Iberia Discussion

Towel

Re: Iberia Discussion

#5291 Post by Towel » 10 Apr 2021 19:00

Fun fact for everyone:

There are hidden signs here and there that point out jokes to the modders.
In Valencia, there's says something like: "Modders here" and the name: ''Maarten".
I think promods is going to fix the things scs left out.
Marcello Julio

#5292 Post by Marcello Julio » 10 Apr 2021 19:17

There is no joke. These signs are the name of the developers who made the region. There are several easter eggs around Iberia map.
Esproquet

#5293 Post by Esproquet » 10 Apr 2021 19:19

Meseta Central has an average of 2200 km above sea level
I think that's a bit too much, maybe the highest points of Sistema Ibérico & Sistema Central mountain ranges. Northern meseta (from Madrid to the north) is around 800-900m and southern meseta is 600-700m. But I'm of the opinion that more steep highways would've been welcome.

I just completed the event. If I had to sum up in one single word my opinion of his DLC I'd pick:

BIG

I did more than 9.000 km and discovered 21 cities in the process (Puertollano is unavoidable when coming from Ciudad Real). I didn't even set wheels in Portugal, I still have plenty of cities to discover, more than what I have already discovered and I have the feeling of having driven a whole standard ATS DLC.

The double level roundabout in Arteixo (A Coruña) blew my mind!

My last jobs where in the north, I drove on the A-8 from side to side and I feel a lot of envy, it's perfect! I wish other parts of the map received the same treatment in the future, for instance, I have driven over a bunch of rivers that have no signage in game, namely the Guadalquivir.

About the highway system, it's perfect, it's what I always asked for. Removing one of the main radial-peripheral motorways and putting a secondary road because of scale reasons would have made no sense to me.

I have to revisit Murcia, Almería & Granada, the 3 most special cities for me in order to make a better judgement on these ones. I also wish Cartagena ends up receiving an industry (any).
Towel

#5294 Post by Towel » 10 Apr 2021 19:30

a2, a23,a44 could have been steeper imo. Hopefully we'll see some promods magic here.
btw is anyone else fps drops in cities? If so, how could i fix this?
Sora

#5295 Post by Sora » 10 Apr 2021 19:39

FierbetoN wrote: 10 Apr 2021 18:15 Yet they did just that with the some of the most important trucking roads in Romania.
And it's probably one of the biggest sticking points that people have with the DLC - it certainly is for me, at least. I'm thankful for a road network that actually feels like a road network.
Marcello Julio wrote: 10 Apr 2021 18:42 I still believe that Pyrenees and Andorra will come in a future update.
I'm somewhat optimistic about the Pyrenees, but I doubt we'll see Andorra. I'd love to see both of those, but SCS seems content to pretend that microstates don't exist.
Some newbie driver

#5296 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Apr 2021 20:19

plykkegaard wrote: 10 Apr 2021 18:46Meseta Central has an average of 2200 km above sea level
Now you are talking like if you were from Bilbao... and Bilbao would be in the Meseta. :lol:
P3TER_

#5297 Post by P3TER_ » 10 Apr 2021 20:26

Pyrenees, I do think so.

Andorra, I highly doubt it. Andorra is just more than 1km² on 1:19 scale and they haven't included San Marino, Liechtenstein or Mallorca, although the fist two are indeed quite somewhat smaller. I would rather have some more secondary roads to fill up the gaps in Spain or northern Portugal or Mallorca than Andorra to be honest.

And btw, can someone make a list of the hidden clues and easter eggs that point in the direction of new roads being added later on?
BRCKHMPTN

#5298 Post by BRCKHMPTN » 10 Apr 2021 20:26

After exploring the map some more, these should be the roads that may see the light of day sooner or later, if the devs don't abandon Iberia. These are all roads where a part of them is already mapped (only the road in most cases, no scenery and not for the entirety of them).
A24 between Viseu and Vila Pouca de Aguiar
IP3 between Viseu and Coimbra
Viseu should not be included as a functional city
A-52 between Ourense and Verín (quite extensive stretch of road already built)
A-23/N-330/N134 between Zaragoza and Pau (Huesca should not be included as a functional city)
As an extra, Ciudad Real has a good part of it that has been built and is accessible only with the devcam.

These are the ones that look clear to me the most, but once again we can't be sure if they will eventually be added. They surely were planned though and had to be excluded, almost surely, to speed up the release of the DLC. I've found some more where something could be planned as well, even though I'm not entirely sure, maybe I'll do another post when I have more time and I've explored the map a little bit more.
I'm sorry for the portuguese players though, because to me it looks like the A4 is out of the game, there's really no sign of it coming and even the part of the A-66 between Benavente and Salamanca has been left out so, unless they change it, there wouldn't be a connection with Zamora (which couldn't be a functional city anyway, too little space). No sign of a connection with the A-11 in Tordesillas as well, this is the road that links it to Zamora.
P3TER_

#5299 Post by P3TER_ » 10 Apr 2021 21:19

Thanks! Really hope they do update Iberia, like the rumors say.
jam4990

#5300 Post by jam4990 » 10 Apr 2021 21:27

what I saw with the devcam on the other side of the exit to the A75: maybe Vila Real is in the plans of a future update?
[ external image ]

and yes I also saw that maybe the a24 will be continued, the border of Vilar Formoso has been almost completely made so maybe it will be opened later?

Return to “General discussion about the game”