in Spain and Portugal. I don't really compare Iberia to the real Spain and Portugal; I just look at Iberia as an Spanish/Portugalese version of the ETS2 world. Maybe we should more look to the things that we got with the Iberia DLc, than look at the things we didn't get. And we got a lot. And I enjoy it very much.
DailyDrivenTrucks

#5584 Post by DailyDrivenTrucks » 16 Apr 2021 08:16

Question about Cruising Iberia Event

So, I just started to deliver goods for cruising iberia event. I transported goods (External Contract) from Barcelona (Spain) to Villarreal (Spain) (Iberia DLC) and counted as 2 points (2/20).
Then I travel again to transport goods from Ciaudad Real (Spain) to Sevilla (Spain) and gained 2 more points (4/20).
Then I started to travel from Sevilla (Spain) to Lisboa (Portugal) and only gained 1 point (5/20)
Then I transported from Lisboa (Portugal) to Coimbra (Portugal) and only gained 1 point again (6/20)

[ external image ]

At first I assume as long I transported from Iberia DLC City to Iberia DLC City I will gain 2 points.
But ends up only Spain to Spain gained 2 points, Spain to Portugal and Portugal to Portugal only give me 1 point.

Is this how the point system work? or I miss something in the Cruising Iberia rules?

Thanks
Esproquet

#5585 Post by Esproquet » 16 Apr 2021 08:25

https://diariodetransporte.com/2021/04/ ... toneladas/

It seems trucking rules are to be changed in Spain.
Autovías are now to be toll roads.
New weight limit to 44t. Maximum height to 4,4m.
Doubles can now haul 70t and be 31 meters long.
Jatruck

#5586 Post by Jatruck » 16 Apr 2021 08:41

It's still in development. We'll see in the future ;)
Flemming V
Global moderator

#5587 Post by Flemming V » 16 Apr 2021 08:44

DailyDrivenTrucks wrote: 16 Apr 2021 08:16 Is this how the point system work? or I miss something in the Cruising Iberia rules?
First you gain 2 point for haul/deliver to 2 cities you have not been haul/deliver to before.
Then you gain 2 point again for haul/deliver to 2 other cities you have not been haul/deliver to before.
Then only 1 poing as you have already haul/deliver to one city (Sevilla) and therefore only one city is new (Lisboa)
The same is for 4th trip. Only one new city in that trip (Coimbra).

You have to haul/deliver to 20 different cities in the DLC
Vinnie Terranova

#5588 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 16 Apr 2021 08:49

@DailyDrivenTrucks I think you misinterpreted the rules; the rules are about discovering cities:

Barcelona - Villarreal (2 cities discovered)
Ciaudad Real - Sevilla (2 new cities discovered)
Sevilla - Lisboa (1 new city discovered, as you have already discovered Sevilla)
Lisboa - Coimbra (1 new city discovered, as you have already discovered Lisboa)
xyzan

#5589 Post by xyzan » 16 Apr 2021 08:50

Iberia is an ATS style DLC in my opinion. I mean, it does not look like rest of DLCs, packed with cities and small roads. The distances between cities are larger, more highway driving. It's up to taste, honestly. And, that is why some may think it is boring - a lot of highway driving. It has it's own style, that is different from what we used to in ETS - that is why it's unique.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#5590 Post by Flemming V » 16 Apr 2021 08:51

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 16 Apr 2021 08:49 @DailyDrivenTrucks I think you misinterpreted the rules; the rules are about discovering cities:

It not about discovering the cities as I had already been in all of them before I started the event.
You have to deliver cargo to or from them.
When a player completes a delivery to or from any 20 unique Iberian cities, they will achieve their personal goal.

Return to “General discussion about the game”