Iberia Discussion

Jacksonshaulage1

Re: Iberia Discussion

#6021 Post by Jacksonshaulage1 » 29 Jul 2021 05:58

yes i do like i said barcelona city not industrial and my daughter is half Spanish she lives with her mum who is full spanish born in barcelona just outside the city.

im not saying scs did a bad job i would like more smalls roads etc and i understand scs engine can't beat flight simulator 2020 on quality of map and places.

I normally go few time a year too see my daughter.
harishw8r

#6022 Post by harishw8r » 29 Jul 2021 06:31

Well, in the game, Barcelona city means Barcelona industrial zone and not always the downtown.

Iberia is letdown? Fine. You want more back roads? That’s fine too. But saying “looks nothing like real life” is nothing but a baseless claim.
plykkegaard

#6023 Post by plykkegaard » 29 Jul 2021 06:57

Jacksonshaulage1 wrote: 29 Jul 2021 05:58 .. i understand scs engine can't beat flight simulator 2020 on quality of map and places.
ETS2 is done i scale 1:19, MSFS is 1:1 scale
You can't compare the two

In ETS2 you need to cut 80% to get the road network to fit
Any model railroad is subject to the exact same design choices as you see in ETS2
You can take Miwula, Hamburg as an example it is very documented on youtube, or Grandmaket in Saint Petersburg also well documented

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Jacksonshaulage1

#6024 Post by Jacksonshaulage1 » 29 Jul 2021 11:24

But ibreia is one best dlc for ets 2 and one day SCSsoftware will be up to same graphics quality as forza horizon or flight simulator
plykkegaard

#6025 Post by plykkegaard » 29 Jul 2021 11:31

Which is the tallest?
Empire State building or thunder

You can't compare the two as you can't compare the games
Yes can say you prefer apples over oranges

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#6026 Post by Some newbie driver » 29 Jul 2021 14:05

The Torgo wrote: 29 Jul 2021 02:33wow... calm down... it's just his opinion
I'm very calm, that doesn't change the fact he's filling the topic with nonsense and that I've no reason tho don't say it crystal clear.

There's lots of things that people could criticize about Iberia; I did it about some already. But he was ranting about lack of fidelity on something that is CARBON COPY of real world Barcelona. And that's not an opinion, it's a FACT that anybody who will drive by there could confirm without any doubt.
harishw8r wrote: 29 Jul 2021 06:31Well, in the game, Barcelona city means Barcelona industrial zone and not always the downtown.
Funny thing is that we enter almost to the downtown of Barcelona. That roundabout that has an off-ramp from a tunnel embedded in it? The exit is a 200m of one of the most centric and touristic parts of Barcelona (the well know "Ramblas"). The old city just arrives there and then all of a sudden starts the port area we can drive on. We aren't driving on the downtown, but we have it more in touch than with lots of other cities. As truckers IRL we couldn't either take any other route (unless with special permits) because any other street you could see there is forbidden to heavy vehicles. We take the only route that exists to arrive to the port area whose starting point is glued to the oldest part of the city.
Jatruck

#6027 Post by Jatruck » 29 Jul 2021 14:07

Now with livestock news in ATS, a curious thing in Iberia DLC is the lack of a local farming company (there is only Nos Paturages), with so many new companies as there are in this DLC.

Being as important as it's in real life in Spain, for example, they could have added something like "Granja Ibérica" or "Ganado Ibérico". :)
Some newbie driver

#6028 Post by Some newbie driver » 29 Jul 2021 14:25

@Jatruck that's true that there's a bit lack of local animal farming (not vegetal farming, there's 2 companies of that). I expected back in time Iberia to arrive with a proper reworking of the livestock trailer and cargoes (pigs for the sake of God!). Maybe they dumped the local animal farming companies due that trailer change not going to come in time and already too much work in the pipeline.

Whatever, I've no problem of the companies not being all local. That was something lot of people criticized in the past, that almost all companies changed just crossing one border. It's good to see companies spreading differently through the map. The best would be that reworks in older zones would include some of those newer companies too to improve that sensation (the last Germany rework lacked about that if I'm right).
plykkegaard

#6029 Post by plykkegaard » 29 Jul 2021 14:47

Some newbie driver wrote: 29 Jul 2021 14:25 I expected back in time Iberia to arrive with a proper reworking of the livestock trailer and cargoes (pigs for the sake of God!).
Not having the Black Iberian is close to an insult like not having the Mustang with the Great Planes (eg Wyoming) :D

JolliciousJosh

#6030 Post by JolliciousJosh » 29 Jul 2021 15:12

Iberia has a wide variety of existing companies found from the base (only Tree-ET). For agricultural industry, it has only two. One is a new, and the former is a agri-farming company based in France. So why not add more, yet tricky secondary roads in the peninsula (similar to VLF where agri-farms are located such as in Clermont-Ferrand, Bourges, etc.) to complement new farming companies throughout the peninsula (both agricultural and animal-based), since it has a total of 49. Portugal seems to have none.

Return to “General discussion about the game”