Iberia Discussion

Marius08

Re: Iberia Discussion

#5661 Post by Marius08 » 18 Apr 2021 08:54

I restarted ets2 about 5 years after I last played it just to give a car transporter mod a try mostly, and I bought this DLC as well. Iberia looks really nice, anyway in my opinion the base map is still the central point of the game since you have to cross it several times, and it still feels dull and dated, especially Germany. The atmosphere/detail of the ATS map is on another level imo.
AlexxxF1

#5662 Post by AlexxxF1 » 18 Apr 2021 08:56

supersobes wrote: 17 Apr 2021 22:50 Similar to each new country in ETS2, each new state in ATS requires research on all the special types of signs, signals, and pavement markings that are specific to just that one state.
you are right because the United States of America = United Countries of America - just a translation trick
every state in USA it's like every every country in Europe.
all countries obey to WashingtonDC

it's like almost the same - European Union = Union States of Europe
all countries obey to Brussels
xXCARL1992Xx

#5663 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Apr 2021 09:06

no its not, the USA is a country with 50 states, the EU is a union of 27 countries where it has its own government and representative for other countries, if you want to compare the US you have to compare it to a country like Germany with its 16 states, the only difference is that the US is more complicated in law

i never saw any sports even where California or Texas were a team, it is always the USA, same with EU it is Germany, France or Italy and not EU that is a team
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#5664 Post by plykkegaard » 18 Apr 2021 09:22

It really depends on what you are looking at and what you'd like to see
On paper we are sovereign nations :)

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Esproquet

#5665 Post by Esproquet » 18 Apr 2021 10:11

Oversimplifying things, the EU rules serve to facilitate commerce and cohesion among all member states. Saying that all member states obey to Brussels is an understatement, the Council and the Eurochamber are supposed to represent all states... Yet if a country can't get things straight on its own, go imagine 27.
Lolsmurf

#5666 Post by Lolsmurf » 18 Apr 2021 11:02

Tbh this whole USA vs EU signage thing is an off topic discussion. If you release an iberian DLC you make sure your signs are correct, period. If Iberia signage at once is too big of a challenge (everyone knows spanish signs and how crazy they can be) they had to do a Spain DLC and Portugal DLC seperately. SCS took the decission to take on this large chunk of europe at once and this has had a negative impact on the quality.

If Texas releases with bad signage like Iberia did we will make the same thread for ATS, dont worry. But seeing the guys at ATS and the massive improvements and focus on signage (service signs, weight station signs, route shields, navigation signs,...) I doubt the signage will be lacking and off like Iberia.

What worries me a bit tbh is how SCS has not responded to any of the feedback yet, apart from some staff like Voytek. I would have expected a target date or some communication for a first patch to fix some of the easier to fix issues.
The DLC released almost 2 weeks ago and pure silence... Meanwhile, their steam review rating is tanking for this DLC. A simple: "We heard you and we will work on a first patch to fix some of the issues within a month"
abasstreppas

#5667 Post by abasstreppas » 18 Apr 2021 11:40

You guys must chill on the sign-subject. There is no good quality level of signs anywhere in ETS2. You can't expect them to do every sign exactly as they are in real life. It's a computer game, roads are too wide, highways are too curvy, lights shines through bridges and other objects, and so on. Nothing is perfect.

If the signs are so very important, why didn't this discussion happen in the pre-research thread or in a separate thread long before the release of Iberaia :?
Lolsmurf

#5668 Post by Lolsmurf » 18 Apr 2021 11:54

abasstreppas wrote: 18 Apr 2021 11:40 You guys must chill on the sign-subject. There is no good quality level of signs anywhere in ETS2. You can't expect them to do every sign exactly as they are in real life. It's a computer game, roads are too wide, highways are too curvy, lights shines through bridges and other objects, and so on. Nothing is perfect.

If the signs are so very important, why didn't this discussion happen in the pre-research thread or in a separate thread long before the release of Iberaia :?
That's a false dilemma. Nobody asks for signs exact like the IRL ones and everything to be1 on 1 accurate. But not knowing the difference between autovia and autopista signs? Not knowing speed limits for Spain or Portugal ? Using overly simplified navigation signs with wrong road names or even english city names?

Say what you want, but for SCS anno 2021 and as their latest dlc that stuff has zero excuses. Yes signs on other parts of the map are bad too, but dont forget SCS was just a very small company with a handful of mappers doing all the work. Right now they are a company of almost 200 employees, one can ask a bit of more quality, especially seeing how they managed to do that for ATS a while ago already.

Additionally, some parts of Iberia are just barren and completely unfinished, there is absolutely no excuse for this and that's what we try to say.
Let's hope we get a fix or some communication on a fix soon, people expect more of their DLC's than 2 or 5 years ago and this is completely normal.
plykkegaard

#5669 Post by plykkegaard » 18 Apr 2021 11:58

Noone exepcted that SCS would leave large pieces of infrastructure unsigned
I mean roundabout and priority ahead and road markings, lines and symbols doesn't seems to be too difficult
Wrong models is one thing but total absence of signage is another
This is mostly in the south IIRC

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
abasstreppas

#5670 Post by abasstreppas » 18 Apr 2021 12:14

Wrong speed limit signs are bugs and should be reported as, the same with missing/wrong placed signs. What I'm talking about is more the layout of those special looking Spanish signs, they don't need to be a perfect copy of the real one.

Return to “General discussion about the game”