Iberia Discussion

Shiva

Re: Iberia Discussion

#5431 Post by Shiva » 12 Apr 2021 20:43

Could you give an example of B-00 roads?
BU-30, with the long name Autovía BU-30 is the ring road for Burgos.
Beltway for Zaragoza is Z-40.

Esproquet, cheers for the information :)
MT269 wrote: 12 Apr 2021 15:51 Regarding the aforementioned event in the first post on this page, I completed the first delivery, and it says 2/20. It should say 1/20.

Is there some kind of fault with Australian internet that is causing the duplication of every value interpreted? I was so tempted to duplicate both lines in this post!
@MT269 How many Iberian cities did you have discovered until that?
If you drove from France or took a ferry to Spain and delivered to your first city, then it should be wrong. Even if you drove more than 200km.
If you delivered from 1 Iberian city to a 2nd Iberian city and the distance was 200km or more, then it was totally correct.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Esproquet

#5432 Post by Esproquet » 12 Apr 2021 20:53

Esproquet wrote: 12 Apr 2021 20:40 If it's a blue board with white letters different than A, then it means it's an urban autovía, in that case B is for Barcelona. You'll find many others: HU for Huelva, V for Valencia, M for Madrid, SE for Sevilla, VA for Valladolid...

If the colour is orange, then it means it's a regional road, it may be high density (autovía, not blue but orange because it's not national) or a regular regional-primary road.
Examples that you can find in game: A-92 is an Andalusian road that crosses that region from east to west, I believe the name 92 is from the year it was intented to be finished (1992).
RM-414 east of Murcia (RM means Región de Murcia) connects with the CDS depot in another region, so the road changes in the border between regions to CV-840 (CV Stands for Comunitat Valenciana, the region between Murcia and Catalunya).

Old national roads are red.

Secondary and tertiary roads are green and yellow respectively.
The numbers have relation with the radial distribution of roads around Madrid, where 1 is north, 2 is northeast, 3 is east, 4 is south, 5 is west and 6 is northwest, the peripheric segments are 7 for Mediterranean, 8 for Cantabric (Bay of Biscay) and 9 for Atlantic. The second number has got to do with its direction or antiquity.
Some newbie driver

#5433 Post by Some newbie driver » 12 Apr 2021 21:04

supersobes wrote: 12 Apr 2021 19:56So if I understand correctly, the roads in Spain that are labeled as AP-00 are Autopistas and the roads labeled as A-00 are Autovías. What are the roads that are labeled B-00?
In fact, AP-XX are national wide autopistas and A-XX national wide autovías. Highways/freeways/whateverways (I always confuse the terms :roll:) that cross more than one Comunidad Autónoma (state) and are central-government managed. Then there's conventional roads that cross more than one state, and are called "Nacionales", labeled N-XX (X in roman numbers) for the main radial ones or N-XXX in decimal number for the second tier ones. In most cases, also central-government managed but sometimes some stretches management is transferred to more local administrations.

But then there could be roads (ANY kind of roads) that are limited to a single state. Then they are labeled starting with the ID letters of it (C for Catalomia, M for Madrid... and A for Andalucía, sharing name schema with national Autovías, f*** yeah). And still more, if a road is contained on a single província (let's say, like a county of yours); then the ID letters are of that província alone (B- for Barcelona, BU- for Burgos and so on, 52 of them go imagine). For example, the B-10 is one of the two inner ring roads of Barcelona; the one we take to arrive the center of the city where the port is.

The kind of road then can't be known by the label but by the color. Blue for all kind of highways (2 number in the label), red for main roads (3 numbers in the label except main radial ones), green for secondary roads (3 numbers in the label), yellow for tertiary ones (4 numbers in the label). And that's when some administration doesn't mess a bit with the colors and use some different shade of theirs in some signals... I remember how funny was that last time I was on Castilla y León.

