Iberia Discussion

Kirmes-Truck

Re: Iberia Discussion

#801 Post by Kirmes-Truck » 06 Jul 2020 10:19

@ SCS

A very important topic is Mountains/ mountain regions.

Here is a list from wikipedia of famous mountains.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... s_in_Spain
maziar1000

#802 Post by maziar1000 » 07 Jul 2020 18:22

I hope that the Gibraltar will be add and will be that amazing road across airport

https://youtu.be/58jaCJ5i9hU

I think, for sure will be Algeciras so is simply make Ceuta and ferryboat between these two cities. Ceuta is great and first point to make somethink with Africa :D

Another question is that whether it will be added Andora. I hope it will be
Shiva

#803 Post by Shiva » 07 Jul 2020 23:48

Question is, is there enough space for Gibraltar? I am not sure. Sadly.
Yes I want it.
And that amazing road across the airport?
On the east end of the runway, they have been building a tunnel, for many years.
So that cars and trucks wont need to cross the runway.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Some newbie driver

#804 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 Jul 2020 08:47

With a map and knowing the 1:19 scale of the game, Gibraltar will touch Africa if it would be included in the game. And I think that there's no need of say anything else.
LAFAYET47

#805 Post by LAFAYET47 » 08 Jul 2020 09:01

I have always wondered why people want so much those "weird" places like Gibraltar, Andorra, Ceuta and so on? Iberia per se is huge, I mean there are plenty of places in Spain and Portugal more relevant in trucking terms than than those ones.
Some newbie driver

#806 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 Jul 2020 09:06

Andorra could have a chance. It's waaaay bigger than Gibraltar, Ceuta or Melilla and more important: he's in the middle of the land so the scale is not a problem because the in-game model has space to grow; there's nothing else near that should be depicted and will cause an space conflict (on the contrary of Gibraltar, that it's a tinny peninsula which size you can't fake and that has in front one of the biggest ports in Spain that it's a must to be included).

Anyways, if something like Andorra would be included, it would be just alike a big town in a narrow valley along a secondary road crossing the Pyrenees. At the 1:19 scale there's no room for so many more and after all, it's not a bad depiction for its most relevant zones. Of course, a fuel station with very cheap prices would be mandatory. :lol:
Shiva

#807 Post by Shiva » 08 Jul 2020 13:25

To be honest @Some newbie driver Even or especially Algeciras would touch Africa.
Maybe that is the reason that Africa containing Ceuta is looking as it looks on the Editor background map?
Compared to what it was in patch 1.34.

Algeciras and Gibraltar, they would take space in the east/west direction, that might very well be too much to include both.

Is there any newer news than this?
Spanish company Refractaris awarded the contract for fire safety measures at the new Airport tunnel
About the Gibraltar airport tunnel?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Some newbie driver

#808 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 Jul 2020 13:44

But Algeciras could grow as much as necessary inland. They depict the dock on the coastline, as big as they have space, and the rest of the city could grow inland taking the space of other towns and flied there will be IRL and that will not be depicted on the 1:19 scale.

But Gibraltar doesn't have this option. Just the depiction in the game of the border customs zone will be larger than half the area of whole Gibraltar scaled down a 1:19. Lot of people wants to see the road crossing the airport runway. But that runway has 250m from barrier to barrier. If you scale down that runway, it will have just 13m wide... ridiculous, the size of a normal street. So, if they would depict it, they will have to maintain their size or almost. Let's say they do a 100m wide runway; nice enough... 100m in a 1:19 scale that means 1,9km of land occupied just by the runway. And Gibraltar is just 5km long from the border to the apex of the peninsula. Where do you fit the rest of the city AND the Rock? You can't, unless you reduce the rock (the true landmark of there) to a ridiculous size.

Gibraltar is going to be a landmark on the background, that's for sure. As a landmark, it can't be ignored. As a piece of land, it's not feasible to the scale of the game map and there's other places a lot more important than Gibraltar (regarding trucks, remember, that's the main point of the game).

And about Ceuta and Melilla, there's no point to model them as standalone splinters out of the map. If they come someday, it will be with a proper DLC of the Morocco and maybe other parts of northern Africa.

Regards
itsavenn

#809 Post by itsavenn » 09 Jul 2020 16:40

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/--A0xQqQbygo/ ... 600/01.jpg
about today's publication, where is this great sea port? Spanish friends must know very well where it is!
MANTGX

#810 Post by MANTGX » 09 Jul 2020 16:51

It is the port of Hamburg

Return to “General discussion about the game”