Iberia Discussion

Towel

Re: Iberia Discussion

#6201 Post by Towel » 11 Oct 2021 21:46

damn, the difference between promods and scs version of spain is like day and night. The only thing that scs wins at is that they got more cities.
taneorb

#6202 Post by taneorb » 11 Oct 2021 23:11

Some newbie driver wrote: 11 Oct 2021 16:28 @taneorb, didn't you know what it's said? Spain is different. :lol:
Apart from that driving over there was a breeze! I did a two hour journey to Cádiz that went by like nothing because the rental car had radar cruise control, I couldn't ever use that in the UK because as soon as you leave a gap on the motorway someone will try and get into it and you'll just be going like 5mph with the car trying to leave a safe gap.

It's nice to see you don't use average speed cameras for road works because I didn't see a single person who wasn't in a rental car slow down. Over here there are large sections of motorway that almost always feel like their permanently under construction with miles of average speed cameras to fine anyone who dares drive over 80kmh
Towel wrote: 11 Oct 2021 21:46 damn, the difference between promods and scs version of spain is like day and night. The only thing that scs wins at is that they got more cities.
As someone who cannot play ETS2 without promods I was honestly glad to see the back of their version. It took them about 5 years to do what less than 1/4 of the country and during that time they still couldn't get Barcelona to run at a decent framerate. I did enjoy their version, but at the rate they were going you might've had a complete version of spain in like 2025 not even counting Portugal by then maybe they might've even managed to optimize their Barcelona to run on a 3090 without chugging. Plus as good as Promods are, they do a much better job when provided with modern SCS assets instead of having to do every single thing themselves.

Don't take this a Promods bashing post because most of the parts they did were honestly fantastic and even as just a fairly regular tourist they were well represented enough for me to recognise parts that I visited irl. As a mod team though they just didn't have enough people interested on working on the area to make resonable progress.

At least now they don't have to do the entire peninsula they can just go back with an updated version of Andorra and also add some of the smaller roads instead of trying to tackle everything with 0 assets
Shiva

#6203 Post by Shiva » 12 Oct 2021 03:36

SCS's La Jonquera can't be beaten.
Barcelona is great, Bilbao too. Zaragoza is nice too.
I could go and continue.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Esproquet

#6204 Post by Esproquet » 12 Oct 2021 11:30

@taneorb yeah, I've seen some double trailers lately too. If I'm not wrong, you can tell them from other trailers from behind because they have double rotary beacons at their rear end.
Towel

#6205 Post by Towel » 12 Oct 2021 12:57

what do you guys think of madrid ?
gaillard

#6206 Post by gaillard » 12 Oct 2021 13:10

Big round centerpiece, lots of bizness opportunities... Why?
SenseFM

#6207 Post by SenseFM » 12 Oct 2021 14:12

Madrid is not bad, it has a pretty complex and dense road network in real life, so I didn't really expect much more than a ring road and some representative economic areas. M-40 is one of the most important ring roads in the city and as far as I remember it doesn't go near many scenic landmarks, apart from the Wanda Metropolitano stadium and the Monte El Pardo.

What I do miss is some of the highest buildings being visible in the distance, since they are pretty iconic in Madrid's skyline and are also visible from M-40. I am of course talking about the CTBA Towers, which are the tallest buildings in Spain (their height is about 250 m) and are visible from a long distance, especially from A-1 and A-6, the motorways that reach Madrid from the north. I know that the game has only a draw distance of 1.5 km, but they should be visible at least from the interchange between A-1 and M-40, I believe.

The picture below is the interchange where A-1 joins M-40, as shown in Google Street View. You can see that the towers can be easily seen from there, but this isn't reflected in the game, where at the same intersection you can only see regular apartment buildings. In my opinion, just adding the models for the skyscrapers to be visible in the distance would drastically improve Madrid's look.

[ external image ]

And here's the same spot in Google Street View: https://www.google.es/maps/@40.5128253, ... 384!8i8192
Trucker Nik

#6208 Post by Trucker Nik » 12 Oct 2021 15:34

I'm probably the only one I want scs to add new highways to Iberia
Jatruck

#6209 Post by Jatruck » 12 Oct 2021 16:25

No, you are not the only one. In the list and map I posted there are highways too. ;)

Of course, they're less needed. Only to improve some routes.
dsf.fernando

#6210 Post by dsf.fernando » 14 Oct 2021 14:25

Not sure about Spain, but some highways missing in Portugal:
- A8 and A17 (also known as the second part of IC1): second link from Lisbon to Porto, but across coastal cities
- A4: Links Porto to the northeastern border with Spain.
- A13: shortest link from A23 to Coimbra
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)

Return to “General discussion about the game”