Iberia Discussion

Esproquet

Re: Iberia Discussion

#5421 Post by Esproquet » 12 Apr 2021 17:15

Yep.

BTW, after I formated my PC I observed less stuttering So it was partially my PC's fault not behaving as it should, I haven't tried ultra in the places that I suffered it most, but high AA and SSO seem to be just fine for my specs in Iberia.
plinio.lisboa.br

#5422 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 12 Apr 2021 17:20

Yes.
I support the idea it would be interesting to put some things written in the local language of some communities that have this uniqueness. I am also keen that these more regional flags do not appear, exactly to avoid controversy.

'' After all, the ETS2 game is based on national maps and international borders '' (my opinion), but these small regional details would be nice on the signs of bakeries, bars, other places. And the boundary plates of an autonomous community ('' states '') for outa would look good.
Spanish flags on the things in: customs, gas station, things like that would be good. (Border region - Spain - France, Spain - Portugal).

Nothing in the extravagant style of '' giant flags '', but I speak of those gas station masts, for example. You could have a Spanish flag at least at the first gas station (at the entrance and border or at the first customs) things like that. So definitely the trucker player would know ....
'' .... Oops, I think I'm in Spain! "

For example those symbols that SCS Software created on the border between Norway and Sweden, are very good, simple, discreet, and help the trucker player to realize that he is in the border area of the two countries. On the other hand, it is so discreet, that it does not break that other immersibility of the game that practically does not exist '' Frontier '', but that little mark makes a huge difference in geographic perception.

Why would it make life easier for players who are not very familiar with the European map, or who have been distracted by the ''European Union XXX'' (signs Blue), so perhaps when a flag of the country he ended up with was seen as soon as he entered Spain, Portugal, France to enter.
BRCKHMPTN

#5423 Post by BRCKHMPTN » 12 Apr 2021 17:42

Vøytek wrote: 12 Apr 2021 16:29 Unfortunately, I can't answer that. I had no idea there are so many of them in Spain! I knew at least one exists, maybe two.
Was it missed by our research team? Doubt it. Are many of them near highways we represented in game? If yes, maybe they were somehow missed by our mappers, but that would be weird if they all were blind when it comes to seeing huge bull statues... As I focused mostly on interchanges and looked at signs, I admit I didn't see a single one on SV.
There's surely at least 20 potential candidates for the DLC, as most of the roads where they are located have been included in the final map. And I'm pretty sure there's even more, as I didn't count every single one of them after a while, they were just too many :lol: (consider there are 91 in total in the map I linked in my post, even though 3 have been removed). But I can guarantee that at least 20 are in spots that we also have in the DLC (I dare to say that the actual number is between 40 and 50), in fact the majority of them in real life is generally placed very close to autovías and autopistas (so they can be spotted very easily), and we have plenty of them in the DLC. So yeah, I don't really know what the actual reasoning behind this was, or if it was some sort of inattention, but if you want you can definitely take this into consideration, as it would greatly improve the overall immersion and I'm sure many people (including me of course) would appreciate it.
I'd say, maybe 10 would be a good number, or between 10 and 15, but you do your evaluations of course. Again, thank you very much for taking your time to listen to the community, I personally appreciate and respect it a lot :)
Paulebaer1979

#5424 Post by Paulebaer1979 » 12 Apr 2021 18:09

Can someone tell me where to find an iveco dealer?
Some newbie driver

#5425 Post by Some newbie driver » 12 Apr 2021 18:17

@Paulebaer1979 in front of the garage of Zaragoza there's one.
Esproquet

#5427 Post by Esproquet » 12 Apr 2021 19:20

Beautiful, although I think the airport belongs to El Prat de Llobregat (neighbour city to Viladecans).
supersobes
Global moderator

#5429 Post by supersobes » 12 Apr 2021 19:56

So if I understand correctly, the roads in Spain that are labeled as AP-00 are Autopistas and the roads labeled as A-00 are Autovías. What are the roads that are labeled B-00?
Esproquet

#5430 Post by Esproquet » 12 Apr 2021 20:40

If it's a blue board with white letters different than A, then it means it's an urban autovía, in that case B is for Barcelona. You'll find many others: HU for Huelva, V for Valencia, M for Madrid, SE for Sevilla, VA for Valladolid...

Here are some urban autovías:
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor%C ... spa%C3%B1a

If the colour is orange, then it means it's a regional road, it may be high density (autovía, not blue but orange because it's not national) or a regular regional-primary road.
Examples that you can find in game: A-92 is an Andalusian road that crosses that region from east to west, I believe the name 92 is from the year it was intented to be finished (1992).
RM-414 east of Murcia (RM means Región de Murcia) connects with the CDS depot in another region, so the road changes in the border between regions to CV-840 (CV Stands for Comunitat Valenciana, the region between Murcia and Catalunya).

[ external image ]

Old national roads are red.

Secondary and tertiary roads are green and yellow respectively.
Last edited by Esproquet on 12 Apr 2021 20:53, edited 7 times in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”