Iberia Discussion

plinio.lisboa.br

Re: Iberia Discussion

#5621 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 17 Apr 2021 08:20

Look at the ''indieplaying" game evaluation site Player made a good variation of SCS Software.

https://indieplaying.com/en/iberia-dlc-date/
Esproquet

#5622 Post by Esproquet » 17 Apr 2021 11:14

The only achievement that no one seems to have got is the scenic cutscenes, or at least it's been achieved by so few people that Steam stats are still at 0%.
festmache

#5623 Post by festmache » 17 Apr 2021 11:38

I've only seen four yet :o, but I'm definitely going to see all of them when I'm near them.
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#5624 Post by Some newbie driver » 17 Apr 2021 12:21

supersobes wrote: 17 Apr 2021 00:56In the font that is used on the speed limit signs in Spain, the six and the eight are difficult to distinguish from each other at a distance. It's hard to tell if the speed limit is 60 km/h or 80 km/h. Is it like that in real-life in Spain?
I noticed that too, but just when not using cabin zoom (so, IRL, obviously, things are way bigger from distance enough to see them correctly)

But I've always said that I like more the French fonts used in their signs than Spanish ones. Since lots of years ago, I've traveled a lot on the south of France and their signals had been always more readable than ours. All kind of signs.

Regards
Lolsmurf

#5625 Post by Lolsmurf » 17 Apr 2021 12:40

supersobes wrote: 17 Apr 2021 00:56 In the font that is used on the speed limit signs in Spain, the six and the eight are difficult to distinguish from each other at a distance. It's hard to tell if the speed limit is 60 km/h or 80 km/h. Is it like that in real-life in Spain?
It's not the font, it's the model scs uses. They still use the same lousy ets1 models for these round signs and they are too small to read.

Compare with Portuguese signs, which are much larger in the game and easier to read. The Portuguese speed signs received larger models hence the difference.

This is also the case for all warning signs, too small for freeway usage and almost unreadable.
RBos1975

#5626 Post by RBos1975 » 17 Apr 2021 12:41

Hello,

From me just a word of admiration what SCS Software did creating the Ibierian -DLC.
I love it!

I played for one and half a year mainly ATS since it fits my dream of discovering and driving in the USA. Before that I played ETS 2 regularly, and since that time the game made also other great improvements.
My compliments!
Addiction King
supersobes
Global moderator

#5627 Post by supersobes » 17 Apr 2021 13:55

@Lolsmurf @Some newbie driver Oh, that's interesting. I wonder why SCS only used one size for the signs in Iberia. In ATS, they recently added a whole a bunch of new sizes for the speed limit signs. It seems odd that they wouldn't do the same for Iberia, especially since they did it years ago the Vive la France DLC.

[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#5628 Post by plykkegaard » 17 Apr 2021 14:27

A lot of "funny" stuff is going on in Iberia
Eg the misuse of this sign at highway intersections and roundabouts
I have to do a follow up and check with google images if its Spain / Portugal or SCS which has a weird sense of signage
[ external image ]
[EDIT]
Ups I found a spot at an onramp, its not SCS who is mistaken, damn

[ external image ]

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
ErikMTL

#5629 Post by ErikMTL » 17 Apr 2021 14:36

Has anyone noticed some huge gaps with no rest areas? I was driving from Valladolid to Faro using the default routing, which would have been my final WoT contract of the Iberia event. I started looking for a rest area with three hours left on my clock. I passed one fuel station that according to the map had no rest area, and that's it. I eventually "dozed off" and wrecked, ending the contract and doing 40K euros of damage to my truck.

I've played ETS2 and ATS for over 2000 hours combined and I've never even seen the "dozing off" screen before. It's insane that there was no rest areas in all of that time (I had stopped looking at the clock at some point but it had to be at least six total in-game hours.)
mackintosh

#5630 Post by mackintosh » 17 Apr 2021 14:54

Aren't signs for ATS done by a different team/person?

Return to “General discussion about the game”