Iberia Discussion

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Iberia Discussion

#5571 Post by supersobes » 15 Apr 2021 21:09

@Some newbie driver Thanks for information about the trailer combinations! :)

@plykkegaard In that first video from XPO Logistics you showed here, there seems to be a design flaw with those trailers shown at the 1:14 timestamp. How come there are no steps and grab handles to allow the driver to get onto the deck to hook up the air and electric lines? It seems unsafe that the driver has to stand on the fender and grab onto the door hinges to get up and down from the trailer.
xXCARL1992Xx

#5572 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 15 Apr 2021 21:16

this isnt really a design flaw, there is the side guard you can step on, and a grab handle would just be in the way for when you need to open the door
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
supersobes
Global moderator

#5573 Post by supersobes » 15 Apr 2021 21:24

On most b-doubles in North America, they put steps between the axles, and the handles are on the front of the second trailer.

[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#5574 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 15 Apr 2021 21:27

we dont have a 1m gap between trailers and the axle gap doesnt align with the trailer gap, also the door has a big frame you can easy grab, well at least the one in the video but it should be standard because else the hinges would conflict to open the door compleatly

almost all driver i saw who open the curtain use the guard rail or the truck itself to go onto the trailer, if they open the doors then they use the build in ladder, if there is one
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
abasstreppas

#5575 Post by abasstreppas » 15 Apr 2021 22:38

@supersobes Euro drivers are so fit and agile so they don't need any support :P :lol:
KnuteOle

#5576 Post by KnuteOle » 15 Apr 2021 22:40

I don't often participate in launch events, but I did complete this one to get the kitty plush. :)
Visit my World of Trucks profile and say hi!
https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4918521
KieranMonday

#5577 Post by KieranMonday » 15 Apr 2021 23:09

spain bdouble.png
i think this was on the a2 between madrid and barcelona so theyre not common but are used
plinio.lisboa.br

#5578 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 15 Apr 2021 23:25

That information may be relevant in this debate about Mega Trucks in Europe. The majority of the authorized fleet works in the transport of components for the automotive industry. In the photo above there is an example of a component supply company for the auto industry. In fact, it is one of the world's largest suppliers of components. Interestingly, it is present in the Iberian peninsula, with many factories, and has distribution to the auto industry in the Iberian Peninsula. Specifically on Portugal, it has its largest factory in the city of Bragança.
AlexxxF1

#5579 Post by AlexxxF1 » 16 Apr 2021 06:19

flight50 wrote: 16 Apr 2021 00:53 I've been seeing a ton of complaints about the lack of secondary roads in Iberia.
I've seen a few comments that Iberia is boring.
WHAT???
those,who say something like that , apparently did not play in Iberia DLC.

Iberia is the most diverse territory in Europe :shock: . perhaps only Russia can compare, and then only because it covers such a huge territory and so many time zones.

Iberia has secondary roads. yes, there are not so many of them, in comparison with the autobahns. but SCS gave us DLC with 23 000 km roads, all DLC before has 11-13 000 km.
but the price of Iberia DLС SCS remained for us the same. :o I was shocked.

I don't understand why people are complaining. no matter how much given to them , it is always not enough for them.

secondary roads do not differ much from the autobahns passing nearby. but yes, they are used by locals to bypass very expensive toll roads.
to international carriers the most important thing - save time. especially when transporting perishable goods. therefore do not use secondary roads.
on the highway all time you drive with 90km\h - on secondary roads only 70-50km\h, often driving through small towns.
secondary roads is a very big waste of time. especially if you go by truck with 20t cargo.

when we got Road to the Black Sea I've been seeing a ton of complaints about the lack of highways in RttBS. that they get very tired, driving along the same secondary roads)
now I see the same thing, only about secondary roads in Iberia and highways ))

I think some people just forget that we have a Truck Simulator ) not a Tourist Simulator ))
natjer3

#5580 Post by natjer3 » 16 Apr 2021 06:37

Road to the Black Sea: people complain about lack of highways
Iberia: people complain about lack of secondary roads
SCS: Confused
Hotel: Trivago

Return to “General discussion about the game”