Iberia Discussion

Vinnie Terranova

Re: Iberia Discussion

#5591 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 16 Apr 2021 09:04

Oh okay, small mistake from me. So it's about delivering cargo to or from 20 unique Iberian cities.
plykkegaard

#5592 Post by plykkegaard » 16 Apr 2021 09:09

supersobes wrote: 15 Apr 2021 21:09 @plykkegaard In that first video from XPO Logistics you showed
How come there are no steps and grab handles to allow the driver to get onto the deck to hook up the air and electric lines?
Another example from Denmark, TEC - Technical Education Copenhagen
Training days before Danish Championship for transport students

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
FloxAir

#5593 Post by FloxAir » 16 Apr 2021 09:37

xyzan wrote: 16 Apr 2021 08:50 Iberia is an ATS style DLC in my opinion. I mean, it does not look like rest of DLCs, packed with cities and small roads. The distances between cities are larger, more highway driving. It's up to taste, honestly. And, that is why some may think it is boring - a lot of highway driving. It has it's own style, that is different from what we used to in ETS - that is why it's unique.
I agree 100%.
Even some delivery spots, usually in the outskirts are now further away from cities, in the middle of nowhere. And it's not possible to count these roads to the middle of nowhere as secondary ones.
mackintosh

#5594 Post by mackintosh » 16 Apr 2021 10:13

I have no issues with Iberia other than with signs, but that's a recurring issue with all ETS2 map DLC - and yes, I appreciate that Iberia is still far better in its signage than previous expansions. As far as road network, city density, landscape and overall quality are concerned, it is by far my favourite DLC to date. This perceived lack of these so-called secondary roads doesn't concern me. Once I'm done exploring, I'll be back to driving long distance. It may be months before I visit some map areas again.
festmache

#5595 Post by festmache » 16 Apr 2021 11:18

I see several people saying that Iberia looks like an ATS DLC. Myself, I find it more comparable to Italia... Mostly highways, beautiful Mediterranean scenery, gorgeous cities where you actually feel like driving in a city... Italia was probably my favourite all-time DLC for ETS2, so I'm very content with Iberia!

About the favourite city... Wow, that's a hard one. I've seen about 20 of the cities and most of them are great. Porto, Vigo, Zaragoza, Seville, they're all awesome. I also love how some business/warehouse districts look different from other ones, for example the one south of Madrid. It feels authentic. I also found that I really enjoy searching for actual places on Google Maps after having visited cities in Iberia. It feels great to find a place and see how SCS did their best to recreate it in the game. Really great work, SCS! ❤

If I want to say something negative about Iberia, I'd say that the quality level is greater in some places than others. For example, some of the hills/mountains look really awesome, while others still look like a cardboard placeholder with a relatively low-res texture... (Mostly the ones in the distance.) I also found this in recent ATS DLCs. I guess it's more obvious in recent work, because the good parts are actually getting better... So the difference with parts which are not on par, is slightly more salient... But still, this is a minor thing.

I will be spending a lot more time driving around in Iberia 😎😎
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]
DailyDrivenTrucks

#5596 Post by DailyDrivenTrucks » 16 Apr 2021 11:31

Flemming V wrote: 16 Apr 2021 08:44 Quote removed - Don't pyramid quote - Rule 2.12

First you gain 2 point for haul/deliver to 2 cities you have not been haul/deliver to before.
Then you gain 2 point again for haul/deliver to 2 other cities you have not been haul/deliver to before.
Then only 1 poing as you have already haul/deliver to one city (Sevilla) and therefore only one city is new (Lisboa)
The same is for 4th trip. Only one new city in that trip (Coimbra).

You have to haul/deliver to 20 different cities in the DLC
Ahh, I see. Thanks man. I guess I did miss something about the event ahahaha
Shiva

#5597 Post by Shiva » 16 Apr 2021 11:38

festmache, another Google Maps ATS/ETS2 driver? Hello :)
I do have jackknifed, crashed, or visited the woods, while forgetting to pause the game, or pausing at wrong place to check areas with dev console and google maps.
So far, the cities I have visited, have been well done.
I'm lost on Getafe's industrial zone tho. The one southwest of Coliseum Alfonso Pérez in Madrid.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
plykkegaard

#5598 Post by plykkegaard » 16 Apr 2021 11:47

Which DLC offers delivery points like this?
Iberia is its own

[ external image ]

From Porto

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
dsf.fernando

#5599 Post by dsf.fernando » 16 Apr 2021 11:55

I loved the new prefab where you unload inside a building, it opens an entire world of possibilities
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
xXCARL1992Xx

#5600 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 16 Apr 2021 11:58

dont know wich city it was anymore but there was one loading/unloading spot besides the street, i presume the street was directed through the company prefab and i had to park parallel to the street, would have been much better if the dumb AI wouldnt be even more dumb, especially after the Iberia release
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”