Iberia Discussion

krmarci

Re: Iberia Discussion

#6121 Post by krmarci » 02 Sep 2021 06:35

@SenseFM the middle section of A-52 is missing as well.
SenseFM

#6122 Post by SenseFM » 02 Sep 2021 18:28

Thank you all for your comments, you've all made very interesting suggestions! I did avoid some shorter roads because of the possible lack of space.

@IvanKuz @Shiva It's true that N-432 could be prolonged to Badajoz, I didn't remember that there was another end of that road in the city. There's also that unused part of Ciudad Real with the Puerta de Santa María monument, if a road was added there, I think it could eventually intersect N-403 and join A-5, since there's a closed exit there next to Maqueda.

@Esproquet That route would have lots of variety! I didn't include regional roads in the concept map but there seems to be plenty of space between A-92 and A-30.

@Trenero It would be great to have A-67 or N-611 too, but at the moment there isn't any closed interchange or exit to these roads along A-231. A possible solution would be to prolong N-121 from Las Quintanillas and make it connect with N-611.

@krmarci Yep, completing A-52 would make lots of sense, too.
Some newbie driver

#6123 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 Sep 2021 18:55

As I saw it, any extra road they could complete would be by any of those three reasons:

A- It's a work that was almost done but didn't arrived in time
B- It's a work that was cut from the release on purpose and leveraged time after to train new employees.
C- Its a work that wasn't completed due technical reasons and if we ever have it will be because they change something in the game that allows them to reach the desired result

We have got 1 road due A in Portugal, I don't expect more than another 1 with a bit o luck due that reason. Option B has to (probably) compete with reworks (and as it seems they had taken cruise speed with those again...). Option C means we have to wait a lot longer. If when we saw the Austrian rework the mountainous zones aren't so great (I'm, thinking specially on drawing distance), then we will know why we still don't have a road through Pyrenees.

Whatever, if something else arrives I would be the first one to enjoy it; but at the same time I'm going to expect no more additions to Iberia in the short to mid run. You know, not expecting anything more I could not become disappointed if I'm wrong.

Regards
Trenero

#6124 Post by Trenero » 02 Sep 2021 23:26

@SenseFM They have different options with the current map:
  • Continue from the nord of Burgos the N623 all the way to Santander. the most boring option.
  • Options that include a new city Aguilar de Campoo (Biscuits industry) in my opinion the best options because this option will have the possibility to add a Food manufacturer prefab in Aguilar (Kolico, LavisFoods...) simulating one of the multiple biscuit factories that exist in Aguilar in real life.(Aguilar is where almost all the Spanish Biscuits manufacturers have their factories).
    • Continue from the nord of Burgos the N627 toward Aguilar de Campoo and from Agilar continue the A67 or the N611(Both exits are modeled in Cantabria 230 and 228 so they can pick what to do maybe the easiest is the A67) to Santander.
    • Continue from the exit 152(Vitas power if i remember right) in the A231 until they conect with the N611, A-67 or N627 and from there reach Aguilar the Campoo like the other option.
  • The most ambitious and most labor intensive one, make the exit 337 on the A8 (Colunga) and do the AS260-N625-N621-N625 until reach Leon this will be the longest and with more mountain roads, They have the option of do the exit 319 (Ribadesella) and N634-N625-N621-N625 until reach Leon.
    This option is the least probable(but we can still dream :D because is the one will need the most work but is one with the most challenging because include step and narrow mountain passes

Other thing I noticed is that in the A-5 they modeled the exit 74, so maybe in the future they can include the N-403 (Salamanca-Ciudad Real), passing throgh Avila and Toledo.
hugo206

#6125 Post by hugo206 » 03 Sep 2021 13:32

Trenero wrote: 01 Sep 2021 23:02 I'm agree with the roads suggested and I miss a road on the north too, between Gijon-Santander that should connect with the A-231 between Leon-Burgos.
They have diferent options for that like the option of add the A67 but maybe a challenging national road will give more variety for example the N-611, or a more difficult mountain pass like the N-621+N-625 or N634+N625+N621+N625 (The last two I think are the ones with best scenery specially the last one in my opinion)
Something in the purple circle area
completely agree with you. I am from torrelavega and I need an intermediate connection in that circle that you indicate. Likewise, a road from torrelavega to santander would have been more correct than going through solares , when you come from the Asturian area. I'm still in love with this DLC.
Last edited by supersobes on 03 Sep 2021 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image from quote [Forum rule 2.3]
hugo206

