Iberia Discussion

xyzan

Re: Iberia Discussion

#5401 Post by xyzan » 12 Apr 2021 13:18

Indeed, I think most of people use GPS for driving, and don't look at signs at all... So, removing red tapes would not affect much most of the people, especially that you have XXXX bariers there as well.
plykkegaard

#5402 Post by plykkegaard » 12 Apr 2021 13:23

Imo the strike out on signs should be a thing of the past, from before SCS implemented the route adviser

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
J. Ritter

#5403 Post by J. Ritter » 12 Apr 2021 13:26

Agreed on the orange tape. I definitely have the mod loaded that removes it, and yes, I do the majority of my drives with the barriers disabled as well. I'd rather risk it than to see something that reminds me I'm in a game.

But, WOW! I am loving the DLC. Fantastic work and what quibbles we might have will be improved over time, I am sure. I just got a new truck in ATS and have been excited to drive it, but I just could not pull away from ETS2 this weekend!
Tandef

#5404 Post by Tandef » 12 Apr 2021 14:13

For those who have somewhat decent specs but experiencing noticeable frame drops below 60 in almost all cities: Try to reduce all of your 3 mirror graphics settings from high to medium, that was seemingly the main culprit for me.
dbddimov

#5405 Post by dbddimov » 12 Apr 2021 14:17

????? Bug after take a pause ???? https://imgur.com/a/JMakMFD
BRCKHMPTN

#5406 Post by BRCKHMPTN » 12 Apr 2021 14:29

Verify the integrity of the game files through steam, I saw that this was the solution for some people that had the same problem.
abasstreppas

#5407 Post by abasstreppas » 12 Apr 2021 14:46

@Tandef I reduced my mirror distance from ultra to high and already that made a significant difference ;)
Lindemann

#5408 Post by Lindemann » 12 Apr 2021 14:48

So far I'm loving the mod, great job from SCS

Anyway, I'm noticing that much more effort has been put on some areas in detriment of others, making some parts of the map look marvelous, and others more rushed or just abandoned.

For example, there are mid-sized cities where you notice a very, very good job recreating the distant scenery with residential block buildings (common sight in almost every Iberian city), but surprisingly, you go to other in-game cities and they just don't seem to exist although their names are there, making big areas feel much boring... an example I know in real life: I noticed today the in-game hub city of Leon looks totally dreadful (sorry, but I found it funny :lol: ), it's literally a few family houses with no distant scenery (unlike the one you can see in Salamanca for example); I mean, I've driven near Leon in real life, and from the motorways you can notice a urban landscape with many residential blocks and a huge (i mean huge!) cathedral. Meanwhile other in-game city scenery looks great when passing nearby, they look realistically sizable and very nice from a distance. Those differences can make the player feel that some parts of this huge map are plain boring and lacking scenery stuff.

And most importantly, I feel the Madrid ring is missing its essence; I recall there are some big skyscrapers you can see dozens of kilometers away when approaching Madrid, you can't miss them in real life! (along with seas of tall residential blocks), but in-game, all that urban environment is lost. And it's something SCS has done very well in other cities when driving near them (both in ATS and ETS). But in Madrid, with no skyline or 'distant' scenery, it seems like you are driving around an empty lot of desert. I've noticed today that some smaller cities like A Coruna, Malaga, or Vigo have a much better urban landscape than Madrid when driving near them.

But overall great job, thank you!
Last edited by Lindemann on 12 Apr 2021 15:36, edited 8 times in total.
dsf.fernando

#5409 Post by dsf.fernando » 12 Apr 2021 15:08

plykkegaard wrote: 12 Apr 2021 08:17 In EU when you have a round sign, with red border and a number it is a signed speed limit

Square blue sign with white characters is recommend speed
And, at least in Portugal, a round blue sign with white border is the minimum speed for transit. On Portuguese highways, all vehicles must run at least 50km/h. I don't know if this is implanted in the game's code.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
plykkegaard

#5410 Post by plykkegaard » 12 Apr 2021 15:28

dsf.fernando wrote: 12 Apr 2021 15:08 And, at least in Portugal, a round blue sign with white border is the minimum speed for transit.
Its generic in EU though it is not implmented in Denmark, we have no actual minimum speed due to conditions can cause low speed

We have a general rule that any motor vehicle which can and may be driven on a horizontal road at a speed of at least 50 km/h can use the the motorways in Denmark

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “General discussion about the game”