Iberia Discussion

Some newbie driver

Re: Iberia Discussion

#921 Post by Some newbie driver » 31 Jul 2020 18:01

There's no big difference with ONE container, but any small city has thousands of containers. It's like the Malayan drop; one is nothing, thousands are a trouble. Those underground trash bins require x3 or x4 more time than regular ones to be collected. So, your running costs of vehicles and crews for garbage collection are multiplied by the same amount. And if the collecting is on daylight, it's x3 or x4 more time those trucks obstructing traffic. If the collection is at night, it's x3 or x4 time those trucks causing noise all around. All of this (and several other problems, costs and nuisances) because some people is so dedicated that don't want to see a trash bin.

If they are very usual in Portugal of course SCS should have them in mind when depicting those urban zones. They exist too in Spain and if SCS had to put them to depict better the place, I'm perfectly OK with it. But I rather to have not to see anyone in game because that would mean that IRL there would be no more of that nonsense.

Regards

PS: @xXCARL1992Xx the Spanish trash containers that @Stefanen2020 had found in the game files (the center one no, the others) are almost so big and with the same capacity that those underground builds. Even if the underground ones would be larger, they wouldn't have x3 or x4 the capacity of the surface ones (those size wouldn't be practical, require more expensive lifting equipment and would create problems of too many garbage accumulated for too long). So, even being bigger, at the end you still require more trucks and crews to do the same job plus all the other extra costs and problems. There's no single city in Spain that started to do that and didn't stopped it after a short time because the cons were soon very clear (well, the cons were clear even before they start, but politicians are stubborn when they face facts).
Kirmes-Truck

#922 Post by Kirmes-Truck » 31 Jul 2020 23:39

@ SCS

Concerning the on-off tact of the red beacons on the windturbines i know that in germany it is like this on many windturbines

1 cycle:

Red Lights ON (1Second)
Red Lights OFF (0.5 Scond)
Red Lights ON (1 Second)
Red Lights OFF (2 Seconds)

Then cycle starts again.
Stefan E.

#923 Post by Stefan E. » 01 Aug 2020 10:07

@Kirmes-Truck
The same goes for windturbines in Romania.
ProMods Romania Developer
https://discord.gg/2HezBQTw7v
Creator of RO-Rebuild Project
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=297813
itsavenn

#924 Post by itsavenn » 04 Aug 2020 13:25

[ external image ]
SCS revealed that it will do a specific topic (blog post) about Portugal soon.
I think it will be a post about cities, maybe? last year they did the same for the 3 RTBS countries
Some newbie driver

#925 Post by Some newbie driver » 04 Aug 2020 13:48

The blog article about cities (for portugal and for Spain) is more than expected.

But I'm sure there will be also more blog articles about specifics of each country. There's still 4 months before the minimum release date we could expect (and the odds for it to be later are high).

There's TONS of time for a lot more blog articles about Iberia DLC.
Vinnie Terranova

#926 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 04 Aug 2020 15:58

With the upcoming Iberian DLC in the not so far future I wonder if we soon also can expect a blog about revisiting Germany (south part) and other old parts of the base map (Benelux, UK, etc)? I mean, we can notice it with the Idaho DLC for ATS: it is awesome. But the more awesome a DLC is, the bigger the (visual) differences will be between the newest DLCs and the base map.
The base map of ATS is quite good already. Of course it could be much better, but it is of reasonable quiality. The base map of ETS2 however... :?
Some newbie driver

#927 Post by Some newbie driver » 04 Aug 2020 16:36

Past year they said the people working on Germany had to leave it in the fridge to go help with RttBS. This year they are facing a DLC with potentially double the work RttBS required plus the damm coronas*** problems. I'm not confident at all we could have last part of Germany this year. I wish to be wrong although.
itsavenn

#928 Post by itsavenn » 05 Aug 2020 12:34

https://prnt.sc/tugjvp
About the teaser today, the location is lisbon, Avenida de Ceuta
https://prnt.sc/tuglln

here you can better explore the area:
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.7074471 ... 384!8i8192

all credits for: https://prnt.sc/tugmpo
dsf.fernando

#929 Post by dsf.fernando » 08 Aug 2020 19:35

Are trucks allowed in this avenue?
Last edited by supersobes on 08 Aug 2020 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote [Forum rule 2.12]
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Shiva

#930 Post by Shiva » 09 Aug 2020 09:13

https://urbanaccessregulations.eu/count ... gal/lisbon
Seems to be a yes. But it is a road that marks the edge of the Lisbon Low Emission Zone.
East of it, is the regulated zone. It seems to have specific times?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”