Iberia Discussion

dsf.fernando

Re: Iberia Discussion

#5481 Post by dsf.fernando » 13 Apr 2021 18:26

After the following piece of road located after the Pombal service area (the first service area you find when going from Coimbra to Lisbon)
[ external image ]

I found the following urban location there may be a stub of Leiria (the real world location is near the same, only needing to be pushed a little westwards
[ external image ]

Real life aerial image of the Cova das Faias industrial zone
[ external image ]

Comparing the real life Zicofa zone with the supposed counterpart
[ external image ]

The fact that road crosses underneath A1 makes it unmistakable this location is Leiria, surprisingly accurate for a place which did not made the final cut for the cities map. After the A1 bridge, there is a stub of a village that certainly is Pombal, since that bridge is an unofficial border between both cities
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
gaillard

#5482 Post by gaillard » 13 Apr 2021 18:28

@some newbie about @pigbrother: I guess there's a lot of "0"-"F9" involved.
dsf.fernando

#5483 Post by dsf.fernando » 13 Apr 2021 18:32

BRCKHMPTN wrote: 13 Apr 2021 18:24
Hmm I don't think so, IC9 actually runs quite far from Ponte de Sor.
Now i need to correct myself: there is actually a project to link IC9 to Ponte de Sor (in a non-continuous way. From Tomar to Abrantes, the path will be made through A13 and A23). Not sure if SCS even had awareness of such project.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
FloxAir

#5484 Post by FloxAir » 13 Apr 2021 18:37

Trenero wrote: 13 Apr 2021 14:20 Hello, is anyone else feeling that Iberia lacks Garages and repair workshops in some places?, specially playing the DLC Special transport(I've made a post about it) I noticed that in the case of Olhao the nearest garage is +350km if you want to change trucks for the Special transport, for that distances you start to lose some time traveling it.(there are no Garage to cover the south of Portugal, neither in Olhao or Faro)
But in the case of Gijon is even worst because the nearest garage is +300km but Gijon laks the Repair workshop to atleast change trucks configurations for the special transport. (In the Cantabric coast between A Coruña-Bilbao there are not Garages +650km with nothing,I think Gijon Should have a Garage to cover the Cantabric Coast or atleast a repair workshop, the nearest one to Gijon is in Leon and go to Leon and back to Gijon is +340km only to change configurations )

[ external image ]

What do you think?
I can't tell any other city, besides Iberia ones, where you have a garage and don't have repairs. Maybe there's a few, I just don't remember any.
Also, Lisbon is the only capital city without a garage, afaik.

I can't understand how people find this the best DLC ever.
I'm Portuguese and have all other DLC, bar some paint jobs. I'm a fanboy and my expectations were high, but SCS dropped the ball, imho.
I think Iberia feels very much like ATS, and I don't enjoy it that much. Sure it looks like you're driving in a highway in Portugal (with all the speed limits wrong, btw) and Spain, but that's it, no depth.
That's why I feel this one lazy (or rushed out by the financial department), or maybe I'm just disappointed or burnt out by the 800H on ETS2.

Hope for some patch in the near future could bring some happiness to this old virtual trucker.
Trenero

#5485 Post by Trenero » 13 Apr 2021 18:40

parasaurolophus67 wrote: 13 Apr 2021 14:53 I don't have problems if there isn't a service in every city, Kinda feels too crowded with all the services in every city/town. More spaced out is pretty good in my opinion
The problem for example with Gijon is that is the starting point of a Special Transport job and it don't have garage to change trucks quickly or repair shop to change the truck configuration, the case of Olhao is similar but atleast it have a repair shop to change configurations.
I think that Gijon(In real life Gijon is bigger than A Coruña), Faro/Olhao and maybe Ciudad Real should have garages and repair shop to cover better the space, and have a garage at least each 300km.
Shiva

#5486 Post by Shiva » 13 Apr 2021 18:43

BRCKHMPTN wrote: 13 Apr 2021 15:04
The bridge is not in the game as its area irl hasn't been mapped, you can see it if you open the editor and go to the content browser in the "landmarks" section. I also think that the IP3 would be kind of short as we're not left with much space there, but I think it is just about enough to make it. Besides being a relevant road and the fastest connection between Coimbra and Central/Northern Spain, it also features some great views in my opinion... I love that section over the Mondego river. I believe it is safe to say that it is the best section between Viseu and Coimbra. Sure, if they ever decide to include this road, it won't be easy to recreate that part in particular due to the little space available, so they could just ignore it in the end (hopefully not), but we'll see.
I can not se any way that there would be place for Mondego River, between Viseu and Coimbra. Sadly.
IvanKuz wrote: 13 Apr 2021 15:22 This actually annoys me, because I honestly feel like I was robbing SCS by paying the standard price for Iberia. Even with all the unfinished stuff, it is still almost twice as much new content, if krmarci's calculations are to be believed.
I agree on the robbing. And if even more roads would have been, then double robbing even!
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
abasstreppas