#6126 Post by hugo206 » 03 Sep 2021 13:46

Trenero wrote: 02 Sep 2021 23:26 @SenseFM They have different options with the current map:
  • Continue from the nord of Burgos the N623 all the way to Santander. the most boring option.
  • Options that include a new city Aguilar de Campoo (Biscuits industry) in my opinion the best options because this option will have the possibility to add a Food manufacturer prefab in Aguilar (Kolico, LavisFoods...) simulating one of the multiple biscuit factories that exist in Aguilar in real life.(Aguilar is where almost all the Spanish Biscuits manufacturers have their factories).
    • Continue from the nord of Burgos the N627 toward Aguilar de Campoo and from Agilar continue the A67 or the N611(Both exits are modeled in Cantabria 230 and 228 so they can pick what to do maybe the easiest is the A67) to Santander.
    • Continue from the exit 152(Vitas power if i remember right) in the A231 until they conect with the N611, A-67 or N627 and from there reach Aguilar the Campoo like the other option.
  • The most ambitious and most labor intensive one, make the exit 337 on the A8 (Colunga) and do the AS260-N625-N621-N625 until reach Leon this will be the longest and with more mountain roads, They have the option of do the exit 319 (Ribadesella) and N634-N625-N621-N625 until reach Leon.
    This option is the least probable(but we can still dream :D because is the one will need the most work but is one with the most challenging because include step and narrow mountain passes

Other thing I noticed is that in the A-5 they modeled the exit 74, so maybe in the future they can include the N-403 (Salamanca-Ciudad Real), passing throgh Avila and Toledo.
very good option what you say about aguilar de campoo, also the detour exists in the DLC (although it is closed)
Joan93

#6127 Post by Joan93 » 03 Sep 2021 22:20

I've just noticed that in Albacete there's this indicator to an Iveco dealer, with the Pegaso logo:

[ external image ]

Although Pegaso was bought by Iveco +25 years ago, it's still very popular and remembered nowadays in Spain. In fact, also for Iveco:

https://www.iveco.com/Spain/Pages/IVECO ... sario.aspx
https://www.iveco.com/iveco-pegaso/Page ... egaso.aspx

So yes, nice detail. Thank you for that SCS!
dsf.fernando

#6128 Post by dsf.fernando » 05 Sep 2021 23:42

Some newbie driver wrote: 29 Aug 2021 20:41 The usual approach is not to put separators on single lane roads; because if for any reason the lane becomes blocked, the traffic becomes completely stuck and it's hard for emergency services to arrive too. They only put them where there's too many accidents due trespassing to the reverse lane.
In this case, i mentioned single lane roads because of this separator which, as you can see by the right side picture, is used in this point of a 1-by-2 road which may have been turned to a single-lane road due to space constraints.

[ external image ]
The only other nearby road which include concrete separations i could find was N-113 (redundant/too close to IC9 to be considered). But, on the other side of the bridge, near Coimbra, there are similar points close to the IC2 points made by SCS, including being very close to the ones spotted on those pictures, or inside Coimbra itself. After Coimbra, the incidences of such template in a single lane road are in a bridge in Águeda and near Albergaria, most of the road through Albergaria.

As another comparison, a nearby point which its ingame representation (for now)
[ external image ]

Making those parts of IC2 usable may demand a partial Coimbra rebuild, as the southern exit leads directly to A1 instead of continuing to IC2 (the northern exit to Mealhada is correct), but i think this and N2 are viable as minor roads for the Portuguese part of the map

By the way, was Pegaso popular in Portugal too?
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Quark

#6129 Post by Quark » 06 Sep 2021 21:27

Some newbie driver wrote: 02 Sep 2021 18:55 If when we saw the Austrian rework the mountainous zones aren't so great (I'm, thinking specially on drawing distance), then we will know why we still don't have a road through Pyrenees.
Seriously, i don't think this is an issue anymore. Just recently, i have driven from Colorado all the way up to northern Washington in ATS through some of the most mountainous parts of both games and did not encounter even just a single
visible mountain pop up in the distance. Yeah it's ATS but the same should be true for ETS2 of course. Don't know if they actually increased the drawing distance just recently (of course, nothing officially stated i know) or whatever but TO ME, somehow, i have the feeling i can look more into the distance than before :man_shrugging:
Some newbie driver

#6130 Post by Some newbie driver » 06 Sep 2021 21:36

The drawing distance has not been touched for sure. The map mods section would be a never ending party if that would had happened any time recently.

Terrain shape and distribution linked with proper selection of road layout can help mitigate some things, not all. I don't know that road you mention so I can't judge what happens there. The simplicity of the scenery in older parts of ETS that belong to Alps doesn't help to hide the drawing distance problem (plain and simple, isn't so much to see apart of popping mountains).

As I said, when we see the Austrian rework we will know what to expect regarding Pyrenees, if ever.

Regards

Return to “General discussion about the game”