Euro Truck Simulator 3 concept map

dsf.fernando

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 3 concept map

#61 Post by dsf.fernando » 21 Apr 2021 09:49

Yes, i think SCS projects grew so much they may need to open a second studio to help development.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Freeze338

#62 Post by Freeze338 » 24 Apr 2021 21:51

What ETS3 are you talking about ? You are already playing ETS3. Compare the 2012 version and the game now you play. You already have a new game.

SCS started to make a game and expand + change strategy after ETS2 released instead of releasing new game for each 2-3 years. Not only SCS did also other big games uses that way as well. For example CS:GO. Before that Valve always making new Counter Strike games for big changes. Now instead of that, they make big changes with updates. So does the World of Warcraft and etc.

Beside current game is way away for finished. I'm not even gonna talk about gameplay, trucks, physics, trucking, new truck types, multiplayer, seasons and enviroments etc. but only the map requires lot's of years. The size of Europe is way bigger than you thought. Also what are you gonna do with the trucks and other licenses. Do you wanna start of the small map with 2-3 trucks? Toss away the old trucks that you might never get? Throw away the money that you've spend on ETS2 and DLC's?

From top to the bottom that ETS3 image is a meaningless thing.
krmarci

#63 Post by krmarci » 25 Apr 2021 08:10

Freeze338 wrote: 24 Apr 2021 21:51 What ETS3 are you talking about ? You are already playing ETS3. Compare the 2012 version and the game now you play. You already have a new game.

SCS started to make a game and expand + change strategy after ETS2 released instead of releasing new game for each 2-3 years. Not only SCS did also other big games uses that way as well. For example CS:GO. Before that Valve always making new Counter Strike games for big changes. Now instead of that, they make big changes with updates. So does the World of Warcraft and etc.

Beside current game is way away for finished. I'm not even gonna talk about gameplay, trucks, physics, trucking, new truck types, multiplayer, seasons and enviroments etc. but only the map requires lot's of years. The size of Europe is way bigger than you thought. [...]
ETS2 is certainly different from what it was in 2012. However, it certainly cannot be expanded indefinitely. Europe will likely be completed around the end of this decade, which is more than enough time for them to implement multiplayer, seasons etc., similarly how many things got implemented in the last 8 years.
Freeze338 wrote: 24 Apr 2021 21:51 [...] Also what are you gonna do with the trucks and other licenses. Do you wanna start of the small map with 2-3 trucks? Toss away the old trucks that you might never get? Throw away the money that you've spend on ETS2 and DLC's?
[...]
The licenses might be a problem, I agree to that. But also, there are some really old truck models in the game, which will be basically old-timers by 2030.
The map will age rapidly as well, and reskins won't help that. German cities are still as unrealistic (structurally) as they were in 2010 (with a few exceptions), and nowhere close to the quality of the most recent DLCs, despite the reskin.

And no, you wouldn't throw away the money, I'm quite sure that SCS wouldn't just pull ETS2 from the Steam store, blocking anyone from playing it. You would still be able to play ETS2, while being able to enjoy new maps every year while not driving SCS bankrupt.
Freeze338

#64 Post by Freeze338 » 25 Apr 2021 10:04

Well it might expand around South Africa to Anatolia Middle east to Asian Russia when the map finish. Those regions are similar like European regions as the trucking part. Expand their borders to the world wide and start to create World Truck Simulator. Maybe they could make Australian Truck Simulator and combine ETS2, ETS2 Asia extention and ATS for a one game and combine all players in one platform. Adding vocational trucks, busses, imorting exporting vehicles to all continents etc. etc. It's a way better option to remake same area constantly as ETS2-ETS3-ETS4 .

