Iberia Discussion

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Iberia Discussion

#6031 Post by supersobes » 29 Jul 2021 15:58

Some newbie driver wrote: 29 Jul 2021 14:05 Funny thing is that we enter almost to the downtown of Barcelona.
Doesn't the sunken freeway with the tunnels in-game correspond with this road in the real world? This almost right in the middle of downtown Barcelona proper. I can't find a map of the Barcelona truck routes, but based on what I see in Google Maps, this seems to be the closet a semi truck would realistically be able to get to the city center.
Some newbie driver

#6032 Post by Some newbie driver » 29 Jul 2021 18:54

Yes it's the same road @supersobes, though we have not exactly that part due they had to cut it in length.

If you follow that road south it will go underground, then a small stretch that's "underground" only in south direction (that part we have it in the game) then more fully underground until the exit in the roundabout or, if following straight in the road, it will definitely go to surface not much later (as we have in the game) following the limits of the port zone of Barcelona (Zona Franca), with that graveyard in the mountain and those complex road interchanges very packed. All that road was built before 1992 Olympic games, it didn't exist at all (together with the Ronda de Dalt, completing the whole ring). They had to fit that "highway" from nowhere right in the middle of the city, under all those old and/or historic buildings and to do it in time for the games. That's why the sensation of lack of space, they really had to fight for every inch of space. That cause also one of the biggest problems of that road: it has no shoulders. Any car that goes broken or has a crash will consume one lane. Traffic jams are so usual that help BCN to be the Spanish city with worse traffic overall (although it's not I'm complaining, I remember how it was WITHOUT those ring roads and OMG...).

If you follow from that image of yours to the north you will meet the garbage incineration plant we have depicted in the game (the factory with some big chimneys near the road) and north there's the only place where the map isn't realistic at all; because there's 2 zones linking lots of roads that we have not in the game and would had consumed tons of space. I would had loved to see them in the game but objectively, there was no space. In all that sector the road isn't so constrained because those zones were all very old decepid industrial parts of the city that were completely demolished and rebuilt. Promods did a better depiction of that part of BCN in terms of road network, but to do so they had to model everything to fit such small space that roads are absurdly narrower in some points. At least some videos I saw time ago, maybe they changed it later.
JolliciousJosh wrote: 29 Jul 2021 15:12Iberia has a wide variety of existing companies found from the base (only Tree-ET). For agricultural industry, it has only two. One is a new, and the former is a agri-farming company based in France.
Iberia has three agricultural companies not 2: Casa Olivera and Huerta del Mar Menor are the new ones and Nos Pâturages is borrowed from VLF. Then it has 2 forestry companies, Tree-Et from base game and the new one cork-themed for Portugal.
plykkegaard wrote: 29 Jul 2021 14:47Not having the Black Iberian is close to an insult like not having the Mustang with the Great Planes (eg Wyoming) :D
Well, worse than insult, it's a miscalculation of Pavel & his crew: now they have lost the opportunity to taste some fine Pata Negra that could had been sent to them if they had depicted such pinnacle of our identity. :P :twisted:

Regards
taneorb

#6033 Post by taneorb » 30 Jul 2021 15:40

When I went to Girona for a holiday I had to drive back to El Prat and I'm pretty sure it took me through that underground stretch of uhh motorway? Or maybe there is another one idk?
krmarci

#6034 Post by krmarci » 31 Jul 2021 04:37

Jacksonshaulage1 wrote: 29 Jul 2021 05:58 .. i understand scs engine can't beat flight simulator 2020 on quality of map and places.
plykkegaard wrote: 29 Jul 2021 06:57 ETS2 is done i scale 1:19, MSFS is 1:1 scale
You can't compare the two

In ETS2 you need to cut 80% to get the road network to fit
Any model railroad is subject to the exact same design choices as you see in ETS2
You can take Miwula, Hamburg as an example it is very documented on youtube, or Grandmaket in Saint Petersburg also well documented
That's an underestimation. 1:19 means that the roads included are only 5.2% of their real length, meaning 94.8% of the included roads are cut.
Then you also have to consider that at this scale, the area (which is proportional to the size of the road network) is actually only 0.28% of its real life counterpart, meaning 99.72% of roads are actually cut from the game. (Of course, not all of these are important roads.)
Some newbie driver

#6035 Post by Some newbie driver » 31 Jul 2021 12:07

taneorb wrote: 30 Jul 2021 15:40 When I went to Girona for a holiday I had to drive back to El Prat and I'm pretty sure it took me through that underground stretch of uhh motorway? Or maybe there is another one idk?
If you follow the signals in the road then yes, you probably drive by there. Signals to go to BCN airport lead through the Ronda Litoral (B10). The other route would had been Ronda de Dalt (B-20, the other half of the ring road of BCN) that also has lot of underground sectors (and more that are actually being covered).