#5487 Post by abasstreppas » 13 Apr 2021 18:45

I'm wondering if SCS consider making an Iberia add-on DLC to make some extra dollars. Look at all those empty spaces on the map. They could add special industries/raw material depots on a lot of places. I think this could be something for future map DLC's which have large, maybe empty areas, like Russia. Selling DLC add-on for map DLC's = more money in the bank :P
plinio.lisboa.br

#5488 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 13 Apr 2021 18:50

Several players had good additions with Andorra and Gibraltar. I explain it in a very general way.
Gibraltar has, besides the passage through the airport as an attraction, it also has other attractions which are: narrow streets and avenues, business logistic parks that have many companies and very tight spaces, sometimes with only 1 or 2 loading decks and that allows only 1 or 2 2 types of unloading. So it would be quite challenging for the players. It has a very interesting economic diversity.

The Principality of Andorra also has a very nice economy, and the strong points would be the traditional highway passing through the mountains that has wonderful scenic views, requires a lot of caution from the truck driver, and also the new highway that has a magnificent tunnel. s

As for the cargo and economy question, it would basically be centralized in the capital of the Principality of Andorra, and in the city of Sant Julià de Lòria,
Fontaneda has a mountain road and some very interesting cattle farms, Andorra also known for exporting meat.La Massana, Ordino, must have something industrial, attractive road access with tunnels.Arinsalse does not fail my memory owns a mineral water company and also exports.
Principality of Andorra imports food heavy construction machinery there is a need for construction companies in the country vehicles for dealerships.

In a great summary what the community seems to want is that the Pyrenees mountains n can appear with the highways passing through the mountains and see the sides of rocks as well worked as in the American Truck Simulator.

I think that's it, having the same feeling of crossing the rocky mountains. But it also has these little details and differences. One of the best routes has a very economically active Principality in the center.

A general attraction in which the two countries have active border customs. So there is a certain process to enter the territories of Andorra and Gibraltar.

Gibraltar could also receive heavy machinery due to the construction of the tunnel that will be the future main access, which will pass under the airport runway. The work on this tunnel is taking too long to be completed, with trucks and heavy cargo passing through it.
The airport runway may in the future suffer another intervention with an overpass where current access would pass under the airport runway. But that is just speculation for now.
BRCKHMPTN

#5489 Post by BRCKHMPTN » 13 Apr 2021 19:02

FloxAir wrote: 13 Apr 2021 18:37 Also, Lisbon is the only capital city without a garage, afaik.
Lisbon has a garage but it is actually closer to Setúbal.
dsf.fernando wrote: 13 Apr 2021 18:26 The fact that road crosses underneath A1 makes it unmistakable this location is Leiria, surprisingly accurate for a place which did not made the final cut for the cities map. After the A1 bridge, there is a stub of a village that certainly is Pombal, since that bridge is an unofficial border between both cities
Sorry to disappoint you again but this is where that intersection is https://www.google.it/maps/@39.4796226, ... a=!3m1!1e3
I have checked all Portugal the other day to see if there were unfinished cities or possible extensions, and I can tell you Leiria is not there and is quite surely out of question with the layout of the map we have.
Shiva

#5490 Post by Shiva » 13 Apr 2021 20:43

plinio.lisboa.br wrote: 13 Apr 2021 18:50 Several players had good additions with Andorra and Gibraltar. I explain it in a very general way.
Gibraltar has, besides the passage through the airport as an attraction, it also has other attractions which are: narrow streets and avenues, business logistic parks that have many companies and very tight spaces, sometimes with only 1 or 2 loading decks and that allows only 1 or 2 2 types of unloading. So it would be quite challenging for the players. It has a very interesting economic diversity.

Gibraltar could also receive heavy machinery due to the construction of the tunnel that will be the future main access, which will pass under the airport runway. The work on this tunnel is taking too long to be completed, with trucks and heavy cargo passing through it.
The airport runway may in the future suffer another intervention with an overpass where current access would pass under the airport runway. But that is just speculation for now.
The Gibraltar Airport Tunnel, latest news, late? last year, was it that it should be finished this summer.
Having the runway access, that might take too much space. I think the tunnel would take less space. I do not think that SCS will do Gibraltar, ProMods might maybe do it?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”