Iberia Discussion

Towel

Re: Iberia Discussion

#6191 Post by Towel » 04 Oct 2021 21:39

I made a cheap concept map of iberia as the final result.
Attachments
iberiamap.png
Jatruck

#6192 Post by Jatruck » 04 Oct 2021 21:54

This is my map: :)
01.jpg
1. Completing A-52 near Vigo. It seems they were thinking to do it, as it's quite advanced. See here.

2. Pyrenees roads, of course.

3. N-432 Badajoz-Córdoba.

4. N-401 Ciudad Real-Toledo + A-40 till already in game A-5 and then till Salamanca. It seems they were thinking to do it as well.

5. A-31 + A-35 + A-7 Albacete-Valencia.
Trucker Nik

#6193 Post by Trucker Nik » 05 Oct 2021 17:28

N432 Badajoz Cordoba I would also like to see + E7 Zaragoza-Pau
dsf.fernando

#6194 Post by dsf.fernando » 05 Oct 2021 21:07

I think the extension of A22 to Portimão and continuation of the road to Sines as N120 may be viable. Also IP2 as a direct connection from Évora to Beja and N2 as a possible road connecting Cortiçadas and Ponte de Sor.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
SenseFM

#6195 Post by SenseFM » 06 Oct 2021 19:15

@Towel Interesting that you'd like a rework of those stretches in A-2, A-3 and AP-7. I'm pretty satisfied with how AP-7 has been represented, and even with the games' A-3 in spite of the miss of the viaducts over the Contreras Reservoir. But I would kinda like a rework in that stretch of A-2 - it's not unrealistic in-game per se, but I had hoped to see some elevation changes between Calatayud and Medinaceli, since there are some interesting rocks and gorges in the route. That said, I don't think it's very probable for already existing roads to be reworked, it has never happened so far AFAIK, and in my opinion priority should be given to the base map and other older areas.

I also kinda miss the elevation changes along A-23 between Teruel and Port de Sagunt. If the Pyrenean stretch of A-23 comes some day, I hope that the Monrepós Pass is accurately represented, it's IMHO one of the most scenic stretches in Spain's motorway system. Lol I would even recommend skipping most of A-23 between Zaragoza and Huesca if more space is needed for the making of the pass. Needless to say, the remaining two-lane stretch from Jaca to Pau should feature the Somport Tunnel and a good stretch of it should be surrounded by mountains while following the Aragón and Aspe Valleys.
Towel

#6196 Post by Towel » 07 Oct 2021 12:35

SenseFM wrote: 06 Oct 2021 19:15 @Towel Interesting that you'd like a rework of those stretches in A-2, A-3 and AP-7. I'm pretty satisfied with how AP-7 has been represented, and even with the games' A-3 in spite of the miss of the viaducts over the Contreras Reservoir. But I would kinda like a rework in that stretch of A-2 - it's not unrealistic in-game per se, but I had hoped to see some elevation changes between Calatayud and Medinaceli, since there are some interesting rocks and gorges in the route. That said, I don't think it's very probable for already existing roads to be reworked, it has never happened so far AFAIK, and in my opinion priority should be given to the base map and other older areas.

I also kinda miss the elevation changes along A-23 between Teruel and Port de Sagunt. If the Pyrenean stretch of A-23 comes some day, I hope that the Monrepós Pass is accurately represented, it's IMHO one of the most scenic stretches in Spain's motorway system. Lol I would even recommend skipping most of A-23 between Zaragoza and Huesca if more space is needed for the making of the pass. Needless to say, the remaining two-lane stretch from Jaca to Pau should feature the Somport Tunnel and a good stretch of it should be surrounded by mountains while following the Aragón and Aspe Valleys.
I agree. i have overextended the a7 part, its the part between valencia and Vinarós where some work needs to be done. A little elevation. But its not that necessary.
The A3,A2 and a23 is where we really see a difference. I recently played the promods version and Damn! They have done it so well, its a bit unfortunate how SCS made these roads so cheaply, i really expected that they'd do what Promods did, but oh well. I hope that the Promods team will rework these parts, because it sure is a beatiful drive you can get on these roads. Also Madrid doesnt feel like madrid, they have put one ring road and then spread the industries a little and thats it, the signage is also very poorly done. Looks like SCS really needed some more time to make this dlc perfect. I am even tempting to learn to make maps for ets2 and ats just so i can rework the parts, so it will become more enjoyable for the community.
Jatruck

#6197 Post by Jatruck » 07 Oct 2021 18:22

Looking in the Iberia map (road exits already done) I think my list needs to be updated:

1. Completing A-52 near Vigo. It's OK. Both exits already done.

2. Only one Pyrenees road likely: E-7 Zaragoza-Pau. Both exits already done.

3. N-432 Badajoz-Córdoba. It's OK. Both exits already done.

4. N-401 + N-403 + A-50 Ciudad Real-Salamanca. Both exits already done.

5. A-31 + A-35 + A-7 Albacete-Valencia. It's OK. Both exits already done.

More or less this map:
01.jpg
taneorb

#6198 Post by taneorb » 11 Oct 2021 13:59

So can anyone tell me who thought that those terrible roundabouts in Málaga were a good idea? In game they work fine due to not having much traffic, irl oh my god all they seem to do is cause traffic jams and make everything more complicated.

The ones I'm talking about are a roundabout with traffic lights, but they also have road going through them which is also controlled by traffic lights.

Edit: I also saw an actual double truck for the first time, it was actually two full size container trailers
oldmanclippy

#6199 Post by oldmanclippy » 11 Oct 2021 15:00

Anything is better than the roundabouts in Russia and Turkey where you have to yield to traffic entering the roundabout. Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose? :lol:
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Some newbie driver

#6200 Post by Some newbie driver » 11 Oct 2021 16:28

@taneorb, didn't you know what it's said? Spain is different. :lol:

Return to “General discussion about the game”