Iberia Discussion

Etrusan

Re: Iberia Discussion

#5691 Post by Etrusan » 19 Apr 2021 11:37

I really like what you've done with the city side streets. They are wide, but feel narrow due to the parked cars. I'd like to see more things like this in future DLCs.
Seasonic SSR-650TD; Intel Core i5-6700K; Gainward GTX 1060 6GB Phoenix GS; 2x Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB; 2x Crucial MX500 2TB; 3x Seagate IronWolf Pro; Corsair Force MP510 960GB; 2x 24" AOC I2481FXH; Windows 10

www.etrusan.net
alphastar003

#5692 Post by alphastar003 » 19 Apr 2021 12:17

Vøytek wrote: 19 Apr 2021 10:49 As there have been dozens of posts again, I'll reply to few of the latest ones.

Even if there's no communication, it doesn't mean nothing is happening. We're working everyday like any company and fixes are being done, obviously. I personally fixed some floating/misplaced signs which appeared in our bugtracker and several typos in Spain or Portugal, on navigation signs.
Keep in mind, we can't dedicate 10 developers to bugfixing right now. There has to be progress with Russia. I'm pretty sure there'll be a patch with first part of bugfixing soon
JavitoSeinG wrote: 19 Apr 2021 09:14 You guys remind me of the people who laugh for making a mistake out of 10 hits, always looking at the mistake or what is missing when the remaining 90% is very very good.
Some posts are exactly like that. Not seeing any positives, any hard work all of us put into this for you, but nitpicking everything. I've been warned about very negative comments and I'm scared to look few pages back, because it may kill my motivation to put that much effort into signs in next DLCs...

About asphalt textures - it was discussed in the team and we realized there's literally zero variation in real life. You can check Street View in various regions in Spain and see basically the same asphalt everywhere. Some mappers changed asphalt where necessary, but those are very rare situations.
Thanks for the info on the updates ... and yes Indeed Iberia is a great dlc , it just needs a bit of polishing here and there a little bit of corrections , some bug fixings add some missing signs and stuff and it will be the best dlc ever :) , btw please do consider reading through this very detailed topic about some corrections needed (e.g. LED signs on highways are missing etc) : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=298720 ; Regards :)
taneorb

#5693 Post by taneorb » 19 Apr 2021 12:58

I can only speak from my own experience and obviously not being a naitive from Spain but it's the only other country aside from the UK where I've done a decent amount of driving IRL. I feel like the AP7 seems to be pretty much how it should be, although I've only managed to get down as far as Valencia and scale aside it definitely nails the feel of driving in Spain.

Obviously I'm not a local and I'm not going to go mental and complain that they didn't put the correct rock at junction 30 or whatever.

The bits I've driven honestly feel like a more polished version of Promods spain.

I did do a trip into Madrid but it was late at night and I couldn't see anything. I do want to see what the road is like from Madrid to Salamanca because IRL I remember that being a very undulating bit of road. I remember having to drop down the gears and go foot to the floor in the rental car I was driving just to keep the speed up.
Marcello Julio

#5694 Post by Marcello Julio » 19 Apr 2021 13:02

Those who follow SCS for a long time know how things work. They are always reading feedback from all the players. However, they cannot answer everyone, I bet they would like to, but it is impossible. As Vøytek said, just because they are silent doesn't mean they're not reading anything and they’re not working on it.
parasaurolophus67

#5695 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 19 Apr 2021 13:04

well that sucks if its gonna kill motivation. :/ (least we would know why v:)
angrybirdseller

#5696 Post by angrybirdseller » 19 Apr 2021 13:28

Spain built a lot of their Autovia and Autopista in the 1990s and the 2000s so it not going to use 1960s road technology. Spain has higher highways density than Germany actually these complaints about back roads are joke. The signage can get fixed incrementally they do it all the time in ATS.
killingjoke28336

#5697 Post by killingjoke28336 » 19 Apr 2021 13:45

Maybe it is time for a positive post. In my opinion the signs in this DLC are the best to date, I know where to go and they look close enough the the real ones so I really get that feeling that I'm driving in Spain/Portugal. I'm no local and of course they tend to be more nitpicking but these are really very small details. For me this DLC is just amazing, the landscape looks and feels realistic, as you would expect for a simulator. Kudos to you guys at SCS!
natjer3

#5698 Post by natjer3 » 19 Apr 2021 16:38

I would like to give my positive opinions about Iberia, because frankly, they totally overthrow the negatives. Yes they are good enough to make the negative ones look very minimal ngl. The sheer detail of this dlc is great. The beautiful icing on the cake is simply the new lighting. The cities just feel more like cities. The map size is also VERY large.

TIme to point something out, these signage problems were detected from locals who have been going using these roads and are used to Spain and/or Portugal. This means that closed betas might not have been able to lead to these changes.

I suggest that SCS allows locals of particular regions to have a closed beta so that they can give their own take, hence giving us a product which is bit more of a finished product, even to locals.
mackintosh

#5699 Post by mackintosh » 19 Apr 2021 18:01

Developer attempting emotional blackmail to silence critics is a new, interesting approach I have not yet seen. Congratulations SCS, you truly are innovative in every way.
Some newbie driver

#5700 Post by Some newbie driver » 19 Apr 2021 18:19

Emotional blackmail? To silence critics? What the hell have you smoke?

I'm seeing a person trying to see you all "as you will be satisfied with nothing, because you can only live to see mistakes, next time I will not loose sleep hours to properly finish the task". And trying to say that in a so polite way that doesn't cost him the job.

And with comments like yours, one can expect that's exactly what will happen.

Maybe what SCS should had to do is a new approach, let's try the "big studio style". Just release what the hell they want to do without don't lose a second in asking, commenting or sharing opinions here. Who knows, maybe they will gain as much money as now but will improve their life quality

Return to “General discussion about the game”