Iberia Discussion

plinio.lisboa.br

Re: Iberia Discussion

#6131 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 06 Sep 2021 22:40

It is true. We must have a parameter of how SCS Software works the Austrian mountains. The result they get there will be a good indication of what they can do in the mountainous areas of the Iberian Peninsula, notably the Pyrenees. The most challenging will be to make the Swiss Alps, and also the Italian Alps.
Quark

#6132 Post by Quark » 08 Sep 2021 20:27

Some newbie driver wrote: 06 Sep 2021 21:36 The drawing distance has not been touched for sure. The map mods section would be a never ending party if that would had happened any time recently.

Terrain shape and distribution linked with proper selection of road layout can help mitigate some things, not all. I don't know that road you mention so I can't judge what happens there. The simplicity of the scenery in older parts of ETS that belong to Alps doesn't help to hide the drawing distance problem (plain and simple, isn't so much to see apart of popping mountains).

As I said, when we see the Austrian rework we will know what to expect regarding Pyrenees, if ever.

Regards
Yes true, the drawing distance is still the same, nothing has changed there. Davido kind of confirmed this during the Wyoming release stream where he mentioned that they still have to deal with the limited same old drawing distance of 1500 meters.
Sure there are some "tricks" more cleverly used by the map devs in the meantime, to "increase" the viewing range via proper using of farmodels for example. Or the things you mentioned above in trying to hide the popping in of mountains right into our faces.
They have clearly improved a lot over the course of the last few years, so much that, as you can clearly see in ATS, recreating high mountainous landscapes in a reasonably convincing way might still be a challenging but not exactly a herculean task
for the mappers anymore. Regardless of whether the drawing distance has been improved or not.
I stand by my point: We don't need to see the austrian rework first, we already can see it in ATS that they are very well capable of doing so. We already know what to expect regarding the Pyrenees.
plykkegaard

#6133 Post by plykkegaard » 08 Sep 2021 21:39

The mapping in ATS has yet to touch ETS2 soil unfortunately
No pyrenees maybe for a reason, a bit unfortunate

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Trucker Nik

#6134 Post by Trucker Nik » 13 Sep 2021 10:35

I came back again and once to Iberia I still have to praise this DLC, I hope that HoR will be just as good maybe better, oh so I don't forget to discover the largest branch of Cortica Prima located in Porto
Jatruck

#6135 Post by Jatruck » 13 Sep 2021 14:12

Unfortunately HOR won't have Iberia's diversity, because doesn't have it IRL. ;)
plinio.lisboa.br

#6136 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 13 Sep 2021 15:12

This part of the map is very interesting, however, it is missing, and the city of Coruche, which is the world capital of cork, should have been added, and there is a beautiful roundabout at the entrance to the city, where they pass (TRUCK TRAILERS) and should have been placed in the ETS 2.

The region also stands out in the production of rice, and extends across the valley of the Lower Tagus River. We could have: transport loads of rice harvesters in this region, we could have companies that exist there called ''cerealistas'' that make the transformation and processing of rice, and send it all over Portugal, but for some reason these very interesting things don't have been added.

The region of the city of Comporta, very close to the city of Sines, has the biggest rice farm in Portugal, (and maybe it is one of the biggest rice farms in Western Europe,... maybe). It could be in the game, and once again, there's nothing about Portugal's rice production.
plykkegaard

#6137 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Sep 2021 15:19

Both games have a lot of opportunities, sadly only a few implemented

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
BASSLovah

#6138 Post by BASSLovah » 13 Sep 2021 16:05

SenseFM wrote: 01 Sep 2021 20:45 I agree with everyone that Iberia is a very good DLC - it has added more cities than any other DLC, most of the important highways are there, almost every road has recognizable stretches, and the signage is probably the best in ETS2 so far. Still, there is still room for improvement - especially that gap in the Pyrenees, which is by far the largest area without roads in the game. For now, I'd say Iberia has 95-95% of what I'd like to see. To reach 100%, I think two or three roads should be added.

Yea, Zaragoza to Pau is a must. Ignoring the fact that it’s very common for truck drivers it also fills the huge gap.
Last edited by supersobes on 13 Sep 2021 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed images from quote [Forum rule 2.3]
plykkegaard

#6139 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Sep 2021 17:24

I were expecting it but sadly no

Some newbie driver

#6140 Post by Some newbie driver » 13 Sep 2021 18:17

I would like to think there was a good reason (in the sense of we can and want to do it better) to delay any content in there. We will see if there will be something to enjoy or to be disappointed in the future.

Return to “General discussion about the game”