Iberia Discussion

FierbetoN

Re: Iberia Discussion

#5281 Post by FierbetoN » 10 Apr 2021 18:15

LAFAYET47 wrote: 10 Apr 2021 17:53they simply can´t be omitted in favour of secondary roads...this would be a huge mistake. These roads are what logistics companies mostly use in their daily operations
Yet they did just that with the some of the most important trucking roads in Romania. Even worse, those roads were more scenic than most highways in Iberia (Olt Valley for example) :lol:
BRCKHMPTN

#5282 Post by BRCKHMPTN » 10 Apr 2021 18:22

55sixxx wrote: 10 Apr 2021 17:13 Does anyone knows where this is located ??? (The small road to the left)
Should be Cercal if I remember correctly.
alphastar003

#5283 Post by alphastar003 » 10 Apr 2021 18:26

LAFAYET47 wrote: 10 Apr 2021 17:53 Spain and Portugal have a really really dense network of motorways/highways, they simply can´t be omitted in favour of secondary roads...this would be a huge mistake. These roads are what logistics companies mostly use in their daily operations, not secondary roads for admiring beautiful landscapes. I see that quite a few people who have never been in Iberia (heck,and even many of my fellow countrymen) have a hard time understanding this, but it is what is. I do however recognize that some additional secondary roads could have implemented ofc, but SCS did quite a good job giving us the most important roads. Scale is another factor that people usually forget, you can´t simply put a lot of highways and and a lot of secondary roads in 1:19 scale and expect the whole thing work. This is not how mapping works, there are really a lot of constraints because of the scale the game uses.

In my opinion as native unhabitant of Iberia, this problem with secondary roads is quite low in my list of priorities. I have much more concerns with signage and elevation changes. In both of these fields I have already feel somewhat dissapointed. I just can´t understand why ATS signage is soo awesome and ETS2 (even it is much better than in the past) is still subpair, very simplified and lame at times. With elevation changes same thing, why it is so awesome in the latest ATS DLC's and not in ETS2? Iberia was a HUGE oportunity to prove a broader audience that not whole Europe is flat as a pancake, and yet they have failed. I have been already in 3 well known mountain passes in Spain and they all feel very flat...not even a small struggle for your truck, absolutely anything. I want to believe this will change with the remaining mountain passes that I have not been yet, but man, I have a bad feeling...
yep i feel the same the ATS dlcs for example Colorado is so much dense and rich in terms of elevation changes and the signs are also really very good and properly implemented as well ; it is sad that there are so many inaccurate signs and as rightly stated many areas just lack the detailed and proper signs ... and without them the roads just feels too blank sometimes ... it feels like they really rushed some part of it and so it looks unpolished at many places , even the border entry signs are completely wrong !!! :frowning2:
Komen

#5284 Post by Komen » 10 Apr 2021 18:30

krmarci wrote: 10 Apr 2021 17:08 How many cities have you discovered already? I'm at 14/49, 10 of which also counted toward the WoT event.
I've discovered 41/49 cities and I've already completed the WoT event 8-) :geek:
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en
Marcello Julio

#5285 Post by Marcello Julio » 10 Apr 2021 18:34

Abou the roads question, I read some complaints and I believe that the majority who do not know much about ETS2 and ATS, do not know that the 1:20 scale is one of the limitations. It would be nice to have all roads in Spain and Portugal, but scale is the main factor. Unfortunately decisions have been made and this can make some happy and sad. In terms of roads for me the DLC looks amazing!

Yes, I agree with some problems, mainly the signage is wrong in some parts or roads where the signage is missing, but this I believe will be resolved for the next update.

Overall, the DLC for me is incredible. The detail level we had was something that surpassed in all aspects. Iberia is an example of what we can expect in detail for the next map expansions :D
plykkegaard

#5286 Post by plykkegaard » 10 Apr 2021 18:37

Something new?
Bilbao

[ external image ]

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#5287 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Apr 2021 18:38

OK, let's be clear with elevation changes, here's some raw numbers for you to think about them:

First: In ATS Colorado we are driving from/to cities under 1.000m above sea level to roads over 3.000m. In Iberia we are driving from/to sea level to cities around 1.200m the most (I think). So, ATS elevations are double ETS ones (and on a slighter smaller scale, so they have to be more exagerated). There you have your difference in height sensation. I'm well aware (and I like) the orography of my country regarding driving; but we are no "rivals" of what USA states on the Rocky Mountains have in there. Period. The only places in the whole Europe that could rival with the orography of ATS are in the Urals or in the Caucaus. Not even the Alps, even properly done, can look face to face the Rocky Mountains. It will take several years for ETS to arrive there.

Second: I've been driving with my current profile all over Europe, any kind of cargo (with exception of heavy loads, the truck isn't fitted for them, but I loaded heavy tankers and doubles). All kind of roads, all kind of destinations. And in the last 40k kilometers (last time that, by accident, I reset it) my fuel mileage was 27l/100km (plus/minus some tenth). After a few jobs in Iberia (entering to Barcelona, to Zaragoza, Albacete, back to Madrid, roaming a bit on there and now Bilbao) I'm already at 29.2 l/100km. I'm driving as bad as before, it's the same truck and I'm still taking any kind of cargo (in fact, I did 1 long and 1 short trip with CPUs, go imagine). So I've not lost 2 liters of average fuel each 100km without a reason. The roads are WAY more hilly that most people seems to notice; I've crawled at 50km/h in some places the A3 and in the A1 (with cargo around 20t, 420HP truck). I'm sure there will be more in there.

What we aren't going to have is infinite ramps (remember, 1:19 scale) and we are driving all highways WELL DONE. Because finally, we have highways mostly free of unrealistic criminally-designed turns where one can't keep the speed without crash... I'm looking at you, VLF). We aren't going to have neither highways that twist all the time so they can climb more to give us sensation of height. We have almost none of those in Spain (only in the part that they don't included: Pyrenees): we cut through as it can be easily seen everywhere. I think it has been A3 from Albacete to Madrid maybe (not sure anyway): for a lot of kilometers the road was flanked by all the hills cut in half so the highway can climb smooth. As like IRL. And yes, IRL there are longer ramps. Again people: 1:19 scale; those enormous ramps we all know from here last for 1km in the game if not less. That's under 40s of gameplay when we drive at 90km/h.

I said from day 1 I was upset to not having Pyrenees. But don't expect that in exchange all of a sudden the highways we do get are going to be roller-coasters. There's exits with non-crossed signs pointing Soria in the A-2 and A-3; so probably a secondary road filling all that place was planed. The same for a road to Pau through Pyrenees; non-crossed "France" signs near the entrance of Zaragoza. Probably there's some more of that kind of stuff in other places (although the bigger empty zones are the ones I said). Let's hope they add them later (France got an update of that kind way after it was released).

Regards
Marcello Julio

#5288 Post by Marcello Julio » 10 Apr 2021 18:42

I still believe that Pyrenees and Andorra will come in a future update.
plykkegaard

#5289 Post by plykkegaard » 10 Apr 2021 18:46

The plateau is quite high above sea level
Meseta Central has an average of 2200 km above sea level

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Komen

#5290 Post by Komen » 10 Apr 2021 18:50

I did have a look at the intersection in Zaragoza where there was signs pointing out to Huesca and Pau and looks like there is a bit of development on that as the road is extended out further north a little bit. It does seem safe to say that we may have a direct connection in the future from Pau-Zaragoza as Pau is sort of developed and there are toll markers in the closed off road that links the town. Whether Huesca will be included is 50/50 in my opinion.
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en

Return to “General discussion about the game”