Iberia Discussion

Some newbie driver

Re: Iberia Discussion

#5991 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 Jul 2021 18:50

Things that happens when the air of the Sahara wants to take a tour to the north.

Now consider than the generations around 50 years ago traveled in holidays on those roads in minuscule cars (5 or 6 people plus luggage in a SEAT 600) without air conditioner neither the actual highways (so the travel take double or triple the time).

I still don't know how that generation survived... :lol:
gaillard

#5992 Post by gaillard » 08 Jul 2021 20:00

Windows open, warming at maximum, blower at full speed. So the coolant keeps a reasonable temperature.

Been there, done that, bought more oil...
Parked and walked in the shade. Took showers, cold, several. Keep sangria and Xeres ice cold. Eat later, much later.

We were only three but it was a Personal/4, with the kid having feet upon the tent on the floor, luggage on the roof bars.
And the tiny space in front trunk, of course.

Always order the tapas, you need the salt...
dsf.fernando

#5993 Post by dsf.fernando » 13 Jul 2021 15:36

Luckily i am protected by being at a seaside city (until friday where 35º temps and extreme risk of forest fires will start)
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Esproquet

#5994 Post by Esproquet » 22 Jul 2021 09:05

Yesterday I was walking around in Murcia when I found this jewel, it's an Avia as good as new. It's painted with the old Brewing factory logo that corresponds with the in-game COLICO factory in Murcia. This truck is so old that it's got a Spanish flag sticker from the pre-constitutional era (1939-1978).

[ external image ]

Fun fact, there was another truck company called AVIA in Czechoslovaquia. The Spanish one was created in 1934 in Caravanchel (Madrid) while the former was founded in 1919. Both built planes and buses as well and were bought by Nissan & Daewoo respectively.

AVIA trucks resemble a lot EBRO ones.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Jatruck

#5995 Post by Jatruck » 22 Jul 2021 10:34

You can see the taillights in Nissan Trade. Their heads did not get very hot. :D ;)

[ external image ]
Trucker Nik

#5996 Post by Trucker Nik » 22 Jul 2021 14:19

Now I'm discovering the beauties of Iberia and I realize what a beautiful DLC it is, I bought it as soon as it came out but only now I find out how great it is, I'm not one of those players whose frflou that there are a lot of highways, on the contrary, I like highways I don't have anything against district on the road, let's say honestly, in reality, truckers prefer to drive on highways than on county roads, it's faster and more efficient
dsf.fernando

#5997 Post by dsf.fernando » 22 Jul 2021 15:20

In Portugal outside of Lisbon and Porto, it's quite the opposite: they prefer to drive in the N-roads because tolls for trucks tend to be very expensive compared to the average Portuguese wages (a trip on A1 from Lisbon to Porto may cost over 50€ for trucks)
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
polskagrom

#5998 Post by polskagrom » 23 Jul 2021 01:49

SCS knocked it out of the park once again with Iberia. Are there any other roads like N-120 cause that was a beautiful drive?
Jatruck

#5999 Post by Jatruck » 23 Jul 2021 08:15

If you mean secondary roads, you have a few:

- Near Albacete --- Video

- Near Ciudad Real --- Video

- Near Sines --- Video

You have other good landscapes in highways:

- Near León --- Video

- From Burgos to Zaragoza --- No video at this moment, but will come. :D ;)

You have some videos from Iberia (more will come) here. ;)
dsf.fernando

#6000 Post by dsf.fernando » 25 Jul 2021 17:01

Highflyernl wrote: 04 Jun 2021 20:20 Wow the A24 is created like a DLC should be, proper landscaping, well done. The landscaping of the rest of Iberia is not impressive at all, hopefully in the future there will be huge rebuildings, by SCS or Promods, because honestly, this DLC was one big disappointment so far (except for the A24 now)
i wonder who gonna make the Batalha Monastery, if it is possible to fit it in the current map scale

Return to “General discussion about the game”