Although I never take that route to cross north/south BCN unless in late hours at night when there's no traffic. As I said, ring roads of BCN are well know to be prone to huge traffic jams. Traffic crossing North/South BCN that doesn't need to enter it use mainly the AP-7/B-30 main highway route we have in the game that circles the cities in the outskirts of BCN and its mountains. There are several extra kilometers doing that route if you are going to the airport (because you go away from the sea coast and need to return there), and there's also moments of the day where's easy to find traffic jams (in the last part approaching El Prat specially); but overall trip time use to be faster.

But I find curious you took the flight from El Prat, being from London as you are, if you went to Girona. I thought there were lots of air connections between London and the Girona airport that would allow you to save a long car trip.

Regards
taneorb

#6036 Post by taneorb » 31 Jul 2021 19:24

Ah ok so it probably was that road then, I remember it being pretty busy at the time even though it was early afternoon. It must be a nightmare during rush hour traffic.

As for the flight, I think it was out of season which it seems that flights from the uk to the smaller airports over there don't seem to have a regular schedule. Same goes for Tarragona, I try to look up flights for Reus aeropuerto and could never find the dates I needed. To be fair it's not such a bad drive from El Prat to both of them, I think it's like an hour.

Same goes for visiting Cádiz, although it's only happened once where I couldn't get flights to Jerez and had to go to from Sevillia instead.

As for the drives I enjoy it mainly because I'm on holiday but I find Spain doesn't have the same amount of traffic density as the south of the uk so it always seems less stresfull. I've gotta admit the Iberia dlc has made me miss visiting and roaming around
Some newbie driver

#6037 Post by Some newbie driver » 31 Jul 2021 21:29

Well, one thing I will give you all the credit: I remember the traffic on London and surroundings (I was there once, years ago) and certainly, BCN traffic it's a joke in comparison. :lol:

And it's true it's not so long trip from El Prat to Girona (about 1,5h with no jams); that could be enjoyed if you are on holidays and it's all new. It's just I find it strange the trip combination because I though they were so easy to find and cheap that an alternative wasn't worth it. Of course, you didn't said when it was that trip, shouldn't I supposed so much.

Hope you could visit us another time and enjoy it again. ;)

Regards
Esproquet

#6038 Post by Esproquet » 31 Jul 2021 21:30

Sorjo wrote: 28 Jul 2021 20:49 @Esproquet I mean spain ;)
There you go, somebody already posted it in the pre-research topic.
Madel wrote: 18 Jun 2019 17:16 Map with the exact locations of the Osborne Bulls
:arrow: :arrow: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ie ... 786316&z=6
You know, there are these bulls as well in Mexico, who knows... maybe time will bring them to a Mexican DLC.
Esproquet

#6039 Post by Esproquet » 31 Jul 2021 22:54

BTW, did they rework A-2? It appeared as unexplored to me, and when I was driving it I found this beauty next to Guadalajara.

[ external image ]
dsf.fernando

#6040 Post by dsf.fernando » 01 Aug 2021 18:00

JolliciousJosh wrote: 29 Jul 2021 15:12 Iberia has a wide variety of existing companies found from the base (only Tree-ET). For agricultural industry, it has only two. One is a new, and the former is a agri-farming company based in France. So why not add more, yet tricky secondary roads in the peninsula (similar to VLF where agri-farms are located such as in Clermont-Ferrand, Bourges, etc.) to complement new farming companies throughout the peninsula (both agricultural and animal-based), since it has a total of 49. Portugal seems to have none.
Portugal could have a company for transport of poultry and/or swine/goat cattle. I think the current cattle transporter can be used for pig cattle transport, only with minor adjustments to the model.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)

Return to “General discussion about the game”