Re: Iberia Discussion

#5341 Post by xyzan » 11 Apr 2021 14:45

According to wikipedia, yes 80 is limit for truck with trailer
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_l ... n_Portugal
supersobes
Global moderator

#5342 Post by supersobes » 11 Apr 2021 15:02

When you pass the sign with the low beams symbol and the question mark, do you have to turn your lights off during the day, or is that optional? Both in real-life and in ETS2/ATS, I always drive with my low beams on at all times. Is doing so allowed in Spain?
mackintosh

#5343 Post by mackintosh » 11 Apr 2021 15:08

I've dug up the relevant legislation. Now, my Portuguese is only as good as Google Translate, but it seems clear that the limit is 80km/h.

[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#5344 Post by Some newbie driver » 11 Apr 2021 15:25

supersobes wrote: 11 Apr 2021 15:02When you pass the sign with the low beams symbol and the question mark, do you have to turn your lights off during the day, or is that optional?
It's completely optional (really, what it means is that you should check if any other conditions make it still mandatory; if not, you can turn them off at will). That's why the question mark and specially why the square signal. Mandatory signals are round with blue background and white symbols; like the ones at the entrance of tunnels (that only have the beams icon, without the ?).

Regards
Shiva

#5345 Post by Shiva » 11 Apr 2021 15:52

FierbetoN wrote: 10 Apr 2021 18:15 Yet they did just that with the some of the most important trucking roads in Romania. Even worse, those roads were more scenic than most highways in Iberia (Olt Valley for example) :lol:
That the Sebeș to Pitești road, right? If yes, yeah, it would be nice to get someday.
BRCKHMPTN wrote: 10 Apr 2021 20:26 After exploring the map some more, these should be the roads that may see the light of day sooner or later, if the devs don't abandon Iberia. These are all roads where a part of them is already mapped (only the road in most cases, no scenery and not for the entirety of them).
A24 between Viseu and Vila Pouca de Aguiar
IP3 between Viseu and Coimbra
Viseu should not be included as a functional city
A-52 between Ourense and Verín (quite extensive stretch of road already built)
A-23/N-330/N134 between Zaragoza and Pau (Huesca should not be included as a functional city)
As an extra, Ciudad Real has a good part of it that has been built and is accessible only with the devcam.

These are the ones that look clear to me the most, but once again we can't be sure if they will eventually be added. They surely were planned though and had to be excluded, almost surely, to speed up the release of the DLC. I've found some more where something could be planned as well, even though I'm not entirely sure, maybe I'll do another post when I have more time and I've explored the map a little bit more.
I'm sorry for the portuguese players though, because to me it looks like the A4 is out of the game, there's really no sign of it coming and even the part of the A-66 between Benavente and Salamanca has been left out so, unless they change it, there wouldn't be a connection with Zamora (which couldn't be a functional city anyway, too little space). No sign of a connection with the A-11 in Tordesillas as well, this is the road that links it to Zamora.
A24 and IP3 I have seen. Viseu to Coimbra, it is so short that I do think it would cut away way too much. Possible but.. A24, that should be possible, I think.
Ciudad Real, I did write about that earlier and yeah, it could end at either at A-5/N-403 or in Getafe.
A-52, from Ourense towards Portugal, yep, seen it and it could be something in the future.
Pau/Lazq - Zaragoza, seems plausible.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
JoaoRabit

#5346 Post by JoaoRabit » 11 Apr 2021 15:59

mackintosh wrote: 11 Apr 2021 15:08 I've dug up the relevant legislation. Now, my Portuguese is only as good as Google Translate, but it seems clear that the limit is 80km/h.
The speed limit is 80km/h if you're driving one of these "https://escoladeconducaoanova.com/image ... oque-3.jpg"
Otherwise if you're driving one of these "https://escoladeconducaoanova.com/image ... rias-2.jpg" or "https://revistacargo.pt/wp-content/uplo ... 90x377.jpg" the speed limit is 90km/h.

I honestly don't know how SCS got this wrong, if you search "semi-reboque" in google it shows up with the kind of trailers that are available in ETS 2.
Last edited by supersobes on 11 Apr 2021 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image from quote [Forum rule 2.13]
mackintosh

#5347 Post by mackintosh » 11 Apr 2021 16:04

Fair enough. If this is the case, then you need to pile up on SCS in the bug thread, because unless you're vocal (with proof), they won't do anything about it.
plinio.lisboa.br

#5348 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 11 Apr 2021 16:05

@Esproquet

Good afternoon my dear friend.

The photo that you presented to me I think is the ugliest roundabout in Spain. I know Spain a little (both from photos of my former professors, and from Spanish professors I already had in the area of regional development. And these people worked at universities in the Murcia region).
And of course also by my own research on Street View, I like to help a lot of updates on Google Maps.

But these works are very interesting even if they are very ugly, because they satisfy the ego of some '' artist '', who in another situation would have to look for a normal job, makes mom proud of her son.

Below I will just leave two examples of monument art that is really beautiful, and made from scrap metal. The genius artist is from Belarus and the monuments are found at each gas station, in a network of Belarus gas stations. Each gas station station has its own unique and different work of art, always with scrap metal.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Esproquet

#5349 Post by Esproquet » 11 Apr 2021 16:21

Great pics, did you say regional development? I'm not sure if I know any in that field, I spent quite some time in UMU internal meetings but that university is somewhat huge regarding student/population ratio in regard to other Spanish universities.

@Some newbie driver that would almost never happen in Murcia for 2 elementary reasons: 1-it hardly rains, 2-when it rains everyone runs for cover in despair as if it were the judgement day.

You'll probably get fined because you parked your car near a church and they couldn't take their MOÑEKOS out for a walk in procession. That happened to me twice already! It doesn't necessarily have to be Eastern; there are romerías and processions in Winter and Summer too.
Esproquet

#5350 Post by Esproquet » 11 Apr 2021 17:03

Do signals in Lleida lit the yellow light (red+yellow) before going green? I just saw it in the signal between the town and the bridge over river Segre. I can't take coordinates because I recently reinstalled to factory vaules and haven't edited the game log yet.

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”