Iberia Discussion

plykkegaard

Re: Iberia Discussion

#2831 Post by plykkegaard » 14 Jan 2021 19:04

Yes when 1.40 is in public beta we can start to talk about an Iberia release date not before
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

Esproquet

#2832 Post by Esproquet » 14 Jan 2021 19:07

For the sake of HYPENESS I'm creating a collaborative map in which you can add images to it and classify them in order to avoid a chaotic upload of data. It's a lot of work, but if somebody wants to help, feel free to send me a PM with the e-mail address you might want to use in the app.

Link to the map: https://maphub.net/Esproquet/ets2-iberia

How it looks:

As you can see I've already created 3 groups, one for the steam Iberia page and two for the Iconic Landmarks blog entry and the Coastal Cities one. There's work to be done yet.

The methodology I propose is simple:
  • 1st Download picture from blog
  • 2nd Reduce it to 1/3 of its original size (optional/recommended)
  • 3rd Upload the image to the MapHub.
  • 4th Add title using a #/## pattern to help classify them (i.e.: 1/12 Title/Name/Location). These numbers are given by the position of that picture in the picture carousel and total pictures of each blog entry.
  • 5th Place picture in the corresponding spot.
  • 6th METADATA: Link will be completed with a link to the original image from SCS blog. Optional/recommended.
  • 7th METADATA: Description should be completed with a google maps link to the real location (street view when possible). Optional/recommended.
  • 8th Place the picture in the appropriate group of items. Each group represents a blog entry (i.e. Iconic Landmarks). If it hasn't been created yet, do it!
  • 9th Save
  • 10th Share when finished
@Tb22r I think there's still room for more information and probably at least 2 more months before the release date. We haven't seen much from Portugal and certain parts of Spain.
Last edited by Esproquet on 14 Jan 2021 19:41, edited 3 times in total.
IBERIA screenshots interactive map: https://maphub.net/Esproquet/ets2-iberia

dsf.fernando

Re: Discussione Iberia

#2833 Post by dsf.fernando » 14 Jan 2021 19:08

Mr993 wrote:
14 Jan 2021 13:06
no, I expressed myself badly.
i meant which city will be almost as big as Madrid, I think Barcelona. Valencia slightly more compact.
I would bet Lisbon. Basically the entire western part of the Lisbon metropolitan area is so large that Setúbal could be featured as a standalone city.

Polytechnic of Leiria - Portugal - Undergraduate in Games and Multimedia - Year 2 (para a tristeza dos bacanos)
#AddLeiria to the Iberia DLC

tiagocarper9831

#2834 Post by tiagocarper9831 » 14 Jan 2021 19:40

Next blog i think it would be about something from Portugal.

Mooner_37

#2835 Post by Mooner_37 » 14 Jan 2021 21:38

I'd like to see more of Portugal :)
ETS2 / ATS
Current Trucks: ETS 2: 15 ATS: 24
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Miles: ETS2: 323,002.00 km (200,704.13 miles) - ATS: 255,885.70 km (159,000.00 miles)
Lv: ETS 2: 49 - ATS: 39

krmarci

#2836 Post by krmarci » 15 Jan 2021 06:49

Esproquet wrote:
14 Jan 2021 19:07
For the sake of HYPENESS I'm creating a collaborative map in which you can add images to it and classify them in order to avoid a chaotic upload of data. It's a lot of work, but if somebody wants to help, feel free to send me a PM with the e-mail address you might want to use in the app.

Link to the map: https://maphub.net/Esproquet/ets2-iberia

How it looks:

As you can see I've already created 3 groups, one for the steam Iberia page and two for the Iconic Landmarks blog entry and the Coastal Cities one. There's work to be done yet.

The methodology I propose is simple:
  • 1st Download picture from blog
  • 2nd Reduce it to 1/3 of its original size (optional/recommended)
  • 3rd Upload the image to the MapHub.
  • 4th Add title using a #/## pattern to help classify them (i.e.: 1/12 Title/Name/Location). These numbers are given by the position of that picture in the picture carousel and total pictures of each blog entry.
  • 5th Place picture in the corresponding spot.
  • 6th METADATA: Link will be completed with a link to the original image from SCS blog. Optional/recommended.
  • 7th METADATA: Description should be completed with a google maps link to the real location (street view when possible). Optional/recommended.
  • 8th Place the picture in the appropriate group of items. Each group represents a blog entry (i.e. Iconic Landmarks). If it hasn't been created yet, do it!
  • 9th Save
  • 10th Share when finished
@Tb22r I think there's still room for more information and probably at least 2 more months before the release date. We haven't seen much from Portugal and certain parts of Spain.
I'm already working on something similar, check out my signature. (Although it's not collaborative, and it's for the whole map.)
Last edited by supersobes on 15 Jan 2021 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image from quote [Forum rule 2.13]

Pumizo
Beta tester

Re: Discussione Iberia

#2837 Post by Pumizo » 15 Jan 2021 09:01

dsf.fernando wrote:
14 Jan 2021 19:08
I would bet Lisbon. Basically the entire western part of the Lisbon metropolitan area is so large that Setúbal could be featured as a standalone city.
We can always dream big, but don't forget the in-game scale limitations ;)
ImageImageImage

Esproquet

#2838 Post by Esproquet » 15 Jan 2021 09:18

@krmarci I knew your map, pretty nice indeed.

I decided to make this one for THE SAKE OF HYPENESS ©, especially having in mind my RL friends and the upcoming MP feature, maybe I can convince one or two of them to ride with me on a convoy. It's not an easy task though. Also it's accesible for everyone to see and share, the main difference with krmarci's being the use of screenshots and their RL locations.

[disguised as El Fary in archbishop's garnments]
Oh Lord be merciful of the HYPERS, for all they only want to do is spread the noble work of SCS employees, let the people's awareness of this glorious Iberian DLC arise.
[/disguised as El Fary in archbishop's garnments]
IBERIA screenshots interactive map: https://maphub.net/Esproquet/ets2-iberia

sidedream

#2839 Post by sidedream » 15 Jan 2021 10:41

MANTGX wrote:
07 Jan 2021 17:32
I hope that there will be a third way of connection between Framcia and Spain through the Pyrenees, it is a bit disappointing if finally there are only the two connections by the coast and none by the Pyrenees, since there are about 400 km of separation between both connections to be able to make some more connection.

tout à fait d'accord !!!la traversée par Andorre ou le col du Somport, (avec Promods)
sont très agréables...... si c'est juste pour avoir de l'autoroute ..........

completely agree !!! the crossing through Andorra or the Somport pass, (with Promods)
are very nice ...... if it's just to have the highway ..........

plykkegaard

#2840 Post by plykkegaard » 15 Jan 2021 12:19

Andorra is obvious just for the fun of it
Forget if the country is way to small to be represendted i ETS2
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

Return to “General discussion about the game”