Iberia Discussion

Lolsmurf

Re: Iberia Discussion

#5261 Post by Lolsmurf » 10 Apr 2021 12:39

Bought this DLC and I am pretty disapointed tbh.
I opened this topic viewtopic.php?f=41&t=298720 to highlight all the wrong signage to scs, please add more to them.

But so many things are too simplified, signs are all over the place. For me this is unplayable or immersion breaking and I will not drive on it till its fixed by a mod or by SCS themselves.
Check the example below, this is wrong on so many levels.
[ external image ]

This exit is complete fiction, and so is the signage. I expect better quality than oversimplified intersections like we have in the basemap of ets2
Costpap

#5262 Post by Costpap » 10 Apr 2021 13:01

MT269 wrote: 10 Apr 2021 05:32 It is surprising that it was no more expensive than the RTTBS expansion. But it would be nice if Steam adjusted the prices to reflect the current exchange rate. They are a tiny bit disproportionate.

Anyhow, I also noticed that after purchasing each garage in Iberia (remotely), there are no additional drivers. There are just over 200 garages in the game, and around 340 drivers. Makes it impossible to have two in each garage. Is it not possible to add fictional drivers to fill the gap?

Very frustrating, as I feel obliged to have each garage active, with at least 2 drivers being based there.
To be honest, I was quite disappointed by the lack of additional drivers. It's the single biggest expansion in the entire game, yet with 0 additional drivers. I haven't filled any of my garages in Iberia or RTTBS, because quite frankly, I don't have enough drivers to do so. I don't care about filling up every garage with drivers, I'd just like some additional ones to be able to fill in most of the base map and key points in DLCs.

As for the fictional drivers question, I think there are mods which raise the amount of drivers, however, the quality of the driver pictures in those are worse in comparison to the vanilla drivers, and since they're mods, compatibility with them is never guaranteed.
Some newbie driver

#5263 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Apr 2021 13:04

Drivers aren't added by DLC basis. Drivers are based on IRL people, either workers from SCS , relatives to them or relevant people around trucking. And SCS add more drivers to the game when they have a batch of them to be added. In 2019 we had 2 increases of drivers counts and at least 1 of that wasn't related to any DLC at all.

Regards
MT269

#5264 Post by MT269 » 10 Apr 2021 13:46

Due to the limited number of drivers, I have made a habit of only assigning a maximum of two per garage.

I don't see a problem with SCS paying members of the public to appear in the game, with a fake name even, in order to increase the driver count. Just because they're an employee, it doesn't mean that they have an HR licence or whatever.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#5265 Post by Mohegan13 » 10 Apr 2021 13:56

Not all drivers are staff or "real" people. There's still a few old drivers in there from when they just used stock images. But all drivers they started to add with DLCs are real people.

Would be nice if one day they could replace all the made up drivers with real people only. I wonder if they have ever considered asking industry partners like Paul Daintree if they would be interested.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
harishw8r

#5266 Post by harishw8r » 10 Apr 2021 14:03

MT269 wrote: 10 Apr 2021 13:46 Due to the limited number of drivers, I have made a habit of only assigning a maximum of two per garage.

I don't see a problem with SCS paying members of the public to appear in the game, with a fake name even, in order to increase the driver count. Just because they're an employee, it doesn't mean that they have an HR licence or whatever.
I divide the total number of cities in a country by 5 and have that much garages (approximated to the highest number) in that country. I have none in the UK but have enough garages in other countries. The Recruitment agency has only four drivers to spare. When Russia/Reworked UK arrives, Unless more drivers are added, I have to change that dividing factor to a higher number.

Also, is there any way we can get added as a recruitable driver in game? I’d be more than happy to see myself there!
Last edited by harishw8r on 10 Apr 2021 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
mira666

#5267 Post by mira666 » 10 Apr 2021 14:04

I get the argument of not having too many hired drivers as the earnings are huge. But at the same time, if I have a garage then I want to fill it with trucks and drivers. Haven't even bothered buying any garages in Iberia as no drivers to fill the spaces.
ETS2 and ATS Vanilla Gamer 2012-Now
parasaurolophus67

#5268 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 10 Apr 2021 14:07

tbh being the only one is pretty fun then hiring. c:
Costpap

#5269 Post by Costpap » 10 Apr 2021 14:16

Some newbie driver wrote: 10 Apr 2021 13:04 Drivers aren't added by DLC basis. Drivers are based on IRL people, either workers from SCS , relatives to them or relevant people around trucking. And SCS add more drivers to the game when they have a batch of them to be added. In 2019 we had 2 increases of drivers counts and at least 1 of that wasn't related to any DLC at all.

Regards
I am aware of that, however, don't most drivers get added to the base game during the same update as a DLC?
BRCKHMPTN

#5270 Post by BRCKHMPTN » 10 Apr 2021 14:16

Drove the A-23 today... so far it is probably the most "depressing" recreation for those who know it and drive it in real life. Completely flat, not a single elevation change until Zaragoza (where there's a very minor one... but the rest is all flat!). Man I really really wish they had even more time for this, but I understand they had to cope with pressure from a great part of the community to release the DLC, and probably needed to start earning something after more than a year without a map DLC, which is totally normal. But yeah, this is the road that has left me the saddest... we go from Port de Sagunt where we're 70m above sea level and there are sections, right before Teruel, where we're well over 1200m above sea level, yet this road is completely flat in the DLC.
On the other hand, this autovìa in particular has quite some landmarks and that's surely a good thing, and they have done a good job with the service areas of Sarrión and, in particular, with the one in Monreal del Campo. But I found the rest of it to be subpar when compared to other roads, not to talk about the fact that Teruel is on the map but not actually recreated which is misleading and probably upsetting for a local (well, I guess Teruel doesn't exist after all :lol: ). They included exit 115 which links the highway to a road which passes right through Teruel, but in the game, even though the sign at the roundabout reads "Teruel centro", the city just isn't there! We get right to Villastar, like Teruel doesn't exist for real. If this was the plan, probably exit 117 would have been a better choice. I know I would be quite annoyed if I was from Teruel.
Was it for me, this DLC could have been released months from now, even with a higher price, I couldn't have cared less about the price if there was a more uniform quality throughout the map. But again, guess it is what it is... I'll avoid the A-23 :lol:

Return to “General discussion about the game”