Iberia Discussion

Shiva

Re: Iberia Discussion

#5461 Post by Shiva » 13 Apr 2021 12:26

Orleans in France. Maybe they were not happy with the layout for it? ProMods did add that city tho.

Here name has been taped over, I think? when there is a road closure a bit further ahead to the destination, but still cars and trucks can drive to local destinations.
No tape would work quite nice, in my opinion.
BRCKHMPTN wrote: 13 Apr 2021 09:44 Speaking about unfinished cities, if you have a look at the game files there are several finished landmarks in Estremoz (possible hint at an IP2 connection between Estremoz and the A23, through Portalegre, which was surely planned at this point) and the bridge in Peso da Régua (so, extension of the A24 to Viseu, which I doubt would be included as a functional city anyway). There doesn't seem to be anything from Soria, apart from the infamous sign, but still, chances to see it in the future are good in my opinion. Couldn't find anything from Spain apart from the landmarks in Ciudad Real, which are already placed in the map, but there's hardly any space for other cities anyway. I could see Cuenca (more like scenery though and not a functional city) just about fitting between Teruel and Guadalajara, if they intended to link the two through the N-320 and N-420, but I don't see that happening, especially considering how they decided to do things in Teruel, the road to Villastar eats up too much space already for that solution to be considered.
Estremoz IP2 connection? Possible. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/38.8205 ... m2!4m1!3e0
A24? yeah, possible. Peso da Régua bridge, either I forgot that or not seen it. Is it ingame?
IP3, south of Viseau, there the distance is too close to Coimbra. Technically possible, but scenery would be, well, axed to unrecognizable, due to the very short distance.

Ah, new posts.
Toll booths and braking down, 90km/h to 80 to 60 and lastly to 40, that is actually OK for me. Worse if there is 90 to 60, to 80. Or 50 to 90, to 70, as 2 examples.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
plykkegaard

#5462 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Apr 2021 13:25

It's a game, take the shoulder, we need a little bit of fun
But don't do it at home :D

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
krmarci

#5463 Post by krmarci » 13 Apr 2021 13:46

krmarci wrote: 12 Apr 2021 05:51 So, it's 22,869 km (which sounds somewhat more realistic). The difference between the two values should equal the addition to VlF and the change in Germany.
pigbrother wrote: 13 Apr 2021 12:10 22.707 km (without Germany and France extensions that I have covered during the beta). :lol:

227300_20210413150519_1.png
Almost correct, only off by 162 km (0.7%)!
Trenero

#5464 Post by Trenero » 13 Apr 2021 14:20

Hello, is anyone else feeling that Iberia lacks Garages and repair workshops in some places?, specially playing the DLC Special transport(I've made a post about it) I noticed that in the case of Olhao the nearest garage is +350km if you want to change trucks for the Special transport, for that distances you start to lose some time traveling it.(there are no Garage to cover the south of Portugal, neither in Olhao or Faro)
But in the case of Gijon is even worst because the nearest garage is +300km but Gijon laks the Repair workshop to atleast change trucks configurations for the special transport. (In the Cantabric coast between A Coruña-Bilbao there are not Garages +650km with nothing,I think Gijon Should have a Garage to cover the Cantabric Coast or atleast a repair workshop, the nearest one to Gijon is in Leon and go to Leon and back to Gijon is +340km only to change configurations )

[ external image ]

What do you think?
killingjoke28336

#5465 Post by killingjoke28336 » 13 Apr 2021 14:35

I really miss the road from Zaragoza to Pau in France.
EricF

#5466 Post by EricF » 13 Apr 2021 14:48

Trenero wrote: 13 Apr 2021 14:20 Hello, is anyone else feeling that Iberia lacks Garages and repair workshops in some places?
Yes, I was wondering the same thing. It seems there are fewer standalone repair shops, or they're separated by greater distances. Most of the repair shops seem to be the ones associated with the truck dealers. So until you've "discovered" all the truck dealers, there are relatively few places to stop for repairs.
System Specs for Beta and performance comparisons:
Ryzen 9 5900x - 32GB RAM - NVMe SSD - RTX2080 Super - 3440x1440 Ultrawide - TrackIR - T248 Wheel/Pedals
parasaurolophus67

#5467 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 13 Apr 2021 14:53

I don't have problems if there isn't a service in every city, Kinda feels too crowded with all the services in every city/town. More spaced out is pretty good in my opinion
BRCKHMPTN

#5468 Post by BRCKHMPTN » 13 Apr 2021 15:04

Yes, I have the exact same feeling as Trenero, I'd consider that to be another negative unfortunately... I'm not expecting every city to have a garage, even though that would be good, but in my opinion there's at least 4 more cities that should have received one. Same goes for the repair shops. And Portugal definitely needs at least one more garage, probably in Olhão.
Shiva wrote: 13 Apr 2021 12:26 A24? yeah, possible. Peso da Régua bridge, either I forgot that or not seen it. Is it ingame?
IP3, south of Viseau, there the distance is too close to Coimbra. Technically possible, but scenery would be, well, axed to unrecognizable, due to the very short distance.
The bridge is not in the game as its area irl hasn't been mapped, you can see it if you open the editor and go to the content browser in the "landmarks" section. I also think that the IP3 would be kind of short as we're not left with much space there, but I think it is just about enough to make it. Besides being a relevant road and the fastest connection between Coimbra and Central/Northern Spain, it also features some great views in my opinion... I love that section over the Mondego river. I believe it is safe to say that it is the best section between Viseu and Coimbra. Sure, if they ever decide to include this road, it won't be easy to recreate that part in particular due to the little space available, so they could just ignore it in the end (hopefully not), but we'll see.
abasstreppas

#5469 Post by abasstreppas » 13 Apr 2021 15:09

Large dots should have a repair shop for realism.

I think it's the same problem as with resting places, they where in a rush to finish the DLC so a lot of stuff are missing. Hopefully it will be added in a near SCSoon future...
IvanKuz

#5470 Post by IvanKuz » 13 Apr 2021 15:22

supersobes wrote: 13 Apr 2021 11:20The Vive la France DLC has been out for four years now, and the half completed parts in the middle of that map such as Orléans have never been added to the game. Because of this, I doubt that any on the unfinished areas in the Iberia DLC will ever be finished and published.
If this is how Orleans currently looks, then I'd say expanded Ciudad Real and other Iberian cities have a higher chance of seeing the light of day because they look a lot more closer to completion. Sunken cost and all that.
Some newbie driver wrote: 13 Apr 2021 08:03BTW; I still had said nothing about it, but to price Iberia the same than any previous DLC in recent years was unexpected for me. I said several times months ago that I would had expected fair the price of a bigger content to be bigger too. Now I've the feeling they considered a full price for a map they couldn't finish maybe wasn't fair. I'm still enjoying a lot more content than usually anyway.
This actually annoys me, because I honestly feel like I was robbing SCS by paying the standard price for Iberia. Even with all the unfinished stuff, it is still almost twice as much new content, if krmarci's calculations are to be believed.

Return to “General discussion about the game”