Iberia Discussion

Vinnie Terranova

Re: Iberia Discussion

#2841 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 15 Jan 2021 14:55

I don't care about Andorra. I do care about Andorra la Vella, as it is a very beautiful city. I also do care about the road to/from Andorra, as it is a beautiful drive. I really don't know if SCS put Andorra / Andorra la Vella into Iberia. If they don't I hope, I really hope that ProMods will put Andorra la Vella and/or the road to this city into the game.
xyzan

#2842 Post by xyzan » 15 Jan 2021 15:03

Andorra la Vella is already in promods. Question is, if it will stay after Iberia.
plykkegaard

#2843 Post by plykkegaard » 15 Jan 2021 15:35

Andorra la Vella was very popular when it was introduced in Promods, I made parts of thre southern tool gates :oops: if they still exists in the mod
Also a nice drive from France to the city

No time at all for modding since a couple of years, a bit unfortunate but work and RL take their toll

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#2844 Post by Some newbie driver » 15 Jan 2021 15:43

plykkegaard wrote: 15 Jan 2021 12:19Forget if the country is way to small to be represendted i ETS2
On the contrary, the country is perfect to be represented into the game. Because IRL it's a single main road that winds through the valley from Spanish side to the "Pas the la Casa" mountain pass that leads to France. There's of course roads that diverge but they go only to small town and zones with no exit and no reason for a semi-truck to go.

And as all the main towns of Andorra are all glued one after the other along that road, SCS would not even need to effort looking how to separate them to give sensation of space (one of the problems they face due scale). They only need to do a mountainous pass (if they want, most of it could be substituted by the Envalira tunnel) followed by a long urban zone along the road with a river on the side all the time. The French border (that it's a relatively small building) and the Spanish border (that it's a bigger building) and done. The almost contiguous urban zone is 10km long IRL, at game escale they could do more than 1 km (and that would be a smaller scale than most cities) and even doing so it would be a pretty good amount of city.

Regards
jackalnxt

#2845 Post by jackalnxt » 15 Jan 2021 15:45

Given that the release of Iberia had to be delayed, there is no chance of Andorra upon release. Depending on the road network, however, it can be a neat free update in the future.
Esproquet

#2846 Post by Esproquet » 15 Jan 2021 16:14

It is a common aggreement that there will be at least 2 roads connecting France & Spain via E-5 (AP-8) & E-15 (AP-7), what it is left to see is if there is going to be a third or even a fourth access via a secondary road, maybe Candanchú via E-7 (N-330) to Huesca-Zaragoza (not too far from Lacq-Pau)? Or shall we even receive Andorra as a fourth pass of the Pyrinees? It is all up to the cities they decide to create, the remaining space and their developing capabilities.

I would love Andorra since its inclusion will probably bring my birth town (at least it's in ProMods), I could do the salmon way all the way up the Segre river.
Some newbie driver

#2847 Post by Some newbie driver » 15 Jan 2021 16:27

jackalnxt wrote: 15 Jan 2021 15:45Given that the release of Iberia had to be delayed, there is no chance of Andorra upon release.
Iberia was not released due it was not finished in time (the mapping). So, wether we have or not Andorra into the game, it would had been a decision made lots of months ago by SCS and not affected by that delay.

Regards
plykkegaard

#2848 Post by plykkegaard » 15 Jan 2021 16:41

Some newbie driver wrote: 15 Jan 2021 16:27 Iberia was not released due it was not finished in time (the mapping).
Exactly, I watching the stream from yesterday with Truckerdog, he told they are not finished with the new lighting system all balls in the basket has been in the air and this is the reason why Iberia is heavlly delayed, as explained a lot of times by SCS

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Esproquet

#2849 Post by Esproquet » 16 Jan 2021 09:33

NewCoolMapper wrote: 14 Jan 2021 08:25 Badajoz probably coming? Hope that won’t leave Évora out. They’re 100 kms apart so I think that’s fine.
We are having smaller distances in game, Madrid-Guadalajara is barely over 60 km and Lisboa & Setúbal is under 50 km. Sagunto is even closer to Valencia, just under 30 km! The question is, will these make it to independent cities or will their deliver depots belong to the metropolis?

Évora should at the very least be visible or have a rest area next to the E-90.
krmarci

#2850 Post by krmarci » 16 Jan 2021 10:53

Guadalajara was in the Madrid blog post - I think that hints at it being part of Madrid.

Return to “General discussion about the game”