Poll: how do you want the UK to be rebuilt/revisited?

The fate of the UK *See how to vote in the description*

1.Keep it as it is
1%
2.Revisit the UK (change signs, junctions, highways and rebuild a few cities)
8%
3.Rebuild the UK from the ground up
16%
4.Rebuild the UK from the ground up changing the scale to 1:20
31%
A.Add Ireland (Northern Ireland and Rep of Ireland)
41%
B.Do not add Ireland.
2%

Total votes: 530

natjer3

Poll: how do you want the UK to be rebuilt/revisited?

#1 Post by natjer3 » 24 Dec 2019 21:33

Hi all,

As you all might know SCS is currently revisiting older parts of the map (ex: Germany). That means that it's not a question of if but when this will be done to the UK. It is also a quesion of how they will do this. It may be just a revisiting or even rebuilding the UK from the ground up as it also has a different scale than the mainland. This may include the addition of the island of Ireland. Also there are no border controls going into and out of the UK in game and this could really add the realism especially due to Brexit which will make border controls even harder.

HOW TO VOTE

Select one choice between 1,2,3 and 4 and one choice between A and B

Thanks
rip_c_bennington

Re: Poll: how do you want the UK to be rebuilt/revisited?

#2 Post by rip_c_bennington » 24 Dec 2019 22:55

I would definitely say UK needs more then a rework, a completly rebuild and an extension in multiple ways (more roads, cities, areas, ferries ...). I would also pay for a British Isles DLC.
IvanKuz

#3 Post by IvanKuz » 24 Dec 2019 23:20

Rebuild from the ground up, preferably in 1:19 and with Wales and Scotland expanded.

As for Ireland, I voted to include it, but I actually imagine it coming as a separate DLC, hopefully along with Isle of Man (at least just Douglas, nothing else would fit probably). And if Ireland gets grouped together with Iceland due to their relative small size, then I'd love to see Faroe Islands thrown in as well.
jackalnxt

#4 Post by jackalnxt » 25 Dec 2019 07:47

Scaling it down to 1:20 is the worst option. If anything, the entire map should be upgraded to 1:15 :(
Some newbie driver

#5 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Dec 2019 10:00

I'm with you @jackalnxt, I never understand why so many people ask SCS to reduce the content of the map... Even if it's just a dream to move to 1:15 on the rest of the map (due the ginormous amount of work it would involve), at least let the UK to stay at 1:15.

In fact, it's just me or anybody els thinks that Corsica is also using a different scale? They have put a LOT of road network even for such a small place.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#6 Post by Mohegan13 » 25 Dec 2019 10:20

A complete rework from the ground up just like Pavel said they are doing.

If they do resale it we won't see an update for at least 2-3 years. Because you can't release partial updates (like Germany) with different scales in it. So they would literally have to do the whole of the UK map before we see anything of it and that is not a good thing. Most people avoid the UK because of the ugly and not very accurate map, having to play it for several more years... No thanks.

So I would rather sacrifice a rescale and keep the scale as is, and get out partial updates in the same way Germany got them. I would suggest starting in Wales and Scotland, fleshing out those areas in the process and adding more roads/cities/townships particularly in Northern Scotland. Then slowly reworking England from the North down. If Ireland would ever come I expect that as a DLC (actually I expect that immediately after Iberia).

I do think a rescale would be a bad idea technically though, because of the cities they have chosen to include some would just be too close to each other (they already feel that way with Liverpool and Manchester) and would make things worse. Since removing cities is not an option, I would really rather then forgo a rescale, but mostly because I would rather see updates sooner in parts, than wait 2+ years for a full rebuild and rescale.

Part of the reason I don't like driving in the UK is because of the scale difference, but a rebuilt UK that looks nice and unique and more accurate representation I feel it might offset that "too long" feel because we aren't bored driving through it. Next year we might find out how they plan to handle it, hopefully Germany should be finished with the first big update so UK could potentially start in time to see some progress at the end of the year. Particularly if they start on the smaller countries in the UK first.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
flight50

#7 Post by flight50 » 25 Dec 2019 10:33

I voted 4A. Keeping the scale the same thru out the games is a plus and a rebuild at that. What ever they are using for the other islands, is what I'd go with. To go along with that, adding Ireland and providing Scotland will do wonders I am sure. I think if they add Ireland or possibly even Iceland, that should be a charged dlc. Ireland/Iceland and the UK is just rolled into the the dlc.
Last edited by flight50 on 25 Dec 2019 10:37, edited 1 time in total.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#8 Post by Mohegan13 » 25 Dec 2019 10:36

If I am completely honest, I don't think we'll get more of Wales or Scotland, in the same way we don't get Northern Scandinavia.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
IvanKuz

#9 Post by IvanKuz » 25 Dec 2019 12:27

To be honest, that's part of the reason why I'm hoping for a rescale: perhaps if the existing road network is made smaller, there is a better chance for additional roads and towns to be added at the north and west to balance it out. (Other parts being simply a desire for consistency and the fact that the 1:15 UK as it currently is feels pretty boring, so when I'm driving down a motorway there I want it to be over sooner. Though obviously a rebuild in any form regardless of scale would most likely alleviate the latter, so it's kind of a moot point)
jackalnxt

#10 Post by jackalnxt » 25 Dec 2019 12:47

How would scaling down the map allow for more cities? If they rebuild it at 1:15 they can include more scenic roads, villages, landmarks and make the major cities dense.

EDIT: I do think Wales is the best place to begin rebuilding it, since that is where most of the ferries for Ireland are. And an Irish DLC is quite likely.

Return to “General discussion about the game”