Poll: which map expansion do you think is the best?

Which map expansion do you think is the best?

Going East
1%
Scandinavia
12%
Vive le France
7%
Italia
21%
Beyond the Baltic Sea
17%
Road to the Black Sea
41%

Total votes: 242

natjer3

Poll: which map expansion do you think is the best?

#1 Post by natjer3 » 20 Dec 2019 12:58

Hi all, I am creating this poll because it would be very interesting to see which ETS2 map expansion is the best. Do not hesitate to comment if you have an opinion about the expansions.
Topolino.

Re: Poll: which map expansion do you think is the best?

#2 Post by Topolino. » 20 Dec 2019 13:07

My ranking:
1) Road to the Black Sea
2) Italia
3) Beyond the Baltic Sea
4) Vive La France
5) Scandinavia
6) Going East

So I think most of the time SCS again and again improved their mapping qualities, I was just a bit disappointed by the Baltics which do not look as great as Italy and a bit boring (but maybe Reallife is to blame for that). However, RttBS now became my favourite because it has even more nice landscapes and country roads than Italy. So BtBS and France are quite close to each other, France boosted by the recent Corsica addition.
Scandinavia has a few old map techniques (custom interchanges e. g.) I don't like, but landscaping is well-done. Going East looks nearly as poor as the old base map.
EuRoadNet team leader
MappingOnLinux! (Manjaro KDE)
pigbrother

#3 Post by pigbrother » 20 Dec 2019 13:37

For some reasons, I like Italia the most. Then Black Sea and Baltica. France is still great, the progress is visible on newer maps tho. Scandinavia has some legacy quirks but it's still good looking. Going East... lol.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
natjer3

#4 Post by natjer3 » 20 Dec 2019 19:54

@pigbrother Going East feels like they added whatever they didn't manage to bring out in the base game. This maybe the truth too.
supersobes
Global moderator

#5 Post by supersobes » 20 Dec 2019 19:57

I'd have to say that I prefer the France DLC. It was really the first DLC that truly looks different from the older maps in my opinion. The road density is nice, and there is a good balance of Autoroutes and back roads. City and industry density and placement is good too. The DLC has lots of awesome little details too, and France has some cool road signage.
rip_c_bennington

#6 Post by rip_c_bennington » 20 Dec 2019 23:14

I say BTBS because it has 5 (6) countries, of which three are completly, and good connections to the base map together with connections to two other DLCs.

Scandinavia is good but since Sweden and especially Norway are incomplete it does not really feel like a "Scandinavia DLC".

France and Italy are good, especially the Mediterranean Islands, but yeah it's just one country.

RttBS has a good scenery, but it is a "cul-de-sac" DLC with unideal connections to other DLCs beside GoE and the base map.

GoE is like Stone Age no need to say more to it.
d4nn

#7 Post by d4nn » 20 Dec 2019 23:15

I really have a great feeling for Scandinavia as it was the start to quality maps, up there I would also place Beyond the Baltic Sea. Have not played the latest yet, tho.
dahaka

#8 Post by dahaka » 21 Dec 2019 14:43

Going East is something that should just become part of the base game. Same quality, same graphics, and at this point its so cheap there is no sense in not buying it with the base game.
Scandinavia is a good DLC, not extremely different from the base map, but different enough for someone to be able to drive through it without begging for a rework.
Vive la France is quite honestly a great effort. The southwest part of it is missing, and it should have included a full rework of the eastern part, cities like Lyon are in a bad condition. Aside from that the balance between highways and secondary roads is great, the industries are done nicely, and there are plenty of beautiful places to drive through.
Italia is a magnificent DLC. It captures all the beauty of Italy very well, and even though some ports like Civitavecchia and Brindisi are missing, hope remains they will be added in the future. IMHO a rework of the Brenner pass is also required.
Beyond the Baltic sea is also a very good one, accurate and well made.
Road to the Black sea is offcourse the newest DLC and as such its obviously the best made one. Some important roads were not included, but the overall quality of the DLC is great, and worth every penny.
saur44l

#9 Post by saur44l » 21 Dec 2019 19:11

RTTBS is the best one,at least for me,the attention to the details there is mind blowing and I am yet to explore the entire map.At the moment probably the best map dlc for both games.
BTBS is the second,great quality and real joy to drive through there,only downside is that terrain is flat almost everywhere …..like in real life :mrgreen: ,but nothing game breaking for me and it makes that region unique.
France and Italy,honestly I can't make up my mind which one is better.
Scandinavia,although second to last the quality of the map is still holding and driving there is always fun...especially in Norway.
Going East......Like someone said it is maybe time to add this expansion to the base game and start working on it from scratch.
isaac_mihai

#10 Post by isaac_mihai » 22 Dec 2019 14:38

In my opinion:

1) Italia - the most beautifull sceneery and has a nice exotic feels.
2) Scandinavia - Old ut gold, I don't really like the quality of Danemark but Sweden and Norway are interesting enough to get to 2nd place for me.
3) Beyond the Baltic Sea - The quality is great but for some reason I find it pretty boring to drive to. It is just to flat for my taste, with no hills or mountains and it become repetitive at some point.
4) Vive la France - I just hate the amount of toll booths on the already anost and boring France highways. The small roads with villages are great but they don't comensate enough for the annyoing highways.
5) Going East - is just old quality and kind of meh but it still has some great places to go. It is not like some people say (same quality as the base map), it still has some unique assests and the cities are bigger than in the base map.

I don't own RTTBS yet so I cannot judge it.

Return to “General discussion about the game”