Iberia Discussion

Esproquet

Re: Iberia Discussion

#1581 Post by Esproquet » 25 Oct 2020 20:12

2 weeks withoug a blog, I gotta say I envy a bit Colorado fans.

Talking a bit more about the water hardness in Spain, Almería, Valencia & Barcelona have the hardest of them all. This map is an estimate, it may vary from year to year.

And about the aquifers, they are under severe stress, many swampy areas are drying out, especially in Doñana (southwest of Andalucía) and the Tablas de Daimiel (in western Castilla-La Mancha) because of extensive use of agriculture and farming. Farms near Doñana (in Huelva) are the biggest red fruits producers in Europe and the biggest red fruits exporters of the world, strawberries, redberries, blueberries... if you live in the EU, you'll probably eat them if you buy them at big supermarkets. On the other hand, in Castilla they are creating again and again new pig farms instead of using traditional crops (like lentils) because they are more profitable even though they need much more water... In the southeast the problem is different. Mar Menor farms take their water from transfer canals (Segura river and Tajo (Tagus) river), in order to satisfy a greater production many farmers use fertilizers like crazy so they can produce more and faster... the result is that Campo de Cartagena aquifer is full of plant nutrients that end up in Mar Menor, proliferating algae and bacteria that neutralize oxygen.

Thankfully, after COVID break, it seems that Mar Menor is having more life after last year crisis, from the middle of the 2010s it started to look ugly even though many cities make their earnings from tourism. From 2015, many farmers are taking up initiatives to adapt their fertilizers to nitrogen-neutral ones and other techniques way more respectful to nature. Still, there's a long way to go for a more eco-friendly agriculture with less C02 emissions and aquifer contamination.
Last edited by Esproquet on 25 Oct 2020 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

ikeSeki

#1582 Post by ikeSeki » 25 Oct 2020 20:23

Esproquet wrote:
25 Oct 2020 20:12
2 weeks withoug a blog, I gotta say I envy a bit Colorado fans.
It's nothing unusual for October. ;) It happened with both RttBS and BtBS DCL's in October, only 1 or 2 blog posts for those DLC's in the whole October, but then blog posts about them ramped up in November.

But I feel what you are saying, hoping for Iberia blog post this week, fingers crossed :)

Nicolas_4750

#1583 Post by Nicolas_4750 » 25 Oct 2020 22:27

True, there are not many articles for the ETS2 DLC in October. There will be more articles for Colorado as its release is near (early November if we follow the logic ;) )

I also hope a small article in the week (Portugal I hope :D ), after if possible we can have a gameplay in mid-November :)

I also hope an update of the beta with Iberia grey on the map, it’s 8 years I’ve been waiting for this moment :D
IBERIA and PORTUGAL are coming in ETS2 !

🇵🇹TransMinho [PT]

Kirmes-Truck

#1584 Post by Kirmes-Truck » 26 Oct 2020 04:09

My concern is that many ideas and suggestion could be ignored.

It makes also for forum users lots of work for researches.

Yesterday it took more than one hour for the posts about port of Algeciras and very dense ship traffic.
Also about the coast of morocco south of Algeciras and Tarifa.

Shiva

#1585 Post by Shiva » 26 Oct 2020 09:10

Esproquet, good that they atleast start to get more eco friendly.
Not good to destroy the place 1 lives at.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Esproquet

#1586 Post by Esproquet » 26 Oct 2020 10:42

There's a saying that goes,"bread for today, hunger for tomorrow". That happens when there's short-sighted people running businesses and governments.

Kirmes truck, did you tried posting in the research tip thread?

Kirmes-Truck

#1587 Post by Kirmes-Truck » 26 Oct 2020 11:30

@ Esproquet

If you are familiar with the region at Algeciras and Gibraltar, what i asume, can you help assisting about companies and other interesting informations?

For me the area is becoming very interesting as you have different companies in the area.

The small ports which i have mentioned are for certain
branches.

For exampme:

Port of

Algeciras = container port mainly, Ro-Ro/ferry, vehicles transporters

Palmones = sands, old metals, minerals

Campamento = ship dry docks, repair overhaul
(Cernaval Group Shipyard)

Carteya Guadarranque = oil industrie

Gibraltar =

May be you can also point out which ports are for yachts.

I only found Alcaidesa Marina near Gibraltar.

The area covers different branches which should be one of the most important places in the dlc as it covers different branches for the jobmarket in ETS2.
Last edited by Kirmes-Truck on 26 Oct 2020 14:45, edited 2 times in total.

oldmanclippy

#1588 Post by oldmanclippy » 26 Oct 2020 14:28

@Kirmes-Truck It would be pretty amazing if we were able to see Africa from Algeciras. St. Petersburg in the Northeast to being able to see Africa from the southeast. That's pretty surreal.
ATS state release order concept map | Road to Moscow 2021 concept map
Western Star 49X Day Cab (Soon to be Freightliner Cascadia Sleeper) | Mercedes-Benz New Actros GigaSpace
Lamar, CO | Bern, CH

Kirmes-Truck

#1589 Post by Kirmes-Truck » 26 Oct 2020 14:50

Yes it would be really amazing.
Between Gibraltar and Tarifa the moroccan Coast should be considered.
As i wrote the port of Tanger Med1, Tanger Med2, Tanger Med Ro-Ro/Ferry area, are visible. Also during the night because of the port illumination.

The mountains and coasts are also very nice.
Check my post about Jebel Musa/Mount Moses and the photos.

Also you have very dense ship traffic.

The strait of Gibraltar is a very dense ship highway.
You can see that on the maritime tracking website

https://www.myshiptracking.com/

Eric07

#1590 Post by Eric07 » 26 Oct 2020 16:03

Will there be a post from iberia this week?

Return to “General discussion about the game”