Could you start to appreciate the work SCS team had to face with Iberia... and I'm not counting Portugal. :lol:
supersobes
Global moderator

#5434 Post by supersobes » 12 Apr 2021 21:18

Ah, thanks for all the explanations on the Spanish road nomenclature! Actually, once you guys explained it, it's pretty easy to understand. It's really not all that different than the road number system here in the United States with the different levels of roads belonging to the different levels of jurisdiction.
Esproquet

#5435 Post by Esproquet » 12 Apr 2021 21:23

@Some newbie driver what's the most modern national road (N-) that you know, or the last to be built?

I mean, now it's all national or regional autovia, isn't it?
krmarci

#5436 Post by krmarci » 12 Apr 2021 21:54

Esproquet wrote: 12 Apr 2021 19:20 Beautiful, although I think the airport belongs to El Prat de Llobregat (neighbour city to Viladecans).
I checked the map, you are right. The exit sign said Viladecans, but it's actually El Prat. I will fix it tomorrow.
mackintosh

#5437 Post by mackintosh » 12 Apr 2021 22:16

@Some newbie driver Thanks for that, very informative and useful. I learned something today :lol:
Some newbie driver

#5438 Post by Some newbie driver » 12 Apr 2021 23:05

Awaiting the day I could learn about your country roads when it receives a deserved rebuilt in the game. ;)

@supersobes I supposed you had something similar for the bits I know here and there. It's not "that" hard once you catch it, but the dance of ID letters (2 national-wide, 17 states and 52 provinces; some of them the same [as like the example of A-XX i explained) and the dance of colors too its... well, it's very Spanish, chaotically Spanish. :P I'm sure SCS team is going to enjoy to work on a single more "centralized" country like Russia in the next DLC... so they can rest a bit until they face the West Balkans. :lol:

@Esproquet I doubt any new national (N-XXX) road has been built in the last 30 years or more. They were the main roads logic back in time so they were made in those days. Modern times needs has not been in most cases the creation of new main regular roads but their conversion to high-capacity.

The only main road I know it has been built all that time was C-25 in Catalonia (25 years ago) and it ended being converted to highway 8 years ago. A pity it wasn't included, pretty nice road. It's included in Promods as far as I know; hopefully they could catch some of its essence.

Regards
Shiva

#5439 Post by Shiva » 12 Apr 2021 23:14

Eix Transversal? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eix_Transversal , ah okay :)
Have to see if ProMods will add it back in or not.
But I hope that SCS's great work won't be removed.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
IvanKuz

#5440 Post by IvanKuz » 13 Apr 2021 00:07

Maybe some of these have already been brought up (I know I already mentioned Ciudad Real), but I've discovered several more places with unfinished roads:

Ciudad Real:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Badajoz:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Arganda, which isn't even crossed out with orange tape on signs:

[ external image ]

A bus terminal in Madrid, probably awaiting to be completed for Euro Coach Simulator just like the one in Saint Petersburg:

[ external image ]

And the small scenic village of Sarracín, located on a road towards Soria. It's not visible on the screenshot, but that roundabout in the distance has XXX barriers, and Sarracín is listed on signs alongside Soria with neither of them being covered with orange tape, which indicates that Soria was planned:

[ external image ]

And I've only used the devcam to explore the locations that I've driven through first, which is only a small part of Iberia so far. So I'm sure there are many more unfinished roads like these. Let's hope at least some of them will get completed in the future!

J. Ritter wrote: 12 Apr 2021 13:26Agreed on the orange tape. I definitely have the mod loaded that removes it
I used to have it as well. Really loved it, but the problem I had with it is that the signs that use the older method, the black warp, sometimes have nothing written under the warp, so some signs, unfortunately, became even less immersive with this mod on. And I couldn't keep up with enabling/disabling it every time I drove into or out of BTBS or Italy, so I kind of abandoned it eventually.
Vøytek wrote: 12 Apr 2021 16:29Trust me, I'm not a fan of this solution and I've been trying to convince others to remove that tape, at least from Iberia for a start. But that would be inconsistent with other DLCs.
Well, that didn't stop your colleagues who were working on Germany ;)
But thank you for your reply, I'm glad to hear that there are people at SCS who aren't fans of these orange tapes either. Looking forward to this alternative solution you're working on!

Return to “General discussion about the game”