Beside map is only one part of it. About cities, well reskin could turn a remake. In ATS Vegas changed for an example so they can do same thing for rest of the cities and change the map depending on the situation. Also multiplayer is a new way to opens financially support. They can earn great money and stop relying map DLC's as the financial supply if they use right that opportunity. They can sell licensed old trucks on that platform adding roleplay turn the game to the massive multiplayer trucking game across of the world.
angrybirdseller

#65 Post by angrybirdseller » 25 Apr 2021 12:19

Just spin off the map for smaller fixed truck deliveries or different vehicles to drive. The ETS3 with larger they have to renegotiate the licensing for each truck again. I would take both ETS and ATS move to sandbox spin of different games based on the map. Tourism game, localized delivery game, RV driving, automotive driving new and classic vehicles. They can focus on the long distance trucks for now, but eventually they will need something else to bring in money. The ETS3 and ETS4 would not be good idea as companies grow they need to diversity the products they offer SCS does not have this problem for now, but 5-6 years from now they will need bus simulator or RV recreational sims to monetize the maps they built. Its far easier to rework existing map geared toward particular transport industry sector than to build it from starch.
dsf.fernando

#66 Post by dsf.fernando » 25 Apr 2021 16:42

Freeze338 wrote: 24 Apr 2021 21:51 What ETS3 are you talking about ? You are already playing ETS3. Compare the 2012 version and the game now you play. You already have a new game.
I have to disagree partially. The damage system, in example, only was changed for trailers, for trucks it's still the same since at least 2018.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
Freeze338

#67 Post by Freeze338 » 25 Apr 2021 20:54

That doesn't mean it will stay like this forever. You don't need to make an entire new game to change that. Beside damage is sth related with licenses. You have to agree all of truck brands to make visual damage system. Pavel explained that actually in one of the streams.

But sooner or later I'm expecting realistic physics will be added in the game. Wind effects trucks stability, aero parts will effect the fuel consumption etc. Sounds got huge upgrade, graphics got huge upgrade. Both of those updates are still missing parts but even with that, the game is changing, evolving. So anyway, as I've said you don't need an entire new game for implementing features.
dsf.fernando

#68 Post by dsf.fernando » 27 Apr 2021 10:57

For the damage system, i would describe something like this, i.e., separate damage per axle, suspension and brakes instead of visual damage
Freeze338

#69 Post by Freeze338 » 29 Apr 2021 08:54

You don't need ETS3 for that.
KeganMinecraft

#70 Post by KeganMinecraft » 18 Jun 2022 23:20

krmarci wrote: 14 Jan 2020 19:28 The map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q0_MH ... sp=sharing

I have probably spent way more time with this than I should have.
ETS2 will not last forever. Europe will likely be completed by the end of this decade. While SCS could expand ETS2 beyond Europe, it is surrounded by sparsely populated countries with a low player base, and probably wouldn't be financially sustainable. Thus, to appease SCS's main, European player base, it is far more likely that they will create a new version of Europe: Euro Truck Simulator 3.

The concept:

Map ratio is 1:10. City density is based on the average city density of the ETS2 map (excluding RttBS).

Each country up to Bulgaria in size would be its own DLC, anything larger would either be split, or done as an XL DLC, like Iberia currently. This is also why there are a lot of ferry routes - to allow people to connect to as many countries as possible.

The game itself would contain no map (maybe a demo map?), allowing access to the map only via DLCs. This would allow players to only include countries they want (i.e. not forcing people to own the base country - likely Germany - if they want to avoid it). Maybe problematic because of marketing? Starter packs could help here?

Development could be done similarly to ATS currently, with a team working on smaller countries, released every year, while a larger team could tackle larger countries like Germany or Poland in 2-3 years. As the area of this map is ca. 4x as large as the potential size of ETS2, it could take 4x as much time as well, allowing SCS to have a steady flow of money until the end of the century.

Feel free to comment on the concept. Maybe I missed some important cities/industries/roads.
I personally believe the most likely scenario for the future of truck sim would be merging ats and ets2 and making it one big game once they reach the east coast

Return to “General discussion about